Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Says the person wanting the thread closed because it's 'ridiculous'. Explain how you're taking a grown-up position when so many others are enjoying the thread. Why exactly should it be closed? Is your fragile ego being affected? :(
Really do not understand why people want the thread closed because they don't believe it'll happen. At the end of the day, don't like the thread, don't come in. Mute it if you need too, it's not rocket science is it

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Really do not understand why people want the thread closed because they don't believe it'll happen. At the end of the day, don't like the thread, don't come in. Mute it if you need too, it's not rocket science is it
But where's the fun in that? Rather walz in and spoil the fun for the people who are obviously enjoying the thread

El-Manos

Says the person wanting the thread closed because it's 'ridiculous'. Explain how you're taking a grown-up position when so many others are enjoying the thread. Why exactly should it be closed? Is your fragile ego being affected? :(
What’s with the personal attack darling ? Are you ok?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
But where's the fun in that? Rather walz in and spoil the fun for the people who are obviously enjoying the thread
I suppose some people just don't like transfer season, or they get excited when they see an extra 10 pages added and it's just some guys having a bit of fun in here whilst discussing the latest Sport drivel

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Well said Brownie. I'm not interested in protein powders, Werewolf and other threads which are very popular on here. So, I never open those threads. It's kind of obvious, really.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
This guy is clearly trolling - don’t feed him. He’s been here all day saying how ridiculous the thread is but he won’t take the hint and move on. I say we ignore him until either he gets the idea, or someone *cough* comes along and puts us out of his misery.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
"Not necessarily midfielders as a first option".

Doesn't sound like they're going to spaff £80m on one. Unless the Toddster has come over all FM, as Andy Mitten seems to think.
Not as a first option but that was always known to be a CB.

To follow it up with "we are open to everything" does add some weight to claims he wants a midfielder and attacker, too

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well said Brownie. I'm not interested in protein powders, Werewolf and other threads which are very popular on here. So, I never open those threads. It's kind of obvious, really.
I completely agree. I don't go into many threads at all, but transfer season i absolutely love! This thread has really captivated me hence why i'm always here. It's become more about the chat and having a laugh with people than actually expecting positive news now!

diarm

I've never played Werewolf and don't fully understand how it works, but even I think Penna is playing the long con here.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not as a first option but that was always known to be a CB.

To follow it up with "we are open to everything" does add some weight to claims he wants a midfielder and attacker, too
Of course he's open to everything, but spending close to €100m on a position that you really don't need to strengthen and have several great players that play there already? Seems kind of obvious that he'll want to focus transfer funds elsewhere

El-Manos

You started the insults and now you're doubling down with misogyny. Just admit you're a joyless twat and feck off and bother somebody else.

Close the thread! I can't take it anymore wah wah wah
I’ll be supporting my team tomorrow. You can stay here and moan about a player that has no interest in joining. Now feck off.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
Yep, thats very true.

Does make me wonder what Barca will do next. Will they still push it hard that he's going to Chelsea or will they change yet again?
Frenkie. Doesn't. Want. To. Leave. That is the main issue here for both Barca and United.

There comes a time you have to accept not everything in the media is coming from the club, why would Barca - who are even more desperate now - jeopardize a fair deal we have in place with United and risk pissing them off by inviting Chelsea to bid? Think about this logically. Frenkie wants to stay clearly but if forced to leave, he probably wants CL football. I don't think he has any affinity to a particular club nor do I believe he gave any assurances. His agent is feeding the media with rumors of CL clubs. First we had Chelsea, yesterday it was that he wanted to play for Bayern. Please tell me why Barca would do that when they just want him gone? Even the deferred wages, I think at this point the club will find an agreement but I still think the player will refuse to leave.

I get everyone hates Barca, wants us to fall etc etc not gonna argue against that I'm here for a discussion but this really is mental gymnastics on another level bordering on conspiracy theory type shit. I don't really believe the Chelsea links are realistic on their end either looking at the positions they need but this is way deeper than just deferred wages delaying the deal at this point.

Laporta will continue the lie about wanting to keep him as he knows, if this goes tits up and he does end up staying, the player and club have to put it behind them and work towards the future. He's a politician.

I think the major reason he and his agents have stayed silent throughout this saga is because he wants to stay; beautiful city, CL football and a shot at winning major trophies whilst earning more on his current wages than he would if he left. If Barca are to force him to leave, he won't make it easy by joining the first club interested.

Withnail

I completely agree. I don't go into many threads at all, but transfer season i absolutely love! This thread has really captivated me hence why i'm always here. It's become more about the chat and having a laugh with people than actually expecting positive news now!
Well yes the thread isn't about Frenkie at all. It's kept me entertained all Summer and I thank all you muppets for the banter. It's been great.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’ll be supporting my team tomorrow. You can stay here and moan about a player that has no interest in joining. Now feck off.
In your opinion that is. No proof he doesn't want to join, he's said nothing to anyone except that he wants to stay at Barca.

El-Manos

In your opinion that is. No proof he doesn't want to join, he's said nothing to anyone except that he wants to stay at Barca.
We’ll know come September first. I pulled out the moment united sources became pessimistic, as I assume they more than me and you.

skc_18

May be we are not offering high wages for him or may be he is waiting for his Barcelona wages to be resolved soon.
Otherwise I am not sure why he is not interested to join. He will be the main player and we surely are going to play CL next season.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well yes the thread isn't about Frenkie at all. It's kept me entertained all Summer and I thank all you muppets for the banter. It's been great.
Well, it is about Frenkie obviously, but when you have negative, opinionated news being posted and people coming in trying to criticise everything, you kinda just chat about anything to keep the spirits up haha

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Of course he's open to everything, but spending close to €100m on a position that you really don't need to strengthen and have several great players that play there already? Seems kind of obvious that he'll want to focus transfer funds elsewhere
It would make sense, but the way Boehly is going, it could quite easily happen.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
We’ll know come September first. I pulled out the moment united sources became pessimistic, as I assume they more than me and you.
Yeah of course, but ten Hag knows more than they do, and he's happy to sit and wait, so obviously it's not all as clear cut as it seems with Chelsea. And with what Tuchel said and the fact that Chelsea reporters really aren't reporting things too heavily regarding their interest, it seems like it's more Barca taking the piss

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
And by doing so you missed the fact that most of us are just having a laugh and speculating a bit about the various articles whether they are reliable or not. The thread only becomes tedious when people like you don't really read the room.

Blood Mage

Ornstein is never wrong though so surely Chelsea are in for him and Tuchel is just bluffing?

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yeah Boehly, his inexperience and misguided will to splash the cash is something that worries me. We all agree it doesn't make much sense for Chelsea to spend more than 80m on a midfielder, but not sure that'll stop Boehly from doing it

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I agree it could easily happen, but you have to wonder how it'll effect morale with the other guys too. Some of your guys are quality and waiting patiently to get their chance... along come de Jong and pushes them further down the pecking order, i imagine a few will want out

Status
Not open for further replies.