Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I would love to see FDJ in a United shirt. He would be a fantastic signing for us and pretty much fills a lot of the glaring holes that we have in that area.

However, the fact that we are about to start the season not having signed any deeper-lying midfielders is so frustrating. I don't think FDJ is worth this kind of saga. If it was Haaland we were chasing, then fair enough I'd wait till the last possible moment.

Wish we would just move on.
He’d be rubbish as a DM or DLP. He wasn’t that great as a ST the other day either!!

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I find it astonishing, that many people here condemn barca to sell something like 5-8% of the clubs total income for 25 years with a buyback option to fix the horrendous heritage left by Bartomeu, insulting and joking about it, but at the same time being a fan of a club that has sold everything, 100% to an investor until the end of time. I don't understand it.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I find it astonishing, that many people here condemn barca to sell something like 5-8% of the clubs total income for 25 years with a buyback option to fix the horrendous heritage left by Bartomeu, insulting and joking about it, but at the same time being a fan of a club that has sold everything, 100% to an investor until the end of time. I don't understand it.
What???

DanielofLeyland

So where and what was the knowing grin? I just can't bring myself to read through the entire muppet encyclopeadia to find it. Help a guy out someone?
United fans gathered at the airport on Saturday and one shouted to Murtough 'Get Frenkie' to which he turned to the fan and grinned. Then everybody laughed. That's it in a nutshell.

pauldyson1uk

Except he isn’t legally owed anything from what I understand and Barca clearly don’t want to pay. The smart move at this point is to cut your losses and actually continue your career elsewhere, rather than stay put at a club that obviously don’t want you.
Cut you losses over £17m. I cant find anything that says he is not legally owed it, I can find stuff saying Barc want him to accept £6m, that says to me that yes Barc do legally owe him the money.

Lynty

i don't know about the cutting off of 3 fingers ....and as long as it doesnt include a dildo and my arse i'm good
Three fingers would be the easiest one I'd say :lol:

Eating anything that wont kill you sounds ok, until you really think about it.

cyberman

The point of having a buy back clause is if for some reason TV rights suddenly start going for twice as much then obviously you get financing and buy back.

Of course they won't have that sort of money sitting around, but the business case could be watertight if the uptick is relevant.

This shouldn't sound like rocket science when we support a club purchased by some random punters that just committed future club revenues to buy it.
It’s not the rocket science I’m arguing against, it’s the fact Barca can seemingly take out 500m in financing when a bank won’t even give them a pot in piss in right now to the point they have to sell off the rights in the first place.
They haven’t the credit for it now when we are swimming in the most money that’s ever been around in football. Even if revenues go up, so will costs, transfer fees etc. La Liga tv deals aren’t the hot ticket that it’s made out to be on here

Chief123

There’s a lot of things you don’t understand.

They get 140M a year from that. 25% of 140M is 35M.

That's what they sold, a revenue stream that currently stands at 35M/year. At the extreme, not discounting the cash flow, the top end for that is 25yx35M=875M.

Any 2 billion valuation necessarily has to be inflated assuming all sorts of upsides, but in that scenario there's a buyback.

Sure, the buyback must have penalties and the buyers aren't making a bad deal either, but it's not distress sale values I'm seeing there.
Nar, they last received 166m in 2020/21 so that’s 1.035 bn over 25 years.
Add the average inflation rate of 1.98% and cumulative inflation of 47.89% and well, it’s a fecking terrible deal.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
So you mean now Frenkie will stay, Barca will pay him huge wages including those deferred and united will finally move on?
Barcelona want to sell him anyway. If the player wants to stay, Barcelona can not do anything.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
They are two completely different football club ownership models, and comparing them even to suits specific agenda is futile and pointless.
It’s not as if United fans all voted to be owned by the Glazers.

Lecland07

I don't think their deals are that bad.

Selling 25 years of a revenue stream currently worth €35M for >€500M with a buyback clause sounds about right.

Selling 25% of digital smoke and mirrors for 100M is essentially free money and if the new partners can make that bus8ness work and grow they will have 75% of something as opposed to 100% of a company that currently loses money. They basically got someone to pay 100M to part-take in their loses, that's the base case here.

People are thinking about this wrong: the cash flow is more of a concern. They are essentially going to be losing €70m in cash every year from this point: €35m towards the liability of the levers and €35m from deducted revenue. It will be more like a €1.75bn loss in cash over 25 years that they will have to deal with.

I'm not sure you can split the decision of getting the levers from how they are used, either. They have decided to increase their annual wages by about €40m this summer.

This summer could be costing them €110m in annual cash flows from wages and the levers alone. And that is ignoring the payments they need to make on the transfer fees.

The €100m they got from Barca studios won't even offset one season of cash flow loss. They are in a tough position for the future.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Well this thread has certainly taken an interesting turn......for like the umpteenth time.

Redcy

Cut you losses over £17m. I cant find anything that says he is not legally owed it, I can find stuff saying Barc want him to accept £6m, that says to me that yes Barc do legally owe him the money.
We can't but if it was as simple he was legally owed it I doubt there would be even this level of discussion. It seems more likely he is legally owed nothing, afaik we have some documentation that shows that instead of deferring his wages he actually signed a new contract. Instead of being paid

5 years at 16 million

he restructured it so:

year 1 and 2 = 8m

year 3 = 20m

year 4 = 22m

year 5 = 22m

Therefore Barca claim that if he leaves now he is owed nothing, he is just expecting to get paid more later. It seems that there may be no protection for him if he leaves early, which may not have been a worry for him in the past, as he never wanted to leave. However when Barca are trying to get rid or force him to take a loss of 40-50m he is screwed. He has no claim against them in this case. So his only hope is that he holds on and waits to see if they play chicken first when they might be stuck with him and he has to either take a 50% paycut or he plays as bit part CB.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t think too hard Ragnar. Might hurt that pretty brain of yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.