Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Hope we get Rabiot, a right sided forward (ideally on loan maybe Ziyech) and a RB
Ziyech would be a good signing. ETH would get the best out of him hopefully as he did at Ajax.

Im 50/50 on Rabiot, I think if we could get a proper DM in would be better but if not Rabiot could be a decent addition. Only problem is his mum could cause Pogba type problems.

A right sided full back would only happen when either Dialot or AWB leaves, which looks like it will be towards the end of the window.

All in all 3 signings in addition to FDJ and the others already being brought in would change the mood big time. Heres to a great season.

croadyman

Ziyech would be a good signing. ETH would get the best out of him hopefully as he did at Ajax.

Im 50/50 on Rabiot, I think if we could get a proper DM in would be better but if not Rabiot could be a decent addition. Only problem is his mum could cause Pogba type problems.

A right sided full back would only happen when either Dialot or AWB leaves, which looks like it will be towards the end of the window.

All in all 3 signings in addition to FDJ and the others already being brought in would change the mood big time. Heres to a great season.
See your point about a DM, however absolutely convinced Erik isn't going to play with one

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Just wait for one negative Tweet from whoever, he doesn’t need to be reliable. Boom. This place has a meltdown.
Such is the way. The muppet life is never straightforward, it's a bumpy, rough ride. Never as smooth as we'd like it to be haha!

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
See your point about a DM, however absolutely convinced Erik isn't going to play with one
I know he doesn't want to play with one but rather than using McT or Fred in that role a proper DM ala Kante would change the game for our midfield imo. Hate watching teams run straight through the middle of our team totally unchecked. Leads to too many goals/chances.

croadyman

I know he doesn't want to play with one but rather than using McT or Fred in that role a proper DM ala Kante would change the game for our midfield imo. Hate watching teams run straight through the middle of our team totally unchecked. Leads to too many goals/chances.
Yeah spot on, needs to be flexible on this

Longshanks

Its off, its on, its off, its on, its off,its on and so the cycle continues. Get ready muppets he's coming! (Until the next negative tweet that is)

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Need him and Rabiot in the team for Liverpool
Although I agree with you… rushing new players into a starting 11 could go wrong. Not to mention it being a very big game. They’ll have to adapt to the league and have plenty of training sessions with there new team mates.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Although I agree with you… rushing new players into a starting 11 could go wrong. Not to mention it being a very big game. They’ll have to adapt to the league and have plenty of training sessions with there new team mates.
I’d say that’s partly true, but surely the quality of the player also makes the difference because McFred have trained and played together for years and were just as shocking last game in comparison to their first.

Offsideagain

They absolutely do need to sell. Not about revenue but about squad cost cap. They cannot register all their shiny new players if something doesn’t give.

Shiny new players registered, Frenkie not sold as I type. Barca are now giving him the cold shoulder and the fans getting at him trying to force a move. This may work in our favour now that Barca have sold most of their assets, enough to register their shiny new players. I can see FDJ moving next week perhaps and then starting a legal action against Barca for his deferred wages. Whether he moves to us or Chelsea is unclear.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I’d say that’s partly true, but surely the quality of the player also makes the difference because McFred have trained and played together for years and were just as shocking last game in comparison to their first.
Plus he is familiar with the manager and his style of football and players deal with these same issues with the national team, especially the Netherlands where the lineup changes very often and they barely play together.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye 100% the quality will make a difference. Mctominay and Fred are just not very good players. Any of the new guys mainly rabiot will have to adapt to how ten Hag wants us to play. De Jong should settle quickly as he knows the manager and his demands.

OrcaFat

Yeah I get the sense ETH does not want a destroyer. Just 2 capable CMs.
Yes but ETH has expressly stated that he would not play FDJ as a 6 because he wants him to roam and “is away too often” to play 6. Possibly this implies he wants another player in there who can provide cover in the no6 area. Or, as you say, two capable CMs, meaning two clever, adaptable guys who can form an effective pair.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Yes but ETH has expressly stated that he would not play FDJ as a 6 because he wants him to roam and “is away too often” to play 6. Possibly this implies he wants another player in there who can provide cover in the no6 area. Or, as you say, two capable CMs, meaning two clever, adaptable guys who can form an effective pair.
This is exactly Rabiot's job

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
It’s easy to pass judgement from far away. If you speak to the average Muslim for example about Israel, brown the likelyhood is they will say something cnutish. Anyway, we both agree it was a cnutish thing to do and he’s not signing anyway. Ask if Balotelli thinks he racist, he’s one of Arnautovic’s best mates. So maybe he’s a cnut, but not a racist one.
Typical racist argument. Oh I have a black friend so I’m not racist. News flash: you still can be.

RoyH1

We do muppetry so incredibly well :lol:
From agony to ecstasy in just a couple of tweets from dubious foreign sources

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
If they’re good enough to pay the big bucks for then they go straight into the team, Liverpool will eat McFred without salt.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Why is everyone confident about this now? I can't find the relevant news with all the de Jong masturbation

Edit - Oh, it's down to a shite Sport article and pure untreated muppetry, I see

Status
Not open for further replies.