Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

Sport reports that he is in the process of renegotiating his contract and take a wage cut.
https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/jong-pactando-continuidad-barca-14354153

If that turns out to be the case I have to ask, how the hell do Barcelona convince their players to constantly give up money and take wage cuts? I can't think of any other club where this would work - maybe Juve when they were relegated is comparable, but only just about.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Sport reports that he is in the process of renegotiating his contract and take a wage cut.

If that turns out to be the case I have to ask, how the hell do Barcelona convince their players to constantly give up money and take wage cuts? I can't think of any other club where this would work - maybe Juve when they were relegated is comparable, but only just about.
This is a mystery for the ages, yeah. Absolutely no idea how they do it

AlexUTD

Brainwashed..they treated him and other players like shit this summer and still the players sticking to this circus of a club with a uncertain future.

Someone

Something
Won't make sense if he takes a wage cut. He could've done this earlier and looked a hero without all the noise.

croadyman

Yeah this team are something else so wasted all summer on him and now no time to find a progressive CM

Hawks2008

If he's happy to stay and take a pay cut after everything barca have done then we're better off without him. We have enough weak-willed players.

dove

If he's happy to stay and take a pay cut after everything barca have done then we're better off without him. We have enough weak-willed players.
Or he is just really happy and settled in Barcelona/Spain and just doesn't fancy moving to England. People tend to forget that footballers are human beings too.

Ricardo de la Vega

Sport reports that he is about to renegotiate his contract and take a wage cut.

Because they are "mas que un club" ?? Its fecking ridiculous. Why would anyone sign a contract there knowing it wont be respected?

Laurencio

I just can't see him taking a wage cut, why do that it doesn't make any sense.
Me neither, but honestly after all the antics Barca pull off, it wouldn't surprise me. Best case he is hearing them out before realising that he will make a ton more with us, and sign on the last day.

Sviken

Or he is just really happy and settled in Barcelona/Spain and just doesn't fancy moving to England. People tend to forget that footballers are human beings too.
If you're content with being treated like a piece of trash, then you are pretty weak-willed regardless of how "settled" you are. I agree that Frenkie is really not the type of player we should be going for. We need winners and strongly motivated individuals, not losers.

dove

If you're content with being treated like a piece of trash, then you are pretty weak-willed regardless of how "settled" you are. I agree that Frenkie is really not the type of player we should be going for. We need winners and strongly motivated individuals, not losers.
Of course he is not a type of player we should be going for, it has been obvious entire summer that he just doesn't want to come. The fact that we have spent entire summer chasing him is ridiculous. We have learn't absolutely nothing from our past mistakes and are wasting time on players like De Jong instead of putting effort in getting players who really want to join.

Houdini

Of course he is not a type of player we should be going for, it has been obvious entire summer that he just doesn't want to come. The fact that we have spent entire summer chasing him is ridiculous. We have learn't absolutely nothing from our past mistakes and are wasting time on players like De Jong instead of putting effort in getting players who really want to join.
Like Antony?

croadyman

Well why give Erik encouragement that's the thing that has really hacked me off about this saga, along with the time wasted which we could have spent on signing a progressive CM who actually wanted to join this club.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I think we'll go into panic mode and try hard to at least get one of our two targets (either Antony or de jong) so let's see what happens .

Maybe a loss tomorrow will do us good, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

croadyman

I think we'll go into panic mode and try hard to at least get one of our two targets (either Antony or de jong) so let's see what happens .

Maybe a loss tomorrow will do us good, but I hope it doesn't come to that.
Yeah we shouldn't need dropped points to see action from our leeching owners

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah we shouldn't need dropped points to see action from our leeching owners
That's where we are unfortunate.

Best case scenario is us not having to deal with such cases a year from now, with them lot preferably being gone.

RedMilo

Liverpool want him now apparently :rolleyes:

It will be the ultimate piss take if he ends up going from the beaches of Barcelona to the feckin scousers..

croadyman

Liverpool want him now apparently :rolleyes:

It will be the ultimate piss take if he ends up going from the beaches of Barcelona to the feckin scousers..
Totally unforgivable, surely if there was anything in this Utd would do whatever it takes to blow them out of the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.