Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The Chelsea rumours are dying down now... to the point where they're apparently looking for alternatives? I dunno if its true or not
Hopefully it is. Really want us to sign him but I thought if it was gonna happen then it would of by now.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Stuff has been coming out all summer though? This should of been wrapped up ages ago.
Can't wrap something up when the player involved is adamant he doesn't want to move at that moment in time?

We can't go over and physically drag him here can we

DJ_21

How should it have been? Because that's what you want? Of course in a perfect world, but that was never ever going to happen in this particular saga.
We’ve just allowed another team to become interested though and then there’s 50/50 on who he chooses.

DJ_21

Can't wrap something up when the player involved is adamant he doesn't want to move at that moment in time?

We can't go over and physically drag him here can we
Has he said he wants to move now though?

OrcaFat

I kind of do believe it though. Even if "anyone with a bit of.." was hyperbole, admitted. All three of them are mentally weak though, is my suspicion, doesn't sound like a good midfield mix at all to me.
I haven’t seen enough of Rabiot to know if that’s true of him. De Jong and Eriksen don’t seem mentally weak to me; they seem like intelligent, canny players.

in terms of overall balance, I’m expecting Rabiot to provide ground coverage and a bit of steel but I don’t know him well enough to be confident about that. I always said a Rice type would go best with FDJ- a guy who can play the hard tackling defensive anchor or switch to a dynamic box to box role depending on the match situation. I know Rice is not everyone’s cup of tea but he’s one of the best in that dual-function role.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Fully expect this to be announced on Frenkie Friday. He’ll be in the stands for the Liverpool game

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Even eriksen?
I mean admittedly rabiot is a bit of a crybaby while de jong seems to be the pretty boy type but to be honest I haven't seen anything from eriksen to suggest him being mentally weak.
I don't mean to say that he doesn't have a good attitude, but Eriksen seems prone to lethargy from time to time. Just saying, none of the three are going to stand up to a physically strong and aggressive midfield.

Fridge chutney

You clearly didn't read my post or else you wouldn't post such utter drivel.
I agree with some of it, just not that part. And i am right, he has the power in this situation as he has a binding contract so he doesn't need to do anything, unless Barcelona goes bankrupt and folds, he can ride out his lucrative contract whether he plays well or not.

AdNani

I don't mean to say that he doesn't have a good attitude, but Eriksen seems prone to lethargy from time to time. Just saying, none of the three are going to stand up to a physically strong and aggressive midfield.
Rabiot is strong in the tackle, he might not be keane aggressive, but he's physical.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You really smashed it mate. What are you going to do with your windfall next week?

You deserve a nice vacation at least
I bloody hope so, probably piss the lot on Amstel getting over the inevitable Liverpool drubbing.
I stuck £20 on after I read your original post mentioning its was 4/1. Come on!
Fingers crossed brother!

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Fair enough I guess , it would be great if we could get a meklele type in there.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Anyone reliable saying he's coming to Utd?
Anyone reliable knows that nobody knows anything, because Frenkie himself didn't made a decision yet. He is keeping all options open, because anything else would be unprofessional. Barca and Dursun have their own agendas of course and pressure to transfer. But in the end, he decides together with his woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.