Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acquire Me

As soon as Barca and him is in agreement to leave, we will actually see who will get him. I bet on us. He might stay with them though, so much crazy going on there. Can’t rule that out.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Lads, a few things about Chelsea you’re over looking.

They haven’t made a bid.
They’re well stocked in midfield, De Jong isn’t guaranteed a starting position.
They’ve spent a tonne of cash already.
Chelsea are pissed off with Barcelona for hijacking Raphinna and Kounde, both of which promised Chelsea they would sign for them.
Barcelona are pissed off with Chelsea for blocking the transfers of their two fullbacks to Barca.

It doesn’t matter if De Jong prefers London if Barca don’t sell to them. We can all chip him and get him and his missus a season pass on the mega bus if needed.
And they’re happy with how we’ve approached it. And we briefed that we’re happy to wait and all this hysteria is being pushed by Spanish sources as they want it done this week.

I know I’m being a twat in here a lot of the time, but I genuinely don’t think that this is completely dead

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Lads, a few things about Chelsea you’re over looking.

They haven’t made a bid.
They’re well stocked in midfield, De Jong isn’t guaranteed a starting position.
They’ve spent a tonne of cash already.
Chelsea are pissed off with Barcelona for hijacking Raphinna and Kounde, both of which promised Chelsea they would sign for them.
Barcelona are pissed off with Chelsea for blocking the transfers of their two fullbacks to Barca.

It doesn’t matter if De Jong prefers London if Barca don’t sell to them. We can all chip him and get him and his missus a season pass on the mega bus if needed.
Andy?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not getting FDJ would be embarrassing enough
Not getting FDJ AND him going to Chelsea just doesn't bare thinking about. If that happens we've truly taken the banter club label off of Arsenal

crossy1686

career ending
And they’re happy with how we’ve approached it. And we briefed that we’re happy to wait and all this hysteria is being pushed by Spanish sources as they want it done this week.

I know I’m being a twat in here a lot of the time, but I genuinely don’t think that this is completely dead
Agreed. I’m only following the Athletic and Mitten for this transfer as they seem to know all the details and have great sources for them too. If this deal was dead they would have said so, I think last week De Jong was staying at Barca, this week it seems Barca have told someone that isn’t an option anymore.

peridigm

Not getting FDJ would be embarrassing enough
Not getting FDJ AND him going to Chelsea just doesn't bare thinking about. If that happens we've truly taken the banter club label off of Arsenal
We couldn't get Hazard with SAF at the helm. Not getting FDJ would be annoying at most. Mediocrity is temporary.

theklr

Correct me if wrong but in his podcast, Mitten just says United have had many meetings in Barcelona. He says 2 sources confirm he wants Chelsea.

He says someone from United needs to get in front of him to "convince him to come to Manchester".

So my point about him preferring Chelsea is not ambigious whatsoever. It's suggested by many reporters, Mitten included. Man Utd may not be out of the race in the strictest sense but it's not unreasonable to say this is far fetched.
Well , seems we have to distinguish between FDJ preferring Chelsea and that every credible source including Mitten saying Chelsea would get FDJ as you originally wrote.

I mean, Tuchel has said they arent activly looking for midfielders, they are looking to spend huge amount on Fofana after spending alot of money already.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Between DMs with Sesko and name spelling with de Jong, I think it's safe to say that the Caf are the ones who have ruined everything. de Jong is just waiting for the title to get fixed, but Murtough says it's out of his hands :(
It’s literally the last step, mods too busy fleecing us with pop ups though, as usual.:rolleyes:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
How about considering some facts instead of insinuations/ like Utd agreed a deal in principle
I'm not disputing that fact? What is wrong with you :lol:

My point is about player preference. We can agree a deal 100 times with Barcelona - that's not the hurdle mate.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We have an ownership who don’t give two shits, a boardroom incompetent beyond belief and a fanbase ready to storm Old Trafford - we finished 6th last year and currently have an inferior squad - can someone tell me why in the name of feck FDJ would want to join this club? It’s an absolute mess.

Gandalf

Matt Law said Chelsea believe they will have preference their way.
Rob Dawson gave credence to persistent rumours he wants Chelsea.
Mitten said last week he had two sources that confirmed he would prefer Chelsea. I dont know how this is ambiguous.
Telegraph said United resigned to the fact that Frenkie doesnt want him.

There is absolutely no insinuation from anyone that Frenkie would prefer United over Chelsea.
Helena Condis, Tier 1 for Barca tweeted we were his most likely destination last week. Fairly sure @Berbaclass says the same.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well , seems we have to distinguish between FDJ preferring Chelsea and that every credible source including Mitten saying Chelsea would get FDJ as you originally wrote.

I mean, Tuchel has said they arent activly looking for midfielders, they are looking to spend huge amount on Fofana after spending alot of money already.
You're right. I'll amend the: "Mitten thinks he's going to Chelsea" to "Mitten confirmed that 2 of his independent sources had confirmed to him that Frenkie prefers Chelsea".

Still though, not exactly pointing to a decent chance we get him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
We couldn't get Hazard with SAF at the helm. Not getting FDJ would be annoying at most. Mediocrity is temporary.
Not the same in the slightest, we were top dogs when we missed out on Hazard. We didn't need to pay ridiculous agents fee's as missing out on the odd player here and there didn't have too much of an impact because of the team we had. The situation was like City are in now missing out on Kane and Cucurella, an annoying set back but nothing else. We were a club at that stage that completed transfers on our terms and our terms alone

theklr

You're right. I'll amend the: "Mitten thinks he's going to Chelsea" to "Mitten confirmed that 2 of his independent sources had confirmed to him that Frenkie prefers Chelsea".

Still though, not exactly pointing to a decent chance we get him.
No, that I can very much agree with sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.