Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Could see the Liverpool link coming a mile off after all the “we need a midfielder” talk. Klopp would absolutely love this as well he’s probably pushing hard for it. He hates us.

Devilyouknow

Hmm if Manchester is a far cry from Barcelona, that wretched hive of scum and villainy Liverpool must surely be far worse.

the_cliff

If FDJ decides to stay at Barca this season. I hope we never attempt to bring him in again.

Staying at Barca and accepting a pay cut despite the shit they put him through this summer is some weird behaviour. No cojones, not the type of players we need despite his technical ability.

croadyman

If FDJ decides to stay at Barca this season. I hope we never attempt to bring him in again.

Staying at Barca and accepting a pay cut despite the shit they put him through this summer is some weird behaviour. No cojones, not the type of players we need despite his technical ability.
Wouldn't be surprised if he's still on full wages despite what Romero is suggesting about paycut

avgp_1

I don't know why we aren't thinking about it. He ticks all the right boxes for what we need.
The money involved doesn't make me think you'll go after him. Further, I don't think it's happening cause Barca are not getting Bernardo.

He'll stay and may even reduce his salary, because the first team spot is there for him to grab. Gavi isn't better than him or atleast isn't ready for that role yet.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He'll not leave Barcelona, and if he will, we'll blow you out of the water with obscene wages. At least that's what I'd be expecting
The money involved doesn't make me think you'll go after him. Further, I don't think it's happening cause Barca are not getting Bernardo.

He'll stay and may even reduce his salary, because the first team spot is there for him to grab. Gavi isn't better than him or atleast isn't ready for that role yet.
Yeah I've just seen the salary figures being mentioned. It's in Salah territory which rules us out.

croadyman

Reducing salary is mental considering how they treated him, however wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he offers to do it at all.

Nights

Wouldn't be surprised if he's still on full wages despite what Romero is suggesting about paycut
I agree. Romero’s been Laporta’s mouthpiece the entire transfer window. There’s no reason for FDJ to accept another paycut after his previous deferral; he holds the power here.

croadyman

Does make you wonder if he'd have been so eager to snub Erik's Utd project had we not ended up outside of top 4.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I have to ask..

Why you here then?
Croadyman is redcafes very own Neil the hippy or Eeyore. He’s part of the furniture really, just hanging around being gloomy about stuff and occasionally getting excited about a development only to go back to gloomy again. I’m sure he’ll be buzzing when FDJ signs next week. Leave him be.

TheReligion

Abusive
Croadyman is redcafes very own Neil the hippy or Eeyore. He’s part of the furniture really, just hanging around being gloomy about stuff and occasionally getting excited about a development only to go back to gloomy again. I’m sure he’ll be buzzing when FDJ signs next week. Leave him be.
:lol:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I agree. Romero’s been Laporta’s mouthpiece the entire transfer window. There’s no reason for FDJ to accept another paycut after his previous deferral; he holds the power here.
Would be a bit daft of him to accept a pay cut now after refusing for so long. Why not just accept it sooner and have the whole debacle finished

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Would be a bit daft of him to accept a pay cut now after refusing for so long. Why not just accept it sooner and have the whole debacle finished
Pretty much, if he has the balls for it he could pull a Gareth bale and just tell barca to deal with it.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Well, given he is ready to give up any sort of self respect to play for Barcelona, a club that threatened to take him to court, a club whose fans abused him.. it's not that hard to believe that he will do it.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well, given he is ready to give up any sort of self respect to play for Barcelona, a club that threatened to take him to court, a club whose fans abused him.. it's not that hard to believe that he will do it.
You know, put like that, then yeah i can see him taking the pay cut. Sad fact is i bet Barca try it again with him and get him to take another pay cut next season

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You’d have to pay him more than Salah?

Basically you can’t afford him.

Edit, think you’ve seen it now
It's 350k a week right? We just sold Mane because we couldn't pay both Salah and him that figure so yeah, non starter.
Aren't you guys going big for Bellingham next summer?
Yeah but I'm not really keen on that and I've seen Madrid are now interested.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Could see the Liverpool link coming a mile off after all the “we need a midfielder” talk. Klopp would absolutely love this as well he’s probably pushing hard for it. He hates us.
To actually believe that Klopp would sign a player to spite you is rather delusionally self-centered.

Status
Not open for further replies.