Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

redshaw

He's missed a full week of 30 degree clear sky weather in Manchester. Next weeks forecast not so good.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
1st step - not starting today for Barca

2nd step - Some scruffy shit English journo reporting it

3rd step - Orny and/or Laurie get in the mix
Convincing win away at Brentford as well and all the pain of 1500 pages erased.

Syphon Wallet

Facepalm at this latest narrative, it looks like absolute garbage clickbait.
Expect another shift in 1-2 days

TheReligion

Abusive

TheReligion

Abusive
Let's be completely honest, the journos that are saying he prefers Chelsea are a lot more reliable than Sport....
The most reliable is Van der Kraan who has been adamant from day one United have agreements with the club and agent. Not only that but the player is happy to go to United and work with EtH…

avgp_1

He wants to come. Don't mind the wait until deadline day as long as he does, it's a signing that will transform the way ETH gets this team to play

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Seems to me that the mood is starting to shift with de Jong now. He knows that the end is near. Find it confusing how Chelsea has just vanished today though, what's happened there I wonder
Nothing happened. In pretty much all the articles about Chelsea there were hints that it wasn't close for them, either because they aren't that interested or the player isn't. Things could quickly change but the only reason Chelsea were talked by some papers as favorite was due to the lack of CL in 22-23 for United.

TheReligion

Abusive
Seems to me that the mood is starting to shift with de Jong now. He knows that the end is near. Find it confusing how Chelsea has just vanished today though, what's happened there I wonder
Nothing happened. In pretty much all the articles about Chelsea there were hints that it wasn't close for them, either because they aren't that interested or the player isn't. Things could quickly change but the only reason Chelsea were talked by some papers as favorite was due to the lack of CL in 22-23 for United.
Agree with JP.

It seems Chelsea were being pushed as his preference due to CL football and that may still be the case but when you look at what we actually know they are nowhere near with the club or agent. It also seems that they’ve had zero encouragement from the player.

Whilst some have suggested he won’t go to United we have to remember the club have remained confident in this deal quite openly for a long time now.

It remains to be seen how this unfolds, or even if he does leave, but it feels that whilst United don’t have CL football they have put a lot of work in to the deal and made him feel extremely valued. Something very much lacking at Barca.

This may prove quite important.

Indy_Red

We are now back into favourites on betting odds (just a loose indicator) but this is the first real positive stuff in weeks

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sport need to be arrested for emotional abuse if this turns out to be another false dawn in the FDJ saga

red thru&thru

I always thought this one would get done. I just hoped other sources, other than the Sport, would have spoken about it today.

But Van der Kraan is quite reliable, and he's spoken about this transfer over the past few days. So all good.

Choo-choo!

Someone

Something
He can afford to stand firm even if they manage to register everyone. He could move on the last day of the transfer window, but it'll complicate the Bernardo Silva deal. It's on Barca to pay him and get it over with. Honestly in a way I do respect his stance.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Things would have to move at rapid rate next week for that to be even remote possibility, one thing he has had is a proper pre season albeit playing at CB for some of it.
Yeah , working visa and all that could certainly take a while.
You Normally wouldn't want to immediately start your new players but seeing the current state of our midfield i doubt we're not throwing him in at the first opportunity.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Didn't they say a few weeks ago that he told them he wouldn't go to United?
They did, he'd told his teammates he wanted to join Chelsea, not Utd, this is because they're a terrible source. If Mundo and Relevo start reporting it, might be something in it. Sport are like Daily star

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They did, he'd told his teammates he wanted to join Chelsea, not Utd, this is because they're a terrible source. If Mundo and Relevo start reporting it, might be something in it. Sport are like Daily star
Absolutely none of the papers know whats going on i think... hence why i don't really believe much of whats written unless it's from those we deem very reliable (Ornstein etc)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's only because they've dramatically changed their stance. They didn't even acknowledge us as a destination for weeks, so this is positive.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Absolutely none of the papers know whats going on i think... hence why i don't really believe much of whats written unless it's from those we deem very reliable (Ornstein etc)
Some probably have an idea. But I bet if you went through Sport's last 10 reports re. FDJ, they'd be all contradictory. And they reference van de Kraan in their stories, its becoming a load of waffle, and quickly

Here is an example of Sport's awesome reporting Utd are going to try make the best offer to Barca and FDJ. Thought you'd already sorted all that?

Last edited:

NLunited

BS reporting so don‘t unzip yet. More clickbait. Next is: Frenkie wants to stay and is agreeing to a wage cut. Also bs.

TheReligion

Abusive
Some probably have an idea. But I bet if you went through Sport's last 10 reports re. FDJ, they'd be all contradictory. And they reference van de Kraan in their stories, its becoming a load of waffle, and quickly

Here is an example of Sport's awesome reporting Utd are going to try make the best offer to Barca and FDJ. Thought you'd already sorted all that?
The offer is likely involving the wages.

Van der Kraan is reliable and has been very consistent throughout this.

Adamsk7

I was off the train for so long but I am pleased to inform you all that I have purchased a ticket and I am heading towards the station to catch the muppet express as I type

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was off the train for so long but I am pleased to inform you all that I have purchased a ticket and I am heading towards the station to catch the muppet express as I type
No one is allowed to jump back on after being kicked off. @Berbaclass is a ruthless conductor so you have no chance of climbing aboard. You should have climbed through the sewage outtake back into the cargo hold like I did. fecker won't find me before we arrive at Frenkie Station.

In other news I found Weaste's skeleton in here tracing his knob bone.

Status
Not open for further replies.