Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Wait, we've always been 'confident'. It's been said that United hope to have it completed 'in the next week' for 3 months. How is this news?

OrcaFat

If we can pull this off, a midfield of De Jong and Rabiot is a seriously press resistant partnership. It’s going to be a mammoth difference from McFred are the complete opposite of press resistant.

I do think with FDJ and Rabiot we would see a major improvement in the defence as they won’t get exposed by mistakes created in our midfield.
Those two would make a very satisfactory midfield pair. I’d play Eriksen in front of them, Bruno and Sancho on the flanks (the three of them interchanging) and we’ll need a new striker (keeping the various guys we have to provide options/ backup across the front four). I think we could be genuinely competitive.

Posh Red

Do we have any tax experts in the Caf? I would imagine it gets rather unusually complicated when a foreign company starts paying deferred wages from another country.
The wages aren’t really deferred though are they. He signed a new contract with an escalating wage to compensate for the initial reduction (unless I’m mistaken on this?). I still haven’t been given a reasonable explanation yet as to why United couldn’t incentivise the player with a signing on bonus, commensurate with the excess wages he would have received over the coming years.

I’m not saying United should or shouldn’t do that. I just don’t understand what would stop them from doing this.

OrcaFat

Three pushovers, you'd get destroyed by anyone with a bit of intensity.
As many have already said, this is not really true. I suspect you don’t really believe it either. The greater risk will be against low block teams who break at pace.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It just wouldn't be a true muppet saga without it going up and down like a YO-YO, on and off 100x and muppet suicides everywhere, until the big pay off.

This one's had it call. Get ready boys :drool:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
As many have already said, this is not really true. I suspect you don’t really believe it either. The greater risk will be against low block teams who break at pace.
I kind of do believe it though. Even if "anyone with a bit of.." was hyperbole, admitted. All three of them are mentally weak though, is my suspicion, doesn't sound like a good midfield mix at all to me.

AdNani

Hair of the dog always works for me. Obviously that’s dependant on you wanting to be drunk again, but hey it might help at tea time! :nervous:
never works like that for me, if ive been smashed the night before i could have 20 and be pretty sober.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The confidence has gone for getting him since it came clear Chelsea are interested. If it was only us after him then I’d say we’d get him but if it’s between them and us I think he chooses them.

Speako

Although obviously a dubious source, it’s interesting that Van Gaal may have started the window by keeping a player away from us, and end the window by helping to nail our number one transfer.

No way he’ll want De Jong warming the bench at Barca before the World Cup.

Judas

Open to offers
The confidence has gone for getting him since it came clear Chelsea are interested. If it was only us after him then I’d say we’d get him but if it’s between them and us I think he chooses them.
Bit of a weird thing to post after the flurry of stuff that has come out today really.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tell us you don’t obsessively read every page of this thread without telling us you don’t obsessively read every page of this thread.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I missed those! :lol:
edit - when I delete something, I then have to also delete posts where it's been quoted or it's pointless.
Yeah I know, its just funny I think. Not the best poem in this thread was it? Never understood the whole phallic/unzipping/masterbatory aspect of transfers on here. I enjoy a good signing as much as the next guy, but I for one won’t be fiddling with myself over it. :rolleyes: :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I kind of do believe it though. Even if "anyone with a bit of.." was hyperbole, admitted. All three of them are mentally weak though, is my suspicion, doesn't sound like a good midfield mix at all to me.
Even eriksen?
I mean admittedly rabiot is a bit of a crybaby while de jong seems to be the pretty boy type but to be honest I haven't seen anything from eriksen to suggest him being mentally weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.