Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDosser56

The scenes when the Glazers take their dividends this Friday and neither De Jong or any other signing has been brought in. New era and all.
it's disgusting :rolleyes: our worst Premier League season and no new signing yet..

absolute shambles. No wonder CR7 is not happy with the lack of transfer activity and wants out. Sinking ship.

the club and Ten Hag can't even "get a body in" like Eriksen that's a free transfer and should be piss easy.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Walk away and sign Caqueret instead you dum-dums

Onerealunited

There are no guarantees that we will end with FDJ but yet we have managed to write 338 pages about him - a little despretation :-D

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
There are 4 top 4 slots up for grabs.

Also, ‘new signings’ is not the pre-requisite to starting the season well.
that’s a nice thought, but who out of city, pool and Chelsea are falling out realistically?

Also we have a very difficult start and the only midfielder capable of playing the way the manager prefers has been a premier league flop if we’re being honest. I get not wanting to be doom and gloom but the writing on the wall has been right pretty much every time in the last 10 years.

TuzlaUnited

What the actual feck are you talking about?

- Why move on?
- We have a DOF.
- If we didn't, why would having a DOF mean that we should move on from an obvious target?

What is happening in here?!
He does not want to come here.Just look how is Lewa forcing his move, or how Auba did it ,and even our legend Ronnie compared himself to slave.
We have DOF too many years late. Our squad is like some monster. Pieces of LVG ,JM ,OLE who all have different style of football.
And if we had competent DOF he would find 2-3 players in mould of FDJ. He is not fecking Messi or Ronaldo. But we will overpay for him and if ETH fail we will stuck with player on high wages who does not want to be here. Sounds familiar?
What is happening in here? Do you really need to ask that? We are in shambles almost for decade and people are starting to lose faith in club.

RedCurry

Is FDJ the only midfielder in the world? Last time I checked, there are other midfielders. Can we just target someone who is more attainable and actually enthusiastic about the project?

dinostar77

Is FDJ the only midfielder in the world? Last time I checked, there are other midfielders. Can we just target someone who is more attainable and actually enthusiastic about the project?
Hes a unique talent. Sort of like Modric. Hard to find someone similar of that ike.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
that’s a nice thought, but who out of city, pool and Chelsea are falling out realistically?

Also we have a very difficult start and the only midfielder capable of playing the way the manager prefers has been a premier league flop if we’re being honest. I get not wanting to be doom and gloom but the writing on the wall has been right pretty much every time in the last 10 years.
I don’t know, we’ll have to let the actual football start first, but I’m not a believer in just putting points on the board for teams who are yet to earn them. Watched footy for long enough for that.

And football will be football, ETH or any other manager. All I keep reading on here is ‘Ten Hag’s football’ - the ball will still be round and the fundamental principles the same. If he cannot get better from the squad we had last season, then he’s simply not a good manager. That squad has even shown better before. Let’s start with that before we start wishing on a star in the transfer market. 3 or 4 players are not going to take us anywhere, we will need 20 to do that.

davidmichael

Walk away and sign Caqueret instead you dum-dums
How much do you think Caqueret would cost ? I’ve not seen a lot of him but he’s a similar player in that he likes to pick the ball up from deep and dictate play ? Would he still need a box to box ball winner alongside him ?

AndySmith1990

I don’t know, we’ll have to let the actual football start first, but I’m not a believer in just putting points on the board for teams who are yet to earn them. Watched footy for long enough for that.

And football will be football, ETH or any other manager. All I keep reading on here is ‘Ten Hag’s football’ - the ball will still be round and the fundamental principles the same. If he cannot get better from the squad we had last season, then he’s simply not a good manager. That squad has even shown better before. Let’s start with that before we start wishing on a star in the transfer market. 3 or 4 players are not going to take us anywhere, we will need 20 to do that.
Dud you think Klopp wasn't that good when he finished 7th with the squad he inherited, or did you think he needed new players to slot into his system to maximise results?

dinostar77

Worth posting again as this thread moves so fast. You can see why ETH would want both FDJ and Erikkson in his team.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
337 pages of posting later, we still don't have the man.
Jokes on you, Uniteds transfer team won't let it happen until more traffic is generated. A minimum of 500 posts is required to even be considered a true muppet target.

tidraKS

How can you know he's not enthusiastic about the project? If we're having talks, he's for sure ready to join us. Are you expecting him to go to press and say I want to join Manchester United? Stop the negativity.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Dud you think Klopp wasn't that good when he finished 7th with the squad he inherited, or did you think he needed new players to slot into his system to maximise results?
I didn’t think anything. I can’t even remember who his players were. It bears no relevance regardless. If Ten Hag can’t win any football matches with this squad, the one that he repeatedly reminded us finished second a year ago, then he is not good enough.

bosskeano

but also a player who is comfortable with the manager, knows what he wants and is pretty close to non pressable ......i'd say probably not

Redcy

The issue appears to be that he wants De Jong because he sees us playing in a particular way, one imagines very like how De Jong used to play for him in that 433/343/442 setup. You need a mobile midfielder who can make a third CB, carry the ball forward and play progressive passes. This is to make up for weaker centre back pairs, and allows you to have de Jong float around. If you move to another midfielder such as Neves then you have to change the team to play that way. That requires a strong CB pairing who can play with pace and make up for the DMs immobility, does anyone think our defenders can do that. If we move transfer strategy for the sake of 15m euros then we would have to change other elements too, like getting a better CB in, and getting a better RB and probably RW too

caid

I think we should move on to other signings too to be honest. More for other positions. Work under the assumption that he'll cost the full amount from Barcelona and we'll pick him up at some point this summer but we need deals done elsewhere. We need to get a lot of business done.

arthurka

This is probably the worst transfer saga in the Caf´s history.
We are down to 90% from 95% but the 10% has at least 50% chance of happening so 85m is a bargain for a player who doesn´t want to move.

Bobski

And who wouldn't be on 400K + a week.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

Why you including Chelsea in that list?

Gandalf

just replace with Neves and a Torres should be cheaper.
With respect he is a far better player than Neves and last time I looked Wolves were talking about 75M minimum to sell him so what would be the point? We can stand our ground on this one, Barca will sell and if we are patient it will be less for their current asking price. That of course is not an excuse for us not to seal some other deals in the meantime. Frenkie can come in late and with his familiarity of the system he will be joining it should not be an issue but we need some other new faces in for pre season.

Redcy

With respect he is a far better player than Neves and last time I looked Wolves were talking about 75M minimum to sell him so what would be the point? We can stand our ground on this one, Barca will sell and if we are patient it will be less for their current asking price. That of course is not an excuse for us not to seal some other deals in the meantime. Frenkie can come in late and with his familiarity of the system he will be joining it should not be an issue but we need some other new faces in for pre season.
Indeed. People assume that swapping to another midfielder is easy, which is my point.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Jokes on you, Uniteds transfer team won't let it happen until more traffic is generated. A minimum of 500 posts is required to even be considered a true muppet target.
Pages*

Can't have followed many transfer threads here during the summers if he thinks that 338 is a lot :lol:

Vidal, Fabregas, Pogba... how long were those? And which transfer thread is the longest?

joedirt87

the "scouting" department at this club was a complete joke and it's a whole new front office who have no experience with transfers. I think it's a myth that we have alternative targets.

Baneofthegame

Pages*

Can't have followed many transfer threads here during the summers if he thinks that 338 is a lot :lol:

Vidal, Fabregas, Pogba... how long were those? And which transfer thread is the longest?
Not to mention when everyone demanded we spend 100+ million on Sancho to “get it done”.

the_cliff

Pedri ,22 appearances, Age 19, Spanish, 38,000 per week
Gavi, 47 appearance, Age 17, Spanish 2,000 per week.
De Jong 25, Appearance 46, Age 25, Dutch, 165,000 per week

De Jong is currently better than Pedri and Gavi and makes the most sense to move him on with two potential world class young Spanish midfielders on the rise been paid a fraction of De Jong's wages. De Jong is a world class midfielders and he's not been moved on because he is a worse player than Pedri and Gavi, your talking absolute nonsense. Barcelona need to raise some funds and De Jong seems the most logical to move on.
And they want those funds to pay Lewandowski.

Again, if Xavi deemed him worthy of being worth how much ever he's on he wouldn't be losing his place to a 17 and 19 year old. It's no secret that De Jong wants to stay, he's being forced out because Xavi deems him not being a significant improvement on Pedri and Gavi and he'd much rather give those wages to Lewa who is a significant improvement on Aubameyang.

Again my point is for Barcelona he's not worth paying and playing. Just as it wasn't worth it for Barca to keep Fabregas, doesn't mean he's a bad player as Fabregas is one of the best midfielders to ever play in the prem. But my point is even if Barca weren't in financial ruin they'd be still trying to move him, hence he's deemed by Barcelona as not worth being in their squad.

If Barca really wanted him to stay he'd be staying, end of discussion.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
ETH wants him, that's all we need to ask.

If you crave a big mac, will going to the local kebab shop suffice? no.
Pages*

damn it ruined my own joke :( I think Pogba was the longest by miles

Status
Not open for further replies.