Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedDevilRoshi

Barca looking to replace DeJong with Carlos Soler from Valencia for €25m. Why did we go after him for that price? He’s a full international and good enough for Barca he’s good enough for us. The sort of signing City would make as they don’t get blinded by media hype which our board do. The media dictate who we sign because there’s nobody at the club to do it. The DeJong saga has gone on for too long. If we get him, and it been close for two weeks, we get an overpriced player that does want to be at the club. He can’t possible give 100% however professional he is.Another shitshow transfer windows.
Do you have anything better to do other than moan and groan?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we do get this deal in @ £56m, wonder how much it leaves in the transfer kitty for other signings this summer?

That's not me implying its a huge chunk or insane spending, I think the fee is a terrific deal! more general curiosity on what the overall spend will be at the end?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we do get this deal in @ £56m, wonder how much it leaves in the transfer kitty for other signings this summer?

That's not me implying its a huge chunk or insane spending, I think the fee is a terrific deal! more general curiosity on what the overall spend will be at the end?
I criticised the club many times but if we do get him for that price then I'd be the first to admit that we made a good deal.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Briefing SImon Stone is the biggest indicator for me. They are bullish.
Yep. BBC openly talking about money is a pretty big thing. Usually they deny deny until it's confimed by the club.

I suspect by the end of the week we will have confirmation.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

£56 million will be spread over multiple years presumably so a healthy amount.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I criticised the club many times but if we do get him for that price then I'd be the first to admit that we made a good deal.
And to think how many posters here were moaning about how we dont wrap up deals quickly. From what it seems there has been a lot of negotiation going into this, and we look like we will end up paying far less than the original price tag Barca put on

devilish

And to think how many posters here were moaning about how we dont wrap up deals quickly. From what it seems there has been a lot of negotiation going into this, and we look like we will end up paying far less than the original price tag Barca put on
I was one of those fans and I don't mind saying that I was wrong if this does happen. That doesn't justify us not making other signings/not getting rid of deadwood yet though.

ti vu

£56 million will be spread over multiple years presumably so a healthy amount.
This we can't be sure. Barcelona may have required us to pay in fewer years/more up front. I guess (again) this is why the negotiation took long for supposed very reasonable fee, and why we didn't commit the fund over other signings until we got this done. Paying more front, completing the transfer payments in fewer years is sigficant difference in accounting book for the near future.

Last edited:

Widow

Barca looking to replace DeJong with Carlos Soler from Valencia for €25m. Why did we go after him for that price? He’s a full international and good enough for Barca he’s good enough for us. The sort of signing City would make as they don’t get blinded by media hype which our board do. The media dictate who we sign because there’s nobody at the club to do it. The DeJong saga has gone on for too long. If we get him, and it been close for two weeks, we get an overpriced player that does want to be at the club. He can’t possible give 100% however professional he is.Another shitshow transfer windows.
Barca have also signed Auba, Depay, Braithwaite, Torres ect... And they're not good enough for us. Moral of the story is, just because Barca sign them it doesn't make them good.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
This we can't be sure. Barcelona may have required us to pay in less years/more up front. I guess (again) why the negotiation took long for supposed very reasonable fee, and why we didn't commit the fund over other signings until we got this done.
Of course but I think it's pretty likely.

devilish

Can we get away with not buying a DM this season with De Jong around? I have a feeling that United will wait another year so they get Rice

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

tidraKS

As long as that's the case, we're fine with it ;)

Stop it people, you're getting boring.

devilish

De Jong is the player ETH wants. He's clearly better then Soler as well. At 56m he'll be a steal.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Soler and De Jong aren't the same type of player. Barcelona aren't going to replace De Jong with a similar player since it's one of the reason they can sell him, they will replace him with a more dynamic box to box player which is Soler.

devilish

Chelsea will sign him next summer.
I criticise our board countless time in the past, well, decade and a half or so. Yet even I admit that sometimes we hit way above our weight in terms of transfers. I wouldn't have thought that we would sign Veron and Pogba for example. From my experience its rare for United to have a fixation for a player and lose out on it.

lennardinio

Like saying "Why didn't Real Madrid sign Antonia Valencia instead of Cristiano Ronaldo."

devilish

Soler and De Jong aren't the same type of player. Barcelona aren't going to replace De Jong with a similar player since it's one of the reason they can sell him, they will replace him with a more dynamic box to box player which is Soler.
De Jong can be a B2B but there's more to his locker then that. The guy is the closest thing we ever had to Robson (although Robson was a better player)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This is genuinely one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here.

florisW

Supports
Ajax
Simon Stone said that anyway though? Thought theres still some things to tie up with the player
Frenkie has replied he will only start negotiations after barca and Man Utd have come to an agreement

RedDevilRoshi

It’s a bid. Where does it say this is the one that will be accepted? We haven’t got him yet, and if we do, it will presumably be for a higher offer.
Wasn’t that much higher in the end - €2M more.

€65M initial fee with performance based add-ons taking it to €80M-€85M

Great deal by the club and a steal in todays market

Status
Not open for further replies.