Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
One question for you, is Barca at the same level of either Dortmund or Benfica?

When you're deal with a heavy weight as Barca is despite the financial crisis, you've got do be respectable in every move you make, one wrong move could jeopardize everything.
We’ll considering Dortmund was negotiating with us for about a year for sancho… yet city can just sign haaland just like that. It’s not about what level the teams are it’s about coughing up the money. Yes I get that you’ve got to negotiate the best price that suits both parties but it took Liverpool a few days to wrap up the Nunez deal… we was linked with him way before Liverpool was but alls we was doing was ‘weighing’ up and ‘preparing’ a bid as usual. By the time we prepare things another team as already took our target!

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We’ll considering Dortmund was negotiating with us for about a year for sancho… yet city can just sign haaland just like that. It’s not about what level the teams are it’s about coughing up the money. Yes I get that you’ve got to negotiate the best price that suits both parties but it took Liverpool a few days to wrap up the Nunez deal… we was linked with him way before Liverpool was but alls we was doing was ‘weighing’ up and ‘preparing’ a bid as usual. By the time we prepare things another team as already took our target!
Didn't Haaland have a release clause? Much easier transfer than Sancho.

spaceboyRSA

Haaland had a release clause. Sancho didnt

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You have to remember that City have boundless money however it is disguised and Liverpool are successful, so both negotiating with a higher budget. We will have lost money by not qualifying for the CL, getting knocked out of cups early, league position, it is all lost income.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
People frustrated at the turnaround time of this deal, or any for Man Utd, need to accept this is how the club operate. I'm convinced a part of it is to maintain stories in the media world and retain high engagement on social media channels - which we know is an important aspect of the club operation, at least internally.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
People frustrated at the turnaround time of this deal, or any for Man Utd, need to accept this is how the club operate. I'm convinced a part of it is to maintain stories in the media world and retain high engagement on social media channels - which we know is an important aspect of the club operation, at least internally.
Even if they're just getting abuse from fans for taking so long to get deals done? I would like to think that we are taking a more "football first" approach now the chinless one has departed, and will just get deals done as quickly as possible to give ETH more time to work with them.

Obviously he can't do that right now with FdJ because he's on international duty, but I don't believe that we've done nothing at all yet because of social media engagements.

NLunited

We are already talking to alternative targets, feck Barcelona. FdJ salary will be 19 mil next year. Good luck.

kthanksbye

It's annoying but this could well be true. The more this story is talked about on social media the more ManUtd are in the news, which is a priority of the club.

mikeyt

Year upon year, we say the same old shite! Liverpool get Nunez done in a few days, despite speculation of a move elsewhere. Either other clubs are much better at keeping stuff quiet will doing everything in the background or they just get it done. Either way it seems nothing has changed! The optimist in me says we're trying to get all our deals over the line for one big announcement, if only!

Ralph1386

It's annoying but this could well be true. The more this story is talked about on social media the more ManUtd are in the news, which is a priority of the club.
Which sums up everything that’s wrong with this club.

Last edited:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm confident we will see De Jong in Man Utd colours this summer, but it will be another few weeks. Is what it is. Remains to be seen if the club is prioritising football or remains the corporate circus it has become in the last decade. No point losing sleep over it. Enjoy the summer and see where the club is at come start of the season.

romufc

Which sums up everything that’s wrong with this club.
How is that the clubs problem?

A journalist decides to write about x,y,z player linked to United? Do you expect united to come out and say which rumour is true or false?

STYLOISRED

Posters are moaning that we are negotiating an 80mil price for DeJong.
Same posters would moan if we just paid up whatever Barca asked for

Volksie316

This window is going to end up exactly like DM first window.

The club are simply awful at conducting transfers and nothing seems to change, no matter what changes happen.

We are seriously going to start the new season with McFred in the midfield.

It’s an embarrassment!

This club is supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, and we need to start acting like it!

cranston88

Its much easier to buy someone who has a definitive release clause. Comparing the Sancho deal with the Halaand deal is like comparing apples to hovercrafts....

Seven Seas Sardines

To the ones getting giddy over Catalunya source saying he's one step closer, their source is his interview from the other day that the whole world has spammed for 24 hours already..

Ralph1386

How is that the clubs problem?

A journalist decides to write about x,y,z player linked to United? Do you expect united to come out and say which rumour is true or false?
Read what he said at the end of his sentence before replying.

acnumber9

Either other clubs are much better at keeping stuff quiet will doing everything in the background or they just get it done.
Or you don’t pay as much attention to other clubs. Chelsea have been linked with Kounde since the beginning of last summer. Still haven’t signed him. How long did we hear about Mbappe being on his way to Real Madrid?

romufc

Read what he said at the end of his sentence before replying.
So now you know what the priority for the club is?

How about negotiation with a club who is in financial trouble.

De Jong is the priority transfer, a player who needs convincing to come, to agree a fee with Barca.

Some people act as if these things can be done in 2 days.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
its a dangerous game though, someone will come in and pay it for him. Who else is better than him at what he does and available?
It's brilliant and this is the only way the game should be played. I have to admit that seeing this makes me respect the board more. We are not afraid and we know the situation of FDJ very well. Barcelona just tries to grab as much possible, because there aren't that many catalans who'd like to have dinner in camp nou or whatever they are trying to raise more money :D

This shift in negotiation tactics makes me understand that things are moving in the right direction. And FDJ isn't irreplaceable, also he will start pushing more towards the move, forcing the board to act more quickly and stop playing hardball.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So we didn't sign him during the outage. This club can't do anything right! ;)

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So we didn't sign him during the outage. This club can't do anything right! ;)
There was an outage?

Bollocks, I missed the announcement, and assumed we'd signed FDJ and the servers melted.

Blood Mage

We go through this every transfer whereas other clubs never seem to.
Other clubs don't get fleeced the way we do. Murtough is doing the right thing trying to put a stop to the ridiculous United Tax. Whether he's competent enough to actually negotiate better deals remains to be seen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.