Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Come on now muppets, believe

I mean, what's more likely:
A) the issue is economic in nature and you're prepared to wait it out until he gets his big payoff from Barcelona before joining

Or

B) a multi-billion pounds entity, one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, spent almost an entire transfer window - 3 months and counting by this point i believe - chasing a guy who had ZERO interest in signing for then?!?!?

Be realistic. This is on

city-puma

:lol: fair enough

I heard this weeks and last week's podcasts. Last week he wasn't confident. This week he's just a bit more confident than last week, but his rationale for that is based on Frenkie being forced out. He said in the same podcast (as he did last week) that two independent sources confirmed to him he wants to go to Chelsea.

He's either staying or going to Chelsea mate. He's not coming to us. He was never, ever interested. The only argument was "why would we waste all these weeks if he wasn't interested" - and the answer is because we're incompetent fools. As you can see with Rabiot/Arnautovic pursuits.
:confused:
I have to say you are truly foolish. No offense really. Don’t take it personal. If you do feel that way, I sincerely apologize.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

A) the issue is economic in nature and you're prepared to wait it out until he gets his big payoff from Barcelona before joining

Or

B) a multi-billion pounds entity, one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, spent almost an entire transfer window - 3 months and counting by this point i believe - chasing a guy who had ZERO interest in signing for then?!?!?

Be realistic. This is on
that is exactly the type of entity we are.

Tarrou

Been telling this thread for 2 months this isn’t happening.

The player must have leaked his disinterested at joining United about 50 times over the last 8 weeks and people didn’t want to listen.

’We wouldn’t spend 3 months chasing him if he didn’t want to come‘…..this is the board who took 2 months to sign free agent Eriksen.
You think FDJ is covertly leaking that he doesn’t want to join United?

what on earth for? He can just say it anytime he likes

Ricardo de la Vega

Or

Be realistic. This is on
You sweet summer child you have no idea how incompetent we are....

mu4c_20le

Or

Be realistic. This is on
He would never lie to Ten Hag.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:confused:
I have to say you are truly foolish. No offense really. Don’t take it personal. If you do feel that way, I sincerely apologize.
Unless you are able to back it up with actual rationale and open it up to mature debate, I suggest you don't bother with the insults in the first place.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Or

Be realistic. This is on
You'd be surprised the level of incompetence people are capable of

croadyman

Realisation has hit that we aren't getting a walking away brief, just gonna try and skulk off into the night like nothing happened

peridigm

Realisation has hit that we aren't getting a walking away brief, just gonna try and skulk off into the night like nothing happened
We'll sign players and then it will be... "United believe they were used as a final lever by Barcelona to get Frenkie de Jong on lower wages."

Tweek

Unless you are able to back it up with actual rationale and open it up to mature debate, I suggest you don't bother with the insults in the first place.
Mate, to be fair, one of your main arguments is 'we are incompetent fools so this definitely isn't happening'. That is not a rational argument as to why we have stuck around for so long. It is hyperbolic opinion with little-to-no foundation.

croadyman

Or

Be realistic. This is on
You only say that as Barca is your rival

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Mate, to be fair, one of your main arguments is 'we are incompetent fools so this definitely isn't happening'. That is not a rationale argument as to why we have stuck around for so long. It is hyperbolic opinion with little-to-no foundation.
If you read my posts that is not why I say this is not happening. That is actually the answer to why we pursued the deal despite it being so far fetched - because as a club we make really shit and idiotic decisions - like Ighalo and Cavani and the first Sancho saga and the Pogba deal and the Pogba renewal and all the other shit that went with it. We ran with this because we, rather naively, thought that if we push for Frenkie then when he's forced out he will come to us. It was assuming no other club would pay for him and that we would be able to rely on Ten Hag's relationship to attract him. Nothing else.

The reason I don't think this is happening is because every credible source, including Mitten, thinks that Chelsea are going to get FdJ.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Until they register players or he agrees to go to Chelsea this is still on for me. Ignoring all reporting as it changes daily so I'll just wait for the facts.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think we were right to chase him and I think he has been open to a move all summer.

But Chelsea doing a Chelsea and hijacking our targets is something that we didn't expect/hoped wouldn't happen, and I imagine now we know Frenkie would rather go to Chelsea than us we are now looking at alternatives.

It's tempting to lay into the club and call them idiots, but I do get it. New manager and want to get him his number 1 target at all costs, and I imagine have received encouragement all summer to do so. I suppose the main argument is that they should have looked at alternatives sooner, and now are left scrambling like 3am is approaching, and the nightclub is closing... and the beer goggles have well and truly kicked in.

Pearl.Jam

Or

Be realistic. This is on
You do realise this is the Utd after Fergie that we’re talking about ?

city-puma

This is what you said by yourself,
The only argument was "why would we waste all these weeks if he wasn't interested" - and the answer is because we're incompetent fools.”

The only thing I can deduct from your logic and reasoning is that you are foolish. I am sorry.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is what you said by yourself,
The only argument was "why would we waste all these weeks if he wasn't interested" - and the answer is because we're incompetent fools.”

The only thing I can deduct from your logic and reasoning is that you are foolish. I am sorry.
Ironically you're foolish if you can't follow that rationale. We have a track record of idiocy in every summer window in the last 8-9 years, so why you think this is some exception is beyond me.

mu4c_20le

He's not going to Chelsea. Even Chelsea fans don't think so.

Unless he's staying, there's one place he can go.

Cloud7

You would be surprised. After the last decade anything is possible.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I just got a really good feeling if he moves, then our position is better than people realise.
Just when I thought I was out, they.........no, no, no, stop, it's off. Hahah

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Been telling this thread for 2 months this isn’t happening.

The player must have leaked his disinterested at joining United about 50 times over the last 8 weeks and people didn’t want to listen.

’We wouldn’t spend 3 months chasing him if he didn’t want to come‘…..this is the board who took 2 months to sign free agent Eriksen.
Blab blah blah blah he’s coming :drool:

city-puma

Ironically you're foolish if you can't follow that rationale. We have a track record of idiocy in every summer window in the last 8-9 years, so why you think this is some exception is beyond me.
It’s ok. Just be yourself.

croadyman

I just can’t see any sign whatsoever of it tipping back in our favour again, all we constantly hear from sources is Chelsea over Utd

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is Twitter down? Has this saga actually broke the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.