• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Agree with this.

This is a very poor post that equates not doing what some random poster wants with weakness of character. Just like those posters who criticised Messi for not leaving Barcelona to prove to them that he actually can do it on a cold and rainy night in Stoke.

If anything, from De Jong's point of view he has faced an enormous pressure to leave the club that he loves or, at least, to give up the money that he had already earned and he stood his ground and didn't back down.

Is it hurtful that he decided to ignore United in a situation where he seemingly had no other choice than to pick us? Yeah. But stop it with De Jong is mentally weak/controlled by his girlfriend/wishes to live an easy and non-challenging life etc., please.

podurban2

This is a very poor post that equates not doing what some random poster wants with weakness of character. Just like those posters who criticised Messi for not leaving Barcelona to prove to them that he actually can do it on a cold and rainy night in Stoke.

If anything, from De Jong's point of view he has faced an enormous pressure to leave the club that he loves or, at least, to give up the money that he had already earned and he stood his ground and didn't back down.

Is it hurtful that he decided to ignore United in a situation where he seemingly had no other choice than to pick us? Yeah. But stop it with De Jong is mentally weak/controlled by his girlfriend/wishes to live an easy and non-challenging life etc., please.
The post does not make sense, if he believed in his abilities he would stay at his dream club to fight for a starting spot.

croadyman

Well, it took up most of the summer, and yes we've rushed some late business through, but you can't help but be disappointed when it his signing looked more than possible.

To quote the great Morpheus...

"I Have Dreamed A Dream, But Now That Dream Is Gone From Me."
We couldn't have done more to persuade him, apart from not feck up Champions League

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I’d say Martinez and Antony were desperate to follow ETH more so than Manchester United…but I’m just happy they are here whatever the reason.

FDJ is a very unique situation and I don’t think any of us would walk away from a job that owed us 17 million.
But there are barca fans here arguing that not everyone wants 5 houses and yachts!

AlexUTD

Barca has done everything to push Frenkie out,anyone with strong character or with some self respect would have left.

If my job acted like that towards me i would be out the door quick.

We got players in that wanted to be here and fought to be here wich fills me with confidence.

Last time we were a forced alternative we got Di Maria,saw how that panned out..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think people are maybe too quick to conclude what the facts are here. We still don't know. In any case, 3 days to get this done :D

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He'd be forgotten and playing for rangers or some other club where the sun don't shine for 300+ days after a year or two.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Barca has done everything to push Frenkie out,anyone with strong character or with some self respect would have left.
What’s the definition of strong character then, is it to give up when pushed? I may need a new thesaurus.

AlexUTD

What’s the definition of strong character then, is it to give up when pushed? I may need a new thesaurus.
Strong character is to push through when it gets hard and never give up wich is a good trait, Barca have disrespected Frenkie all summer and he stood firm.

But strong character also means that you have some self worth and go and prove people wrong that wronged you.

In my world that means go and become a monster where you are wanted.

Guess we see it differently.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It's still very costly for him don't you think? Not playing regular football comes at a heavy price, specially in a WC year. Also a lot could change in a year, he has a massive offer now, maybe next year it won't be there.

Initially I thought they'd bench him to push him out, but it really seems that he doesn't fit the current system they're playing, so even in a world where he agrees a pay cut, he still won't be getting regular football.

I understand that Barca are trying to feck him over, but I feel he'll end up losing much more by staying.
He is playing football, I think 18m euros is quite obviously not something you can just walk away from.

El-Manos

Does anybody still want him to come at this point? He seems a bit silly. He will be forgotten about in a couple of years; warming the Barcelona bench.

croadyman

Does anybody still want him to come at this point? He seems a bit silly. He will be forgotten about in a couple of years; warming the Barcelona bench.
Yeah because class player and we don't understand all of what's going on with it

El-Manos

Yeah because class player and we don't understand all of what's going on with it
All reports agree on one thing though: he does not want to leave Barcelona. Considering how they have treated him, it’s a bit mad. Anyway we will know for certain in 3 days but this is only going one way in my opinion.

tbtt

WUM
He is playing football, I think 18m euros is quite obviously not something you can just walk away from.
That 17m could be career-ending ransom. If he were still ambitious and hungry, he would cut losses now and aim for even bigger contracts in the future.

croadyman

All reports agree on one thing though: he does not want to leave Barcelona. Considering how they have treated him, it’s a bit mad. Anyway we will know for certain in 3 days but this is only going one way in my opinion.
Oh I meant we may go back come January

peridigm

Reports and what is actually going on in the players head are most likely, two different things. He knows he’s not wanted. The fans have turned on him. The money is the big factor at play. If you were in his shoes, would you let Barca off the hook after the way they have played this out? I certainly wouldn’t. Especially if I knew I could walk into a lot of other teams. He knows the door is open for him to join United. I still think we could see a shock before the window closes. The only thing certain now is that Barca are an absolute shit show of a club.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
That 17m could be career-ending ransom. If he were still ambitious and hungry, he would cut losses now and aim for even bigger contracts in the future.
Career ending ha.

Redlyn

I hope it gets sorted out and he comes here eventually. His skillset is special.

worldinmotion66

Spot on. FdJ and his gf can feck off.

He'll stay at a club where he's treated like shit and fade into obscurity wondering "what if".
No he won't. He'll always have suitors because he's a top player. He'll move when he wants to move
Agree with this.

Absolute bs, written to a chosen narrative. I could easily argue with pretty much every signing we've made that they chose us because we offer more money. We don't know why casemiro wanted to join us, but I think starting the season on the bench may have influenced his thinking.

Personally, I actually do think we've bought some steely characters, but we don't really know that yet. I also don't think de Jong is any less of a fighter than those players. Maybe he backs himself to get back in that team? Maybe he has the bollocks to fight for what he's owed?

There seem to be a lot of bitter fans that are deflecting their disappointment towards de Jong. We don't know what he's thinking, what he has communicated to our club privately, or why he would want to still be there. He probably doesn't.

He's still a very good player that would have massively improved us, and that we'd have been really lucky to sign.

croadyman

No he won't. He'll always have suitors because he's a top player. He'll move when he wants to move

Absolute bs, written to a chosen narrative. I could easily argue with pretty much every signing we've made that they chose us because we offer more money. We don't know why casemiro wanted to join us, but I think starting the season on the bench may have influenced his thinking.

Personally, I actually do think we've bought some steely characters, but we don't really know that yet. I also don't think de Jong is any less of a fighter than those players. Maybe he backs himself to get back in that team? Maybe he has the bollocks to fight for what he's owed?

There seem to be a lot of bitter fans that are deflecting their disappointment towards de Jong. We don't know what he's thinking, what he has communicated to our club privately, or why he would want to still be there. He probably doesn't.

He's still a very good player that would have massively improved us, and that we'd have been really lucky to sign.
Hopefully it's the fight for what he's owed, certainly don't want him getting back in the team

DutchCruijff

What I'm more angry about is why we chased after this guy and didn't go for another CM.

We still haven't been linked to another ball playing CM.

Come on, man.

Fernandes has been playing poorly and Eriksen has been getting gassed quickly. One injury to Eriksen and we're back to McTominay ffs.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
What I'm more angry about is why we chased after this guy and didn't go for another CM.

Come on, man.

Fernandes has been playing poorly and Eriksen has been getting gassed quickly. One injury to Eriksen and we're back to McTominay ffs.
You're acting like we haven't signed casemiro. Not the same type of midfielder, but makes us a lot better in the middle.

croadyman

Come on, man.

Think Erik genuinely only wants him and believes once wage issue is sorted combined with us getting Champions League he can lure him then

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Clearly he isn't coming to us, but I don't think he is going anywhere at all.

He's been playing with Barca, since the start of the season, and apparently really wants to be there–he will suck it up, with his tails between his legs, and just take the paycut. Barca Stockholm syndrome.

Come on, man.

I doubt it. With Casemiro in, when Eriksen is out, my bet is that we will see Casemiro-Fred pair. Not too bad.

NewGlory

If we sign him can we agree this is the best transfer window ever?
Only if you judge by quality of players added, but if you judge by execution:

1. We haven't been able to sold a lot of deadwood
2. Many sellable players left for free
3. The rest of sellable players went on loan, instead of actually bringing in money
4. We are signing players at the last second and paid double for Antony
5. Our signing targets are only based on who EtH knows. What do we have recruitment for? Negotiations is clearly not it, neither is research.

In any normal club, Murtough and recruiting team would be fired after a window like this.

Tweek

I still believe we had/have some sort of agreement with FDJ and the only reason he isn't here is because of the money Barca have pushed into the later years of his contract. That is essentially payment for football he has already played... there has been all sorts of stories about tax implications and the legalities of his contract so it cannot be easy to sort out. I just don't buy the whole 'he never wanted to come' line. There is something going on between Barca and FDJ that isn't in the public domain.

I think United know what is going on, hence Barca saying we have behaved well for our part in this saga a while back. I think that was a comment about us not shit-stirring in the press despite being fully aware of what was going on behind the scenes. I said weeks and weeks ago that if FDJ doesn't sign for us, it will be because his agent couldn't find a route out of Barca that did not affect the money he is owed. I still stand by that.

Anyone claiming his fiancé is behind this needs to just think about that statement for a moment. She is forcing him to stay in Barca because she loves the city and cannot bear to leave? So what is their long-term plan? After seeing how Barca have behaved towards him during this window, are they hoping he will stay now, sign at least more two more long contracts with them over the next ten years, and then retire there?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

That was a horrific post that was delusional as feck.

It’s easy to say you’ll give up 17m when it’s not your money. If FDJ wanted to take the easy way out, he would have just signed for us and got us to pay a higher sign on bonus.

TheReligion

Abusive
Only if you judge by quality of players added, but if you judge by execution:

1. We haven't been able to sold a lot of deadwood
2. Many sellable players left for free
3. The rest of sellable players went on loan, instead of actually bringing in money
4. We are signing players at the last second and paid double for Antony
5. Our signing targets are only based on who EtH knows. What do we have recruitment for? Negotiations is clearly not it, neither is research.

In any normal club, Murtough and recruiting team would be fired after a window like this.
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I still believe we had/have some sort of agreement with FDJ and the only reason he isn't here is because of the money Barca have pushed into the later years of his contract. That is essentially payment for football he has already played... there has been all sorts of stories about tax implications and the legalities of his contract so it cannot be easy to sort out. I just don't buy the whole 'he never wanted to come' line. There is something going on between Barca and FDJ that isn't in the public domain.

I think United know what is going on, hence Barca saying we have behaved well for our part in this saga a while back. I think that was a comment about us not shit-stirring in the press despite being fully aware of what was going on behind the scenes. I said weeks and weeks ago that if FDJ doesn't sign for us, it will be because his agent couldn't find a route out of Barca that did not affect the money he is owed. I still stand by that.

Anyone claiming his fiancé is behind this needs to just think about that statement for a moment. She is forcing him to stay in Barca because she loves the city and cannot bear to leave? So what is their long-term plan? After seeing how Barca have behaved towards him during this window, are they hoping he will stay now, sign at least more two more long contracts with them over the next ten years, and then retire there?
Absolutely agree with you here

NewGlory

Maybe she feels like she has her own life and her own priorities and doesn't feel like she is just a prop for the life of Frenkie de Jong? Should every footballer's girlfriend/wife act like the world revolves around the footballer and as if she has no say in where THEY live? I understand majority of footballer wives are like that, but why do you think they all must be like that? She CAN have opinions about how and where next 10 years of her life will happen and she may have no desire it to happen in Manchester. It is possible, she is well within her rights as a human, and if that were the case Frenkie would be a jerk off to not take that into account.

Her not wanting to go to Manchester doesn't mean she wants to live in Barcelona for the rest of their lives. She simply does not want to live in Manchester for the next several years.

Nothing shocking here, if true, unless you think women and footballer wives specifically are just an accessory that you move where you will

Status
Not open for further replies.