Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
The new FFP rules won't be in full effect for another few years. The 70% revenue cap will only start in 2025/26 season and there will be a few years of adjustment period where the cap slowly starts to decrease year by year.

In a way it makes a lot of sense for Chelsea to spend heavily now and then just try to make sure the rules are met in a few years once they're actually in place and penalties start to be given for breaches. I don't expect the big spending to continue forever but Boehly wants to make sure the club are ready to challenge for the big titles ASAP so having a statement window right away with lots of big money signings puts the club in a good position to compete, right? Still plenty of time for the club to get rid of the expensive deadwood before then, and also plenty of time for the new owners to increase revenues before then through new commercial deals etc.

Still don't believe Chelsea are seriously in for De Jong but other than that the spending doesn't seem like a big issue if you ask me.
That's fair enough although my counter-point would be that Chelsea are signing and are interested in genuinely good players but once you look at all the players from a macro view, it doesn't make much sense. Like what would be Chelsea's plan with FdJ? Are Chelsea playing a back-three? How many of Havertz/Mount/Gallagher would be able to start? Would Kovacic really be complement FdJ all that well? I'm kinda of the opinion that Boehly thinks signing good players will be sufficient without realising that how the players all fit into the team is an even more essential point (In baseball, fit wouldn't be near as much of an issue in terms of tactics)

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yet Dwight Yorke spoke to FDJ directly who told him no CL football was as big an issue as the money.

I have serious doubts about communication between Utd, manager and player. Looks farcical to me to carry on for months without reassurance.

Will hate watching him for Chelsea if he ends up there.
Did he? First i've ever heard about that, and it wasn't reported anywhere?

croadyman

But I think Man Utd and Chelsea can't pay the deferred wages for legal reasons. There's a cynic in me that believes that Barca have enticed Chelsea in so that Utd would get frightened and raise their bid for FdJ and Barca would then use the extra money to pay Frenkie's deferred wages
Oh yeah they are there to hurry us along

Woodzy

Barca are fecking idiots. Just stop signing players you stupid cnuts it’s not hard.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Direct the hate at our owners, Arnold and Murtough for their sheer incompetence.

Chelsea are a plastic piece of shit club who are only relevant through Russian blood money. They have no legitimate right to be in the picture and no legitimate history. If FDJ goes to them it’s not because of the draw of the club, it’s us being idiots in the transfer market, once again.
Can you prove this?

Also Chelsea aren’t Russian owned or bank rolled anymore. I accept it bought them to prominence, but they are maintaining it because they have a great manager and a great team. They aren’t going to go away just cos Roman did.

RedMilo

Don't you think something like that would have been printed elsewhere other than just the MEN?
Whats wrong with the MEN? Dwight Yorke is actually quoted and no doubt has connections from his time with us. Are you doubting their integrity? You're kidding yourself at this point pal. Let's see what happens. He would be here if he wanted to be. Still hope it happens but looking increasingly unlikely.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Its in Manchester Evening News pal
It's actually from an interview that was published in safebettingsites.com. MEN just decided to create an article on it.
https://www.safebettingsites.com/2022/08/03/dwight-yorke-speaks-to-safebettingsites/
Q: Regarding the De Jong situation and Ronaldo wanting to leave, do you feel United are in turmoil?

Yorke: There’s no question that the club has got some issues, they’ve just had their worst season since the Premier League started. The situation is carrying on into this season because their best player is not committing himself even though he’s got another year left on his contract and he’s telling the club he wants to leave. And then you think of what the club is doing in terms of signing players. I had a conversation with Frenkie De Jong at the All Star game (A-League All Stars vs Barcelona in May), and you know before that would’ve been a done deal (De Jong to Man Utd) and you look at his circumstances where he’s playing with a massive club and even though the money is an issue he has the opportunity to play CL football there. The players we are chasing are in such powerful positions it’s very difficult to lure them away to come to United. The club have kicked themselves in the teeth and can’t attract the best players any more, no CL football is a serious issue and it’s getting more and more difficult by the year. Players and agents are looking from the outside and thinking ‘that is not the place I want to be right now with all that stuff going on’. So we need to get that turned around and get the club back on track.

cyberman

That’s two times in the last two summers that they’ve tried cheating FFP only for La Liga to audit the shit out of them and put them in their place.

Of course Barca fans on here will tell us different

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Whats wrong with the MEN? Dwight Yorke is actually quoted and no doubt has connections from his time with us. Are you doubting their integrity? You're kidding yourself at this point pal. Let's see what happens. He would be here if he wanted to be. Still hope it happens but looking increasingly unlikely.
Nothing is wrong with the MEN, but i find it quite odd how de Jong will talk and give info to Dwight Yorke, but no one else? Bit odd that don't you think.
Still, i'm not kidding myself into anything. I'm waiting and seeing what happens, and if he doesn't come or goes to chelsea, so be it. I'm still as optimistic as ever thought and think United will go into desperation mode if needed

joedirt87

this is a work from barca. laporta did everything he could to keep frenkie but in the end they had to get rid and activate the 12th lever.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
That's fair enough although my counter-point would be that Chelsea are signing and are interested in genuinely good players but once you look at all the players from a macro view, it doesn't make much sense. Like what would be Chelsea's plan with FdJ? Are Chelsea playing a back-three? How many of Havertz/Mount/Gallagher would be able to start? Would Kovacic really be complement FdJ all that well? I'm kinda of the opinion that Boehly thinks signing good players will be sufficient without realising that how the players all fit into the team is an even more essential point (In baseball, fit wouldn't be near as much of an issue in terms of tactics)
It's been said that until a new sporting leadership is put into place, Tuchel has the final word on any new signing or transfer target so it's not Boehly himself deciding who to go after but rather it's mostly Tuchel who makes the call and Boehly is just the money man who tries to make the signings happen.

Now it has to be said I have no idea whether it's a good idea or not for Tuchel to be given all that power because he's on record saying he rather enjoyed the rigid recruitment structure in place under the previous regime and he mostly just wants focus on the actual coaching but until a DoF can be appointed that's how it's going to be. As a Chelsea fan I just hope Tuchel's targets are carefully picked to fit the needs of the squad and the game system but whether that's a reality I can't say for sure and only time will tell.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's amazing! What? You mean playing footy manager in real life with complete disregard for the future security of the club wasn't the best plan? Damn.
You can’t do what they are doing in FM. They have much stricter rules in the game.

croadyman

They won't, or even if they did, United would jump right in there and do the same.
We've spent 3 months on this, and the only reason i think we've not paid it (in a legal way - such a signing on fee) is because we thought we were the only ones involved and could drag it out.
IF Chelsea are actually progressing (and i don't know if they even will put in a bid) you can guarantee that United will have a backup plan of sorts to get it done ASAP such as a £17m sign on fee spread over the life of his contract (say 5 years, so £3.2m or so a year)
Still have my doubts we are able to do anything to overcome this wages issue, only need to look at Ducker's tweet to see it's a major problem which still isn't resolved

Brophs

The One and Only
Barca are fecking idiots. Just stop signing players you stupid cnuts it’s not hard.
Eventually, one of these times, La Liga will realise the €150m discrepancy is actually in Barca's favour and then we'll see who's laughing, as they go on a spending spree, the likes of which hadn't been seen since around 10 days earlier.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

MF1138

Don't you think something like that would have been printed elsewhere other than just the MEN?
Yorke: "I had a conversation with Frenkie De Jong at the All Star game (A-League All Stars vs Barcelona in May), and you know before that would’ve been a done deal (De Jong to Man Utd) and you look at his circumstances where he’s playing with a massive club and even though the money is an issue he has the opportunity to play CL football there. The players we are chasing are in such powerful positions it’s very difficult to lure them away to come to United. The club have kicked themselves in the teeth and can’t attract the best players any more, no CL football is a serious issue and it’s getting more and more difficult by the year. Players and agents are looking from the outside and thinking ‘that is not the place I want to be right now with all that stuff going on’. So we need to get that turned around and get the club back on track."

Knows nothing and is guessing :rolleyes:

Irrational.

Direct the hate at our owners, Arnold and Murtough for their sheer incompetence.

Chelsea are a plastic piece of shit club who are only relevant through Russian blood money. They have no legitimate right to be in the picture and no legitimate history. If FDJ goes to them it’s not because of the draw of the club, it’s us being idiots in the transfer market, once again.
In all seriousness, what more could Arnold and Murtough have done? It's not for lack of trying - it's all Brokealoaner's wanker behaviour and financial irresponsibility.

Barcalever just need to give up now and declare bankruptcy.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Still have my doubts we are able to do anything to overcome this wages issue, only need to look at Ducker's tweet to see it's a major problem which still isn't resolved
As i've speculated, i think United will have a plan for that if they absolutely have too and it's the only way to get him here.
They don't want to pay it, as they shouldn't and i don't want them too, but if it's ten Hags priority player, and he's desperate to get him, i can see them paying it to de Jong as an add-on to his contract over the life of it. Just my opinion but it seems to be the logical way of doing it and theres no legal thing stopping them doing it is there?

Mainoldo

The other Barcelona player that Chelsea are interested in.
Good move for Aubu. Nobody ahead of him in the peaking order and he’s a better player than Werner.

Typical Chelsea signing. Keeps them afloat.

Mainoldo

Yorke clearly didn’t understand the conversation he was having and no one is surprised. If he had this conversation with Frenkie’s woman I would believe every word he said.

Chief123

It's actually from an interview that was published in safebettingsites.com. MEN just decided to create an article on it.
https://www.safebettingsites.com/2022/08/03/dwight-yorke-speaks-to-safebettingsites/
The article reads very differently to FDJ actually saying no UCL would be as big a problem as the money. The UCL comment just sounds like an opinion from Yorke.

Status
Not open for further replies.