Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Get Asensio (loan) cheap RB and put Antony money into FDJ, this is the guy Erik wants so make him an offer too good to refuse.

DavelinaJolie

I've been wondering for a while if Barca really just want the wage reduction, and have no intention of actually selling and this has all been done to put pressure on De Jong to do it.

YankManc

Doesn’t look like it’s happening, which is a shame. However, through this process we learned that FDJ is a beta, allowing Barcelona to manipulate his wages all the while burying him on the bench and slowing ruining his career. If our pursuit isn’t blatantly showcasing our desire to make him an integral part of our team, and yet he is turning us down, then we need to move on and never pursue him again because he’s wasting the club’s time and not the mentality we need here. We need players that are dying to be a part of the next winning chapter of this club. No more di Maria crybabies and Ronaldo divas.

joedirt87

At this point I'm banking on some guy on Twitter called l'architetto who claims that the deal will be 100% completed by the 31st on the account that he's close to HCM Sports Management. :lol:

You cant forget the other 2 parts to this holy transfer triumvirate David Kent and Mick Ruby.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Doesn’t look like it’s happening, which is a shame. However, through this process we learned that FDJ is a beta, allowing Barcelona to manipulate his wages all the while burying him on the bench and slowing ruining his career. If our pursuit isn’t blatantly showcasing our desire to make him an integral part of our team, and yet he is turning us down, then we need to move on and never pursue him again because he’s wasting the club’s time and not the mentality we need here. We need players that are dying to be a part of the next winning chapter of this club. No more di Maria crybabies and Ronaldo divas.
Totally agree and said as much. If he doesn't want to come then let him be.

acolyte

What language is that. Looks like caveman drawings. Are we as a species evolving to the point that we have regressed into being cave person.
I think it's a rebus. I was totally into them when I was 8 years old.

worldinmotion66

That’s true they can’t change his contract and I’m sure he won’t want to either.

But they can make his life a bit miserable by briefing against him all the time and benching him. It would make them look very stupid but, assuming they still want rid of him, they can’t let him have it easy- they have to make it unpleasant so that the idea of leaving seems more attractive to him.
But they also have to make sure he retains his value - he's an asset to them. It's all well and good dragging his name through the dirt, but everyone except their imbecilic fans can see that Barcelona are a joke of a club right now. They've been completely mismanaged and continue to be.

worldinmotion66

All this talk of de Jong being weak is absolutely ridiculous. He's shown a strength of character to dig his heels in and demand what he's owed be paid. I think that shows morality and courage, especially in the face of potential legal loopholes and a media campaign that's painting him out to be a bad guy to his club's fans.

Barca have publicly demanded he reduce his salary or leave. And so far, he's yet to relent. That is strength, not weakness.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
How is he beta? He just wants his fecking money.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
All this talk of de Jong being weak is absolutely ridiculous. He's shown a strength of character to dig his heels in and demand what he's owed be paid. I think that shows morality and courage, especially in the face of potential legal loopholes and a media campaign that's painting him out to be a bad guy to his club's fans.

Barca have publicly demanded he reduce his salary or leave. And so far, he's yet to relent. That is strength, not weakness.
Agreed. You would have to be an immature, deluded fan to think he is weak.

Charlie Foley

I stopped reading after beta

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Huh? He's literally done the exact opposite so far. Absolutely refused to budge while they try desperately to get him to forget the wages that they've scammed from him (either by him leaving without getting the wages or by signing a new much smaller contract). They've pretty much done everything but thrown the kitchen sink at him and he hasn't budged.

YankManc

Huh? He's literally done the exact opposite so far. Absolutely refused to budge while they try desperately to get him to forget the wages that they've scammed from him (either by him leaving without getting the wages or by signing a new much smaller contract). They've pretty much done everything but thrown the kitchen sink at him and he hasn't budged.
According to BRFootball/Diario Sport: “FDJ has decided to remain at Barcelona and will open talks to reduce or defer his salary.” That’s the news I saw before writing. There’s been conflicting reports every which way to Sunday on this so it could be wrong or lost in translation but if this is true, I stand by my post (though I guess beta is too strong of a word for some, will know for next time).

MIC_FIN

Supports
United Away Games
Shambles, edited as I'm not sure it's actually viable within todays PR, and stuff...

Thank nobody it wasn't quoted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.