Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedOrange

Any way to verify this? Was Eriksen done the same way? Is that why his medical seemed to take a fortnight?!!
Eriksen very famously had a cardiac arrest on the pitch during the 2nd most watched football tournament in the world, which is probably why his medical took so long.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It seems he is staying for non football reasons. He is looking at a season on the bench which is a shame.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This last point is the big one for me. If we're being honest, how many players in the past decade can say that moving to or staying at our club has been good for the career? Sure, he's got his ex-manager here now and we can certainly pay him as much as anyone else but other than that, we don't have much to offer a player of his quality.
In all honesty it has been quite the opposite for a lot of high profile players that have been in Manchester United. Then there's also the problem that a lot of the times this players are bought for a lot of money with some insane wages, thus when they become a failure it becomes hard to move them on or the club refuses to cut their losses. That's why I think someone like Haaland introduced a buy out clause to prevent him being stuck in a club if things didn't go well for him.

Frenkie De Jong has been treated like shit but Barcelona have been investing heavily in the team and currently looks like a stronger team than Manchester United with a very ambitious board in charge.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Has there not been any protests from Barca fans over the summer? Very cheerful looking atmosphere in the stadium.

I would've thought a more logical reaction to what's happening at their club would be oh I don't know.. protesting, freaking the feck out, having an existential crisis

croadyman

Has there not been any protests from Barca fans over the summer? Very cheerful looking atmosphere in the stadium.

I would've thought a more logical reaction to what's happening at their club would be oh I don't know.. protesting, freaking the feck out, having an existential crisis
They are brainwashed

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

They think Laporta is god delivering them to the promised land. They refuse to recognise the long term financial feckers the club faces, but it’s ok because they have Lewandowski!

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

They aren't football supporters, they are **** members.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If its not fdj United need a partner for casemiro to progress the ball ASAP. Not sure who that is though

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I don’t understand why the narrative around this deal has changed. As far as I have seen Barca still owe FDJ 17m so why is it suddenly his and Mikki’s doing that he doesn’t want to move?
Because with the way United are throwing money around, it would seem a no-brainer they’d sort whatever needs sorting (by whatever means necessary) to get this over the line, which lends credence to it being on the player that nothing’s a go.

croadyman

I don’t understand why the narrative around this deal has changed. As far as I have seen Barca still owe FDJ 17m so why is it suddenly his and Mikki’s doing that he doesn’t want to move?
Because thought if he actually wanted the move bad enough he would push for a resolution

kaku06

Vulgarian
Yeah that's the part I am struggling with, anyone feel free to suggest some names
For the price, availability, age, quality and premier league adaptability, Tielemens has to be the best option. Not like for like to de Jong as I think Frenkie is far the better player but Tielemens is a very good player who can play alongside Casemiro and is far superior to mcfred and any other options available right now.

croadyman

For the price, availability, age, quality and premier league adaptability, Tielemens has to be the best option. Not like for like to de Jong as I think Frenkie is far the better player but Tielemens is a very good player who can play alongside Casemiro and is far superior to mcfred and any other options available right now.
Not Neves then

Giggsyking

Maybe because of the news that he caved and accepted to lower his wages to sit on the bench and enjoy sunny Barcelona?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Because with the way United are throwing money around, it would seem a no-brainer they’d sort whatever needs sorting (by whatever means necessary) to get this over the line, which lends credence to it being on the player that nothing’s a go.
It was reported Frenkie and Dursun want their money from Barca. They want Barca to pay- nothing has changed in that regard. As soon as they pay him I still feel he would move. Just depends if we are still first in the queue, or even in the queue at all.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He doesn't seem happy to be honest looks flustered, let's see what happens in the next few days.

Him looking miserable and liking that Casemiro insta post are my last bastions of hope to be honest, I know rather tenuous.

If its gonna lead anywhere we should get news of it soon.

croadyman

He doesn't seem happy to be honest looks flustered, let's see what happens in the next few days.

Him looking miserable and liking that Casemiro insta post are my last bastions of hope to be honest, I know rather tenuous.

If its gonna lead anywhere we should get news of it soon.
Just gotta hope he's more open next summer if we can get ourselves back into UCL

Redcy

Have you not been watching him ? Think you remember the guy from a few years ago. Has been utter dog shot for some time. Tielemans would be a shit signing.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Not Neves then
You are right, Neves is another one. I like him a lot too. Neves is a bit more on the defensive side and is better at deep lying position, spreads the play from there and can pick a pass from deep. Tielemans is more of a true CM , better at progressing the play from central midfield position and plays further up the pitch than Neves, arrives in and around the box more.

Their roles are slightly different but both have good vision. However, Neves would cost around £ 50-60m right now minimum. Tielemans in the last year of his contract is available for half of that. Any which way I think we need Tielemans more than Neves after the arrival of Casemiro.

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
I still don't know where he plays in this system. In games like that, 3-0 up at home, he's fine at DM but against the big boys he's going to leave the defense totally exposed with his runs upfield. In the 433 Gavi just looks a better fit although he still isn't ready imo and of course, this type of football.. Bernardo fits like a glove. I rate him (Frenkie) but on merit, he doesn't really start in this team right now.

Would of been best for all parties if he'd left earlier in the summer to United. Barca get Bernardo and everyone is happy. I can't blame him for wanting to stay, especially seeing the new Barca project plus being settled but sometimes players just don't fit.

Redcy

Don’t care, tielemans would be another tragic waste of money. The sight of him being dispossessed and lazily walk back would enrage united fans more than mcFred. Why waste 25-30m and a five year contract? Honestly not better than Fred or arguably mctominay , maybe a tiny upgrade on mct.

Redcy

Not Neves then
Even worse for the money wanted. Better player than Tielemans obviously but do we need a deep lying playmaker? A player whose main existence has been staying behind the halfway line. Gets a good goal and everyone thinks he is prime xavi again.

Status
Not open for further replies.