Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

At Barça they are fully convinced that they will be able to sign Bernardo Silva. This has been transferred to him through his agent, Mendes. The player environment believes that they must have patience.
Exchanges ruled out: City do not want De Jong.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

At Barça they are fully convinced that they will be able to sign Bernardo Silva. This has been transferred to him through his agent, Mendes. The player environment believes that they must have patience.
Exchanges ruled out: City do not want De Jong.
Well, they better take that new offer of ours as soon as they can then hadn't they?

In all honesty, i see them taking our new offer (when we finally get around to bidding) and using the funds to sign Silva

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

No communication? So our officials in Barcelona have been on holiday :lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Getting bent over the barrel by a skint club like Barca, I like the player but if the are digging their heels this deep it's best to walk away. They'll be scrambling to offload him and get his wages off the book in 2 months anyway.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Hahaha.
feck off.
Wasn’t it 80 like 2 days ago
Wasn't it 85m Euro the other day?
Are these guys making it up as they go along?
not happening
Llorens mentioned this figure when he was recapping what was reported two weeks ago in this YouTube video (8:25 onwards).

His sources didn't update him on any new info on the acceptable fees, but they did inform him that Frenkie's more open to leaving + United's pushing harder for the transfer. Beyond that, however, Llorens didn't report anything new. The whole segment was basically a recap/summary of past events.

Judas

Open to offers
Walk away and buy who. He's clearly key to the plan, we'd be starting off Ten Hag's reign playing catch up, it's a no from me. Don't want us getting rinsed, but this is a signing that must happen. And it will.

TheDosser56

Move on if Barca want 100M. Not many players are worth that even not including Barcelona's financial situation. But De Jong is not one of them players anyway

We can't keep going along like this with everyone saying and expecting a big week and NOTHING happening week after week just journalists repeating the same things.. we need to get bodies in. The Tour starts in less than 3 weeks.

something has to give this week.

If Erik Ten Hag's only plan is getting De Jong he isn't a great manager and the job is too big for him. He needs alternatives like a Klopp or Pep would (that's what the club hired him for, to be the next Pep or Klopp). Scouting reports from all over the World on his desk including that River Plate midfielder that's meant to be the dogs bollocks and cheap. Maybe he should read them scout reports instead of relying on signing Ajax or former Ajax players that may or not flop in the Premier League (there's no guarantees just because he managed them at Ajax in the Dutch League)

Last edited:

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
We have a wage structure and by all accounts we stick to it. United just happen to make a lot of money so we can afford to pay these high wages. The only downside is when it comes to moving players out, The club needs to learn how to pay great salaries but at the right time and with performance based incentives.

It's probably not your age, it seems to me that people the world over have become addicted to negativity, specifically anger. It's something we seek out and crave, ultimately to our detriment.
I don't really crave negativity and anger, maybe sadness, disappointment, or more like being afraid players coming to United for the money and money only, we all know how that usually ends up. I don't think we have wage structure, always imagine Judge throwing money like drunk sailor while waving his arms in the air like he don't care, to show how brilliant he is. Like instead of "show me the money" he shouts "I'll give you the money". Yes, we have money, it does not mean we have to give players ludicrous wages because they are big stars. If I want to look at stars I look up at night, at United, want players with both feet on the ground and lots of work and great performances. Tired of being down and out after every bloody game. If they played great and won games and trophies, could not care less about their wages. But to our stars money is nr.1 priority.
Ok, will stop crying now.
Darn Doc, it is negativity!!!
Oooh, thanks, depressed now as well.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
When you look at the last nine years, dont you get tired of plan b c d e
Only if they're crap. Nobody in here was talking about FdJ prior to the summer so I think there's probably a lot of options that we (the supporters) would be happy with. ETH might just have to find a player that brings the same qualities of they insist on so much money because, in my opinion, there's no point blowing most of the budget on one player when we need so much. He won't make enough of a difference in his own.

Superunknown

Slightly concerned that we're going to drag this one out, only to ultimately not get the player, and then be in a rush to sign others quickly. Personally, I don't see this happening.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I will accept things have changed or are changing behind the scenes if we show them the middle finger and walk away.

Sign eriksen on a free and take it from there, if barcelona get back to us tell them we only have 60m left! and that too euros.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Uniteds CEO confirmed we have people in Barcelona working on the deal , so saying there's been no communication is clearly a lie
The only way that both Arnold and Llorens can be right is if Arnold gave us very recent info (info that really shouldn't be leaked this soon), whilst Llorens is going by old info.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Spanish journalist keep recycling the same news again and again about FDJ

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't really crave negativity and anger, maybe sadness, disappointment, or more like being afraid players coming to United for the money and money only, we all know how that usually ends up. I don't think we have wage structure, always imagine Judge throwing money like drunk sailor while waving his arms in the air like he don't care, to show how brilliant he is. Like instead of "show me the money" he shouts "I'll give you the money". Yes, we have money, it does not mean we have to give players ludicrous wages because they are big stars. If I want to look at stars I look up at night, at United, want players with both feet on the ground and lots of work and great performances. Tired of being down and out after every bloody game. If they played great and won games and trophies, could not care less about their wages. But to our stars money is nr.1 priority.
Ok, will stop crying now.
Darn Doc, it is negativity!!!
Oooh, thanks, depressed now as well.
:lol: sorry mate, by no means a criticism of you but it does seem everyone is angry these days and instead of getting away from it we all seem to seek more of these 'dark side' feelings.

Although to be fair, there was lots of negativity 20 years ago, too, we just called it cynicism and acted all cool about it.

Tavern in the town

I will accept things have changed or are changing behind the scenes if we show them the middle finger and walk away.

Sign eriksen on a free and take it from there, if barcelona get back to us tell them we only have 60m left! and that too euros.
If that happened you’d complain about us not backing the manager.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
If that happened you’d complain about us not backing the manager.
That I would do if we signed no one. Even prime saf didn't always get to sign his prime targets in the transfer market so why should ten hag ? Part of being a great manager is being able to work with alternatives.

Dannn411

Very strong Fabregas and Thiago vibes with this De Jong rumor. This is Barcelona we're talking about here. One of the dirtiest, shadiest dealers in the transfer market. No way in hell we're playing ball with this lot. There's a reason English clubs don't do much with Real or Barcelona. I'm sure they'll find someone to bail them out again maybe Juve, PSG, Chelsea or City. I've already moved on.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I'm not sure if it is literally night and day, but there is some work involved. There's negotiation with agents and clubs, discussions with our own coaching staff, board, scouts, finance and legal people, contract offer creation and bid creation with input from finance and legal teams + obtaining signatures, other associated documentation to create, league registration process, medical arrangements, and perhaps even shareholder approval, idk. There are probably internal negotiations and approvals for each offer to any external party, hard to say for sure.
Think you’ve got most of it but just to add to this — within the negotiations with the player and his agent there is another subsection which will be things like the actual salary, bonuses, image rights, any commercial deals/sponsorships etc. Probably also a bit of time working out living arrangements for the player and his family - schools if kids involved etc. Lots of little things that become bigger naturally as the scale of transfer takes place.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm not sure if it is literally night and day, but there is some work involved. There's negotiation with agents and clubs, discussions with our own coaching staff, board, scouts, finance and legal people, contract offer creation and bid creation with input from finance and legal teams + obtaining signatures, other associated documentation to create, league registration process, medical arrangements, and perhaps even shareholder approval, idk. There are probably internal negotiations and approvals for each offer to any external party, hard to say for sure.
These are mainly tasks of the pre sales process. Once a bid had been submitted all these points have been clarified already.

You don't have to revisit all these points again before submitting a second bit. They don't change. Only the transfer fee and maybe the triggers to pay the variables need to be adjusted. Should be done in hours rather than days.

Redcy

So bring in Erik den to replace fdj , despite not being the same type of player? Bring in neves who isn’t as mobile as fdj so can’t do the same job? Vitinha who literally no one had heard of? If we are going for random average players he doesn’t want, why not just stick with mcFred? Maybe he does have other players, but he would prefer fdj? If so it’s up to the board to decide what is value for money, and when to stop negotiations, not ten hag. The board can turn around and say we will get someone else off your list. Of course it does mean from day one you you are not backing your manager. you are losing your minds over some tier 4 source.

OdinsEye

*Insert Tweet Here*
"This deal is dragging more than I thought it would. Oh I know - Barca MUST be looking for more cash than previously thought, thats the ONLY reason a deal could be delayed. I'll add an extra €5m onto the previous tweets figure"

(I cant post media)

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
According to Laurie (Athletic) we were 10-15m euros away from deal. First offer was of 60+10 which means Barca are holding out for 85m. Second bid is rumoured to be 70+10. Most likely it will be closed by next weekend

wolvored

We will get him in a months time for 90 mill euros. That way both clubs can walk away satisfied. Utd will brag we saved 10 mill euros

Ted Lasso

The only way that both Arnold and Llorens can be right is if Arnold gave us very recent info (info that really shouldn't be leaked this soon), whilst Llorens is going by old info.
How bad a journalist is Llorens that he missed the Twitter storm from that video before writing this?

I'm going to go out on a limb and call the CEO Tier 1 and this chap just rumor mill

Status
Not open for further replies.