g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fridge chutney

Regardless, finally some good news! I just hope that ETH gets ample time to implement his system, it will be a rocky road for the first six months.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Why delay the inevitable. Just leave Mikky behind to sort the packing and get to Carrington.
Nothing to pack - she may as well bin her Barca clobber.

Get her a voucher for mountain warehouse.

Rolaholic

Didn't they say a few weeks ago that he told them he wouldn't go to United?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If a single reliable English journo reports this, then we’ll move to odds on

Loony BoB

Didn't they say a few weeks ago that he told them he wouldn't go to United?
In the last week alone basically every possible angle has been covered - staying, going, to United, to Chelsea, committed, will take a pay cut, had a meeting with Barca, didn't have a meeting with Barca, etc etc.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
If he comes here, atleast he'll know we have no clue on how to push players out of the club....
I guess that's somehow positive.

OrcaFat

Stuff has been coming out all summer though? This should of been wrapped up ages ago.
Are you completely disconnected from reality? It has been obvious from the start that it wouldn’t and couldn’t be wrapped up ages ago.

Lynty

He was always open to coming here - it’s ridiculous to think we would have placed a bid and waited all this time, if he indicated otherwise.

Same game of poker has been playing out all summer -I honestly feel that if we pull this off, Murtough deserves some credit for holding firm when 90% of people would have moved on or given into Barca’s demands.

If he doesn’t come here, Murtough deserves all the criticism he gets for playing too high stakes in a crucial window.

For me, Malacia, Martinez, Rabiot and De Jong would be a good window for the fees we’ve paid and it being a new managers first window. Yes a striker and RB would have been great but I said before the window opened that anymore than 4 signings was overly optimistic.

I also think it would change the perception of the club and how we operate in transfer windows e.g no longer paying absurd fees, impatience and scatter gun approach. First step in changing how other clubs perceive us and stop them taking the piss whenever we open negotiations for one of their players (adding an extra £30m compared to City, Liverpool, Bayern etc.)

A lot rests on this De Jong transfer for me.

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
PLEASE GET THIS DONE! It would be my freaking dream to see Frenkie at UTD. Please snub Chelski Frenkie. UTD need you desperately.

OrcaFat

If he leaves it until the end of the window that will screw Barca‘s chances of getting Silva. Deliberate?
He wants them to cough up. They will delay it but will leave themselves enough time to sort out Silva. The later it gets the stronger FDJ’s position, I suppose.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
1st step - not starting today for Barca

2nd step - Some scruffy shit English journo reporting it

3rd step - Orny and/or Laurie get in the mix

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
The Chelsea rumours are dying down now... to the point where they're apparently looking for alternatives? I dunno if its true or not
They were always just baseless rumors. Tuchel said he didn’t need another midfielder. Normally I wouldn’t bat an eyelid at what a manager says regarding any transfer but he is literally fully involved this summer due to Marina and Cech leaving. If he says we weren’t actually interested you better believe we weren’t.

Whether Todd enquired about the situation himself is up for debate but no other rumor had any substance.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Won't mind if he isn't here in time for Liverpool, it would put way too much pressure on that performance. Let the first 3 games happen then have him in.

MF1138

Let's be honest, half this place was ready to commit hari kari over some tenuous links to Chelsea... The moment there are positive stories people are worried about the source again:wenger:

Most of the Spanish sources are printing a version of what Barcelona want out there, they aren't reliable at all but they do tend to give a sense of what Barcelona want people to believe.

the_cliff

Let's be honest, half this place was ready to commit hari kari over some tenuous links to Chelsea... The moment there are positive stories people are worried about the source again:wenger:

Most of the Spanish sources are printing a version of what Barcelona want out there, they aren't reliable at all but they do tend to give a sense of what Barcelona want people to believe.
Let's be completely honest, the journos that are saying he prefers Chelsea are a lot more reliable than Sport....

Status
Not open for further replies.