Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

The backlash if this transfer fails and Glazers take £11m dividend is not something they should be entertaining.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The backlash if this transfer fails and Glazers take £11m dividend is not something they should be entertaining.
There will be a backlash. Not a very informed one, but it will definitely happen regardless.

Redcy

How much do you think Caqueret would cost ? I’ve not seen a lot of him but he’s a similar player in that he likes to pick the ball up from deep and dictate play ? Would he still need a box to box ball winner alongside him ?
Around 45m different player though will need a much better cb or dm

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Have Barca even completed their free transfer signings yet?! The likes of Kessie and the Danish defender from Chelsea
I don't think that they can.
As I understand it, its because of an imposed wage cap, so they cannot sign three new players because that will take them over the wage cap, they have to reduce their annual wage sum first.
Which means that they are forced to sell before they sign.

I stand to be corrected....

dove

Another day with no news, yet we can't sign anybody till this is done. This is definitely the most boring and tedious saga I can remember keep moaning lads

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Another news with no day, yet we can't done anybody till this is sign. This is definitely the most saga and boring tedious I can remember

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Another news with no day, yet we can't done anybody till this is sign. This is definitely the most saga and boring tedious I can remember
Marina Granovskaia is on the market now. I heard she did a great job as director of football.

lex talionis

The manager is on vacation, the player is on vacation and wouldn't report to training until July due to his Nations League involvement anyway.
I hear what you're saying, but every day that passes is a day that could otherwise be spent integrated Frenkie into the club, including mundane things that need to get tended to in life. City didn't feck around with Haaland or Liverpool with Nunez as there's nothing to be gained by waiting an extra month to get those deals done.

Newtonius

I hear what you're saying, but every day that passes is a day that could otherwise be spent integrated Frenkie into the club, including mundane things that need to get tended to in life. City didn't feck around with Haaland or Liverpool with Nunez as there's nothing to be gained by waiting an extra month to get those deals done.
Pff you haven't heard of glazernomics. Its always good to save a million in wages...

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
But they have ‘fecked around’ with every signing they will complete between now and the end of the window then, surely?

DavelinaJolie

As you say he's just playing up to what his fanbase want. I don't blame him personally for that, he's found a gap in the market and is probably doing very well out of it - fair play to him.

Similar to AFTV they realised you get way more views when there is drama, so they engineer it. The issue is a lot of the younger fanbase seem to think moaning and being toxic is the default setting now.
I think you can blame him to a point because he does a bunch of shows regurgitating the same things over knowing people watch it. I saw a clip recently of him saying there's nothing he can do about the situation with the Glazers owning Utd. What? The "Biggest Utd fan channel" can't help organise a sustained financial boycott? He's full of crap.

The drama gives him views, the last thing he'd want for his wallet is the club to become competent.

croadyman

I think we should move on to other signings too to be honest. More for other positions. Work under the assumption that he'll cost the full amount from Barcelona and we'll pick him up at some point this summer but we need deals done elsewhere. We need to get a lot of business done.
Yeah assume we are paying that then at least will know what is left for another signing or two

Newtonius

Man they always suck the fun out of these deals. It was so exciting at the beginning it felt like it was picking up a lot of pace and now its just dragged on way too much, even two or three weeks ago it felt like they needed to get it over with one way or the other.

Everyone knows the end result too ETH wants him and eventually United will get desperate they will pay it so why are they doing this when people will be so pissed off as they inevitably pay the money Barca wanted in the first place.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Man they always suck the fun out of these deals. It was so exciting at the beginning it felt like it was picking up a lot of pace and now its just dragged on way too much, even two or three weeks ago it felt like they needed to get it over with one way or the other.

Everyone knows the end result too ETH wants him and eventually United will get desperate they will pay it so why are they doing this when people will be so pissed off as they inevitably pay the money Barca wanted in the first place.
Your feelings, and that of other fans, are not considered in the slightest during such talks. And rightly so.

Newtonius

Your feelings, and that of other fans, are not considered in the slightest during such talks. And rightly so.
You aren't wrong fan sentiment is ultimately irrelevant but the team on the pitch isn't being considered either, especially when the valuation differential is the dividends the Glazers have taken out this week. Funny how it works out isn't it.

The Irish Connection

True. And the glazers taking exactly what we’re short to get it done on Friday.

phelans shorts

Do you think that Haaland and Nunez have been being shown round the local sainsbury’s since signing or that they’ve just… continued with their holidays

lex talionis

Do you think that Haaland and Nunez have been being shown round the local sainsbury’s since signing or that they’ve just… continued with their holidays
I'm quite sure Pep and Klopp haven't ignored their new signings. But hey, it's possible they have so perhaps we should sit on our sixth place laurels and feck around on our other putative signings until we get Frenkie over the line in late July.

jm99

If ten hag thinks he's necessary then I'd say just spend what's needed. I mean look at Liverpool spending 60m on a goalkeeper which most would have said was overpriced and he's transformed them. Either we trust ten hag or we don't

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
You aren't wrong fan sentiment is ultimately irrelevant but the team on the pitch isn't being considered either, especially when the valuation differential is the dividends the Glazers have taken out this week. Funny how it works out isn't it.
No, it isn’t funny at all.

Whether or not the needs of the team are being considered is an assessment for the end of the window.

The amount of dividends taken by the Glazers is completely irrelevant. Clearly, it is not a case of us having only £80m to our name, but the Glazers have taken £11m out of it, thus preventing us from buying De Jong. More obviously, is the fact that we disagree with Barcelona’s valuation of the player, given current circumstances. If we buy Do Jong today for £65m, we will subsequently go on to spend tens of millions on additional players. Thus demonstrating that the current issue with De Jong is not down to us not having an additional £11m in our possession, but the fact that we have a value for the player, regardless of dividend payments. Of course, this will be disregarded and parallels drawn due to the fact that this is the season of Manchester United driven hysteria.

Kaushal

I’m at the point where when this transfer happens I would be over the moon not because De Jong signed for us but because we can sign other players now.

Last edited:

croadyman

I’m at the point where when this transfer happens I would be over the moon not because De Jong signed for us but because we can sign other players now.
Yeah can definitely see that point of view, club also needs to think where they can raise funds for other signings. Particularly when you see us quoted €60-€70m for Antony

DavelinaJolie

I was listening to a podcast earlier and they made a pertinent point, I thought, that Utd weren't really linked to De Jong until Ten Hag came in, which suggests that it's a signing he wants (supported by the information put out by reporters), and consequently they've had a lot less time to work out details for this than say, City's quite lengthy courtship with Haaland.

I think people underestimate the level of work involved with these deals, their structuring, and working out agreements with players. This is I guess what happens with you have quite a significant overhaul within an organisation that needs to maintain its running whilst creating new internal structures.

Kaushal

Yeah can definitely see that point of view, club also needs to think where they can raise funds for other signings. Particularly when you see us quoted €60-€70m for Antony
My worry is the window is not that long now and we neither have signed nor sold anyone yet. It tells me nobody is interested in our players and I hope it doesn’t have an impact on our budget atleast on our priority signings if that’s what the club were planning.

croadyman

My worry is the window is not that long now and we neither have signed nor sold anyone yet. It tells me nobody is interested in our players and I hope it doesn’t have an impact on our budget atleast on our priority signings if that’s what the club were planning.
Yeah I have exactly that worry as well

phelans shorts

I'm quite sure Pep and Klopp haven't ignored their new signings. But hey, it's possible they have so perhaps we should sit on our sixth place laurels and feck around on our other putative signings until we get Frenkie over the line in late July.
I want to make this very clear, what the feck are you on about?

Say this deal is done next week as allegedly Barcelona are pushing for, what has been lost? If the deal was done last week, Frenkie would be in Vegas now. If the deal gets done next week, Frenkie will be in Vegas (assuming he isn’t going road tripping, I’d probably be bored as hell spending that long in one place).

I’m sure Frenkie and Erik have chatted as much as Nunez and Klopp although in reality they probably don’t really need to having known each other for years already. Pep has probably been messaging Haaland endlessly and getting largely ignored like some little pervert. It’s all fine. Why are you getting so worked up over absolutely nothing. Relax.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It should have been quite obvious that demand would be low. Especially as in recent years they have never really sold well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Another day with no news, yet we can't sign anybody till this is done. This is definitely the most boring and tedious saga I can remember
Definitely the most tedious one since Sancho last summer.

lex talionis

I want to make this very clear, what the feck are you on about?

Say this deal is done next week as allegedly Barcelona are pushing for, what has been lost? If the deal was done last week, Frenkie would be in Vegas now. If the deal gets done next week, Frenkie will be in Vegas (assuming he isn’t going road tripping, I’d probably be bored as hell spending that long in one place).

I’m sure Frenkie and Erik have chatted as much as Nunez and Klopp although in reality they probably don’t really need to having known each other for years already. Pep has probably been messaging Haaland endlessly and getting largely ignored like some little pervert. It’s all fine. Why are you getting so worked up over absolutely nothing. Relax.
What I'm on about is we've been in the exact place summer after summer over the last decade and that our other signings are being held up until this one gets done -- or doesn't get done. Unless we have reason to believe that De Jong is a sure thing. But on what basis can we be sure it is a sure thing? We're fecking around over by saving what, 5m?

Status
Not open for further replies.