Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Only thing I can think of is Chelsea are stupid enough to pay the £17m wages so Barca are happy to accept less fee and speed it up
But I think Man Utd and Chelsea can't pay the deferred wages for legal reasons. There's a cynic in me that believes that Barca have enticed Chelsea in so that Utd would get frightened and raise their bid for FdJ and Barca would then use the extra money to pay Frenkie's deferred wages

Rawls

It just doesn't add up to me, almost like Barca are trying their best to force Chelsea from interest to a bid.
Exactly what I was thinking! And Laporta would be capable of doing something like that

TheReligion

Abusive
But I think Man Utd and Chelsea can't pay the deferred wages for legal reasons. There's a cynic in me that believes that Barca have enticed Chelsea in so that Utd would get frightened and raise their bid for FdJ and Barca would then use the extra money to pay Frenkie's deferred wages
You also have to think that is suits De Jong to have more than one suitor. Even if he fancies United he can squeeze more money if there’s another club conveniently interested..

MF1138

Aren't they just rehashing what we already heard this afternoon? Is there even a source for this? I can't see anything on either of their twitters or online about it either.
It's a throwaway in their piece about Cucurella: "Chelsea are also in talks to hijack Manchester United’s protracted attempts to sign Frenkie de Jong from Barcelona and have also made an enquiry for Southampton full-back Kyle Walker-Peters while also showing interest in Inter Milan’s Denzil Dumfries. "

Mmm-Qatarian

Chelsea got CL, that’s about it. Most boring top team I can think about.
I think that's what would piss me off about it the most. There is nothing special about Chelsea.

Liverpool, much as we might despise them, are a special team because of their unique history. Arsenal to a lesser extent also have that going for them, and are also a meme. City, whilst having very little in the way of history, at least have the X-factor of being England's most dominant team right now and are also owned by a state. And even Spurs, like Arsenal, are a meme. What the feck is cool about Chelsea? Aside from being the team with England's most insufferable fanbase, and the side that arguably introduced oil money into the world of football, there's nothing special about them.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Exactly what I was thinking! And Laporta would be capable of doing something like that
But would he, after what Barca have done to Chelsea with Raphinha and Kounde? They pretty much had both wrapped up until Barca got involved.
I suppose Chelsea are just a very forgiving kind of club who hold no grudges haha

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I find the Chelsea interest strange. Yes, Chelsea will have issues in midfield in 2023 but they have major holes at CB and ST right now! Surely they would prioritise those two positions right now ahead of FdJ? Plus the new FFP rules are supposed to limit clubs to having their costs limited to 70% of their revenue; Chelsea have already signed Sterling, Koulibaly, Chukwuemeka, and Cucurellla, and are looking at signing Sesko, either Walker-Peters or Dumfries, Fofana, and de Jong. That will put major pressure on them in terms of FFP; remember, City only got away with it because they covered their tracks well in advance.
The new FFP rules won't be in full effect for another few years. The 70% revenue cap will only start in 2025/26 season and there will be a few years of adjustment period where the cap slowly starts to decrease year by year.

In a way it makes a lot of sense for Chelsea to spend heavily now and then just try to make sure the rules are met in a few years once they're actually in place and penalties start to be given for breaches. I don't expect the big spending to continue forever but Boehly wants to make sure the club are ready to challenge for the big titles ASAP so having a statement window right away with lots of big money signings puts the club in a good position to compete, right? Still plenty of time for the club to get rid of the expensive deadwood before then, and also plenty of time for the new owners to increase revenues before then through new commercial deals etc.

Still don't believe Chelsea are seriously in for De Jong but other than that the spending doesn't seem like a big issue if you ask me.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Let's see if Chelsea are moronic enough to pay it for Barcelona to get the deal done.
They won't, or even if they did, United would jump right in there and do the same.
We've spent 3 months on this, and the only reason i think we've not paid it (in a legal way - such a signing on fee) is because we thought we were the only ones involved and could drag it out.
IF Chelsea are actually progressing (and i don't know if they even will put in a bid) you can guarantee that United will have a backup plan of sorts to get it done ASAP such as a £17m sign on fee spread over the life of his contract (say 5 years, so £3.2m or so a year)

Mmm-Qatarian

Scenes when Orny got confused and it turns out Luuk De Jong is actually Boehly's big striker target.

Rawls

You also have to think that is suits De Jong to have more than one suitor. Even if he fancies United he can squeeze more money if there’s another club conveniently interested..
Yeah, I think there were rumours that his agent was trying to drum up interest across other clubs

Zoo

And relax!
He’s already deleted this tweet as once again he’s probably wrong. Needs to be blacklisted as he does this all the time along with hawking accounts for cash.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Have that Barca you focking vankers :drool:

Pedro Morata (COPE): LaLiga will count the 517m lever numbers and not 667m as the club expected, there is a 150m gap to register players

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Direct the hate at our owners, Arnold and Murtough for their sheer incompetence.

Chelsea are a plastic piece of shit club who are only relevant through Russian blood money. They have no legitimate right to be in the picture and no legitimate history. If FDJ goes to them it’s not because of the draw of the club, it’s us being idiots in the transfer market, once again.
Are you ok sweetie?

Rawls

But would he, after what Barca have done to Chelsea with Raphinha and Kounde? They pretty much had both wrapped up until Barca got involved.
I suppose Chelsea are just a very forgiving kind of club who hold no grudges haha
I dunno, I think there were rumours that Utd were exploring other options at the weekend (A bluff in reality) and Barca might have wanted to test this bluff by telling Chelsea that Utd were possibly withdrawing from trying to sign de Jong (Which would tie in with what Miguel Delaney said earlier)

Basa1987

What hopes are people still clinging to with this deal now?
That United wouldn’t be stupid enough to waste 3 months trying to sign him if didn’t want to come?
Are you really confident we wouldn’t be that stupid?
There hasn’t been a shred of positive news about this deal in weeks.
‘Embarrassing’ has risen to 18.5% in the poll now.
I swear I was trying to figure out the meter of this 'poem' until I realized it was just line after line without a paragraph.

RedMilo

Yet Dwight Yorke spoke to FDJ directly who told him no CL football was as big an issue as the money.

I have serious doubts about communication between Utd, manager and player. Looks farcical to me to carry on for months without reassurance.

Will hate watching him for Chelsea if he ends up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.