Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeryis

I don’t understand the lure of London. It’s a fecking shithole.
I get that people overrate the allure of London in football transfers, I don't think it's as big as a draw people make it out to be. However, calling it a shithole is on the other end of the spectrum it terms of extreme. Lots of areas in London are beautiful, especially central london. I don't know how anyone can call it a shithole.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
TIL Romero and Romano were two different people. Everytime I see Romero I for some reason assumed it was the journalist who says "Here we go"

I clicked onto Romero's twitter.....what even is he? All links to Twitch

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Do you have this muppet culture over there? Actual level headiness might explain that
It's not the most active forum. By comparison the Jules Kounde thread had 1.9k posts. This might sound a lot but there a guy in here with more posts in just this thread :lol:

dove

Does this stuff get pulled from his streams when someone asks "Will FDJ leave?" and he is like "This are happening but there is about a billion things to solve for it to happen", or he purposely builds up the hype with nonsense like "Some major developments regarding FDJ will be revealed 12:00 CEST" and he simply tweets "Things are happening"? Can't make my mind if it's the guy himself who is desperate for attention or just the aggregators picking snippets from here and there.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I do quite love how people go into meltdown over the fact The Athletic have put out an opinion piece of de Jong going to Chelsea, and everyone is treating it as if he's definitely going there.

Have Chelsea ever managed to do a silent transfer? If it was true, don't you think they'd make a bit of a thing of it, knowing that they're trumping United to a player that ten Hag really really wants? I'm pretty sure if it was true, and he wanted to go to Chelsea, United would pull out to avoid being "rejected"

peridigm

"The impression is..." complete weasel journalism, means absolutely nothing. Impression from who? Could literally just mean it's the journalist's general reading of the situation based on the outside factors.
Xavi: "I want Bernardo Silva!"
Laporte: "Sorry Xavi. Frenkie wants his owed wages and we can't afford to pay him and buy Silva."
Xavi: "How can we get United to cover Frenkie's owed wages?"
Laporte: "I know, I'll leak that Chelsea are on the verge of hijacking the deal and that he only wants CL football!"
Xavi: "Do it!"

MrSingh2002

Our scouting network should prioritise the WAGs wants and demands first. Before analysing the players ability. Waste of time otherwise....

cyberman

Also what’s the most fun? This is the best time of a season despite the doomers trying to assimilate us all
Not for me, muppet season peaked last summer when we got the 3 signings I wanted in all of world football and had the season we had.
It’s a life lesson for me!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Not for me, muppet season peaked last summer when we got the 3 signings I wanted in all of world football and had the season we had.
It’s a life lesson for me!
So you had fun during the transfer window but not during the season. Doesn't this prove geebs point?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Does this stuff get pulled from his streams when someone asks "Will FDJ leave?" and he is like "This are happening but there is about a billion things to solve for it to happen", or he purposely builds up the hype with nonsense like "Some major developments regarding FDJ will be revealed 12:00 CEST" and he simply tweets "Things are happening"? Can't make my mind if it's the guy himself who is desperate for attention or just the aggregators picking snippets from here and there.
Romero always says that when there are negotiations or information comes to him.
Many times he does not say what it is until he can give veracity to the information.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Romero always says that when there are negotiations or information comes to him.
Many times he does not say what it is until he can give veracity to the information.
Plus it doesn't always mean it's about de Jong either. It could be on some other transfers that they're working on.
If it's de Jong, i'd say it's United making their new push for him, and, if true, offering to pay his deferred wages. But i just don't know, as does none of us

MF1138

Seems like Chelsea are leaving it very late if all they have to do is step in and say they want him. If they're waiting for us to get everything sorted before stepping in they may be waiting until 2025 :wenger:

mu4c_20le

Seems like Chelsea are leaving it very late if all they have to do is step in and say they want him. If they're waiting for us to get everything sorted before stepping in they may be waiting until 2025 :wenger:
Boehly doesn't know!

Eplel

I fecking hate "ITK"s and twitter journos.

Can they not just make 1 post with the news and details instead of going full clickbait and "BREAKING: we have breaking news that some breaking news will happen soon" shit?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Unless United walk away and Barca are forced to accept the 50 million that Chelsea want to pay, i don't see them entering the race at all.
It would be a whole lot of cash for them to blow on a player they don't need. Plus he's a great player, yes, but he's not exactly a statement player is he? All they'd really have to brag out is nicking a player that United tried for for a long long time at the last moment. If thats a big thing for them, well?

worldinmotion66

Slow news day then?

I just read that humans don't actually swallow spiders in their sleep, and it was just a completely fabricated story to prove that you shouldn't believe everything that you read on the Internet. Who knew?!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Slow news day then?

I just read that humans don't actually swallow spiders in their sleep, and it was just a completely fabricated story to prove that you shouldn't believe everything that you read on the Internet. Who knew?!
So I shouldn't believe that, I do indeed eat spiders during sleep and need to believe everything I read online?

Withnail

Slow news day then?

I know it's not true but I'm fairly sure I heard about it when we still had dial-up so I'm calling shenanigans.

mctrials23

I think most cities in the UK are nice if you have enough money. London is stunning in the right areas and a footballer would be able to live in those areas quite easily. WAGs like the sound of London as well because its got lots going on and they can push their own "careers" if they are an influencer etc.

Still doesn't make much sense for Frenkie to go to Chelsea unless they are offering him more wages that United purely because they have CL. If he goes he goes and then I just hope that we knock Chelsea out of the CL places next season and Frenkie has to watch us in the CL wonder what if. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.