Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teja

Been thinking for the past few days that we're being taken for granted by both Frenkie and Barca.

We need to do something that makes them both nervous. Like pretending to walk away and start negotiating with other targets.

We can come back after they sort their BS out.

croadyman

Been thinking for the past few days that we're being taken for granted by both Frenkie and Barca.

We need to do something that makes them both nervous. Like pretending to walk away and start negotiating with other targets.

Convinced we are sitting in until Sept 1 which is a very risky strategy indeed. Certainly noticeable how the positive vote percentage has really dropped last 24 hours.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

To a certain degree. Frenkie needs to know that ETH really wants him so that he can go ahead and do a chicken race with Laporta. And maximise the money owed.

If we make Barca too nervous (despite having some term sheet agreement), then Laporta will push for another club to sell to.

Its a threesome so like in any threesomes, politics and trust creation is involved.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

I'm not sure you can make FdJ nervous. He's sitting on a gold mine and at a club and city, where he loves living. The only way he gets twitchy is if he cares more about self-respect (staying where he's not wanted) and his legacy as a footballer if not played regularly. He'll still be at the WC, regardless.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It's possible FdJ has told Barca he'll not move and stay. Barca has to accept his decision and the tweet is in some way trying to reverse the PR damage caused by the board against Frenkie.

Idxomer

I see that thread titles are getting worse and we're now in body shaming territory.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When it comes into this transfer specifically we have seen so many u-turns. Point is nobody knows anything, they know feck all. So my ratings on sources:

DailyMail = Gobshite tier
Mirror = Gobshite tier
Rafael Hernandez = Ultra Gobshite tier
Romano = Gobshite tier
Gerrard Romero = Gobshite tier
The Athletic = Gobshite tier
Any Simon = Gobshite tier
Laporta = Gobshite tier
Xavi = Gobshite tier
Managing Barca = Ultra Gobshite tier

Redcy

That's going a bit far don't you think? Neves is a better footballer in his sleep than Fellaini.
Neves may be a better footballer, but like fellaini he is not the player we need, he is a good player, playing for a mid level team who play in a particular way. Unless ten hag spends another 40 million+ on another dm, at which point we have spent 100-120m on two midfielders.

neves alone would be the definition of a panic buy, like fellaini. A lazy choice that would cost way more than his worth, who is not even the same style of player. He is more like Schone if anything.

I would go for ruiz, bennacer or even anguissa who are at least in the right mould

cyberman

He loves him again when another club comes in to start negotiating.
Hilariously transparent

Adamsk7

i think we should go and grab Tielemans. Not because I think we should give up on Frenkie (different players) but because we just can’t go in to the season with the midfield options we have. We can’t.

To be fair I could also say that about the forwards. Depressing stuff

Micky Targaryen

i think we should go and grab Tielemans. Not because I think we should give up on Frenkie (different players) but because we just can’t go in to the season with the midfield options we have. We can’t.

To be fair I could also say that about the forwards. Depressing stuff
I'm keen on Tielemans too but not exactly looking forward to their asking price seeing how Leicester fleeced us for Maguire. They're probably holding out for at least 80-100 mil for Maddison too.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
How long has it been now? And why are our new super duo not able to do more than one thing at a time?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Perhaps we're actually skint now and this is a good facade for us to maintain until the window closes and we've not had to spend anymore money.
No, that doesn’t make sense. We agreed a fee for FDJ first before we signed the 3 players we have got so far. We also are supposedly in for Sesko and we were in for Antony. I think the money is there and we’ll see other signings too. just have to be patient and let Barca sort their shit out first.

MrSingh2002

Desperate times and desperate measures for Barca. They saw Real Madrid with the Champions League for like the 13th/14th time, and sign Camavinga and Tchouameni recently.

They're busting their balls to get a team that can compete for the next few years. They're acting like a country that has money printers. Reckless behaviour with zero fecks given.

Adamsk7

I'm keen on Tielemans too but not exactly looking forward to their asking price seeing how Leicester fleeced us for Maguire. They're probably holding out for at least 80-100 mil for Maddison too.
He’s only got a year left and refusing to sign a new deal. Apparently we are looking at £30m max. Whilst I don’t think he’s worth the 60-70 they would charge otherwise, at 30 he’s a bargain in the current market.

Gurtej

Ok let’s all agree… FDJ not coming, fine but not ideal….

FDJ going to Chelsea will make us look like utter idiots when it’s so visible that he is our prime target for who we waited for months!!

I think we won’t go for another midfielder if we don’t get him, ETH said he wants right profile of player only which I fully agree….

May be we do go for Antony and Sheko to offset the deficiencies in midfield (again)….

With defence, Malacia and Martinez will definitely make us more solid that last year….

Sancho, Martial, Rashford 100% will deliver more than last year…. And with addition of Antony and Sheko (if), we will surely be stronger going forward!!

It will be a tough fight for top 4, I see us, Arsenal and Chelsea competing for 4th position with Pool, Shitty and Spurs (assuming Conte doesn’t have a mind blast during season) as a gurantee top 3!!

Status
Not open for further replies.