Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Haven't been in here since this morning. Have Liverpool decided to pay his deferred wages now then?

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

They are in massive need of a midfielder to be fair...
Not sure how they're going to get the money for him
Seems like a random link because they need mids.

Fabinho does fine as a single pivot and Klopp has to change his system again to move him to a double pivot if frenkie moves.

They don't have a proper #10 so that will remain vacant

Thiago won't warm the bench.

What they want is a creative runner like Bellingham not a guy who progresses the ball like frenkie
I know it's several pages back, but just to clear this up, this is Mundo Deportivo quoting The Sun, which is quoting Futbol Total, which is quoting the Liverpool fan account...

This is another good reminder to always check the sources before sharing/reacting to the news.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Or they offload a few players like Depay, aubameyang etc so they can register Kounde and keep de Jong, at least for now?
Not as simple as registration. It’s about their ‘salary structure’. A structure which has seen club legends fall in line, incoming Balon’Dor winner fall in line. De Jong would be by far the highest paid at the club if he stays. That can’t be the plan for them.

I think what will likely happen is a reduced contract agreed, but if not, I still expect him to move, and if done last minute, my expectation would be a loan deal where, if the contract can’t be changed, it will be picked up by us instead. Especially if Ronaldo goes.

Santos J

I’m not gonna register for your funny paper. Does it say anything other than him being confirmed as registered?

I think there’s this CM Barça is trying to get rid of
It says they were able to register him by reducing some add ons in current players contracts

worldinmotion66

Not as simple as registration. It’s about their ‘salary structure’. A structure which has seen club legends fall in line, incoming Balon’Dor winner fall in line. De Jong would be by far the highest paid at the club if he stays. That can’t be the plan for them.

I think what will likely happen is a reduced contract agreed, but if not, I still expect him to move, and if done last minute, my expectation would be a loan deal where, if the contract can’t be changed, it will be picked up by us instead. Especially if Ronaldo goes.
They aren't in a position to change his contract if he doesn't want to, structure or not. If he wants to stay there on his current wage, there's absolutely nothing that they can do.

OrcaFat

They aren't in a position to change his contract if he doesn't want to, structure or not. If he wants to stay there on his current wage, there's absolutely nothing that they can do.
That’s true they can’t change his contract and I’m sure he won’t want to either.

But they can make his life a bit miserable by briefing against him all the time and benching him. It would make them look very stupid but, assuming they still want rid of him, they can’t let him have it easy- they have to make it unpleasant so that the idea of leaving seems more attractive to him.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Romero says what Laporta wants him to say, Laporta uses him to control the media and appease Barcelona supporters, hence the claim that "Frenkie either reduces his salary or leaves" despite FdJ having a contract with them that suggests otherwise.

Teja

Romero says what Laporta wants him to say, Laporta uses him to control the media and appease Barcelona supporters, hence the claim that "Frenkie either reduces his salary or leaves" despite FdJ having a contract with them that suggests otherwise.
Yeah his legitimacy is in tatters as a result of this saga. Don't think he should be tier-1 anymore. He had no idea what was happening.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Romero is more of a mouthpiece than an actual journalist.

Also they seem to have registered kounde without any lay offs or wage reductions due to a "supposed" accounting mistake by la liga.

Ridiculous what they can get away with.

DarkXaero

Whatever the case, FDJ is not coming here this window, despite Barca doing everything possible to push him out. Never have I seen a player trying this hard to stay at a club that doesn't want him.

croadyman

Whatever the case, FDJ is not coming here this window, despite Barca doing everything possible to push him out. Never have I seen a player trying this hard to stay at a club that doesn't want him.
Yeah clearly not made of strong enough stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.