And I ain't seen the sunshine,
Since, I don't know when,
I'm stuck in muppet prison,
And time keeps draggin' on,
But that train keeps a-rollin',
Until the Frenkie dream is gone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's probably ours but the media needs mileage out of this one. Or maybe not. I'm not bothered given how lame this saga has been.

Irwin99

There's no point to him joining Chelsea unless Jorginho has made it clear he wants to move on soon.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think it's safe to say that Spanish reports are just trying to out BS eachother now.

Sport says he's not against going to United, FFPolo still says he hates United and the CIty and that he wants Chelsea or Bayern... it's a joke haha.

Tarrou

If he goes to Chelsea it will be the biggest meltdown in football forum history :lol:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
If he goes to Chelsea it will be the biggest meltdown in football forum history :lol:
It will. Funny how people are dismissing this on the basis of a player they already have. Maybe they see FDJ as an upgrade to their midfield irrelevant of who they have....just a thought

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
There's no point to him joining Chelsea unless Jorginho has made it clear he wants to move on soon.
He’s in the final year of his contract so likely will be moving on soon. But not this summer.

Irwin99

He’s in the final year of his contract so likely will be moving on soon. But not this summer.
I guess de Jong could be a replacement but if its this season are you not worried about them basically doing the same thing for the team? We had a similar situation with Keane and Veron many years ago.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It will. Funny how people are dismissing this on the basis of a player they already have. Maybe they see FDJ as an upgrade to their midfield irrelevant of who they have....just a thought
But as has been pointed out, if they wanted him, why haven't they submitted a bid yet? They don't want to pay what United have agreed, and they're hovering in the background should United pull out. They'll then jump in with 50m and Barca will likely take it as they want him out

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
But as has been pointed out, if they wanted him, why haven't they submitted a bid yet? They don't want to pay what United have agreed, and they're hovering in the background should United pull out. They'll then jump in with 50m and Barca will likely take it as they want him out
probably because they know what will be accepted and know their isn't really any point proceeding until his wage is sorted.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well they had enough for Kounde and Raphinha didn’t they?
On top of the Sterling and Koulibaly they are close to signing Cucerella for £50m and are linked with Fofana (£80m) Kyle Walker Peters and Dumfries (£30m each).

They need a forward.

They aren’t in addition to the above paying €85m for FDJ

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Can anyone explain how Chelsea afford him?

They aren’t paying €85m for a midfielder they don’t need.
We have 2 Spanish fullbacks that Barca have been after all summer. You could imagine that they’d be used in any negotiations to lower the fee.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why do Chelsea not need him? Kante is on the decline, that leaves Jorginho and Kovacic - de Jong is an upgrade on both.
Gallagher, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Gilmour, RLC..

Spending €85m on a player they don’t need right now when they have other issues to address is ridiculous

Lynty

Central Birmingham is great. Solihull is quite nice, the rest of the outskirts are a shithole. I say this as a semi-local.
Oh beleive me, I know. Born and raised in West Brom :lol:

Saying that, I've also worked in Mancehster both outside literally outside Picadilly and in Spinningfields (nightmare to travel into) and also London (South Kensington, Victoria, Poplar, Canary Wharf, Camden, Kentish Town) which is mostly full of twats. Much prefer Birmingham as a whole.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
probably because they know what will be accepted and know their isn't really any point proceeding until his wage is sorted.
If he GENUINELY wanted Chelsea, and knew they were in for him, he wouldn't be arsed about the wages i'd imagine. He'd get it sorted asap and leave.
Thats my opinion anyway. Theres no benefit to Chelsea staying away until the wages are sorted it won't change anything. I'm pretty sure Barca have told United they can talk to de Jong whenever they want, and if Chelsea were to have a bid accepted, then they'd say the same to them too.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea aren't as interested as is being made out in the Athletic. If they were, don't you think it would have been a bit more out there by now? Surely we'd have widespread reports, which tells me that the info the Athletic has is from Barca and not Chelsea.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We have 2 Spanish fullbacks that Barca have been after all summer. You could imagine that they’d be used in any negotiations to lower the fee.
Pretty sure thats already been ruled out quite a while ago? At least thats what was reported by Romero and the sorts

Nicoseth

Andrei Kanchelskis made me fall in love with Unite
Gallagher, Kovacic, Jorginho, Kante, Gilmour, RLC..

Spending €85m on a player they don’t need right now when they have other issues to address is ridiculous
I agree, I'm just saying that de Jong is an upgrade on all of them so not crazy for them to be interested. Their transfer window seems pretty random too, so who knows?

Lynty

I'll have to see him in Chelsea shirt to believe he's not coming to Old Trafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.