Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
De Jong can be a B2B but there's more to his locker then that. The guy is the closest thing we ever had to Robson (although Robson was a better player)
I know that he can play there but the reason they can sell him is because it's not ideal, he said it himself.

Andrew7582

Can we get away with not buying a DM this season with De Jong around? I have a feeling that United will wait another year so they get Rice
De Jong will help us keep the ball and move it forward better, we will still be open at the back without a proper dm though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I know that he can play there but the reason they can sell him is because it's not ideal, he said it himself.
I think there's many reasons why they are selling him

A- Barcelona are spoiled for choice in CM. They have Gavi, Nico and Pedri who are awesome while they look set to sign Kessie as well. Kessie and Gavi can't be signed (or given contract renewals) unless they get rid of De Jong.

B- Barcelona need money and De Jong will be on a monstrous salary next season

C- If Barcelona tried to sell one of their homegrown gems then the fans would burn the stadium. It would be like us selling Scholes when he was in his mid twenties to keep Veron. It ain't happening. The only midfielder Barca's board can sell for good money without losing their heads in the process is De Jong

D- De Jong had been neat but not exceptional. That is down to many factors including Xavi not being able to use him correctly and him being a former homegrown talent himself. If lets say we had Scholes as manager then we're more likely to play and keep an on form Rashford then an on form Martial simply because the former is a homegrown talent. Homegrown talent tend to stick together.

NLunited

Barca looking to replace DeJong with Carlos Soler from Valencia for €25m. Why did we go after him for that price? He’s a full international and good enough for Barca he’s good enough for us. The sort of signing City would make as they don’t get blinded by media hype which our board do. The media dictate who we sign because there’s nobody at the club to do it. The DeJong saga has gone on for too long. If we get him, and it been close for two weeks, we get an overpriced player that does want to be at the club. He can’t possible give 100% however professional he is.Another shitshow transfer windows.
Barcelona have two young players who have similar qualities as De Jong: press resistant and good dribblers.

They are getting rid of FdJ because he is on high wages, can be sold and because he is not Spanish. We are lucky he is available.

Now stop moaning, it is pathetic.

Erics_Collar

Is there anything related to FFP (or whatever La Liga's rules are) that means Barca won't want this done until such a time they can reflect it in the upcoming seasons figures, rather than "this" (last) season?

devilish

De Jong will help us keep the ball and move it forward better, we will still be open at the back without a proper dm though.
I agree. However things would change with De Jong. I mean last year we had two options. One was Pogba who he himself admitted that he's a liability defensive wise. The guy dilly dallied too much with the ball, he hated defending and he was absolutely hopeless in it. The other option was McFred who was far better defensively but had no idea what to do with the ball afterwards. I have a sneaky feeling that United will pair De Jong with one of the latter and see if they can hold up to next season. Then they'll go for Rice next summer. We prefer few big names as opposed to multiple targets

Chairman Steve

Barcelona haven’t even played him in his best position as that’s been taken up by Busquets.

Ironically his stint at Barca has been about making way for their homegrown guys, from actively playing to now leaving.

Andrew7582

I agree. However things would change with De Jong. I mean last year we had two options. One was Pogba who he himself admitted that he's a liability defensive wise. The guy dilly dallied too much with the ball, he hated defending and he was absolutely hopeless in it. The other option was McFred who was far better defensively but had no idea what to do with the ball afterwards. I have a sneaky feeling that United will pair De Jong with one of the latter and see if they can hold up to next season. Then they'll go for Rice next summer. We prefer few big names as opposed to multiple targets
I agree that's what we'll do, Fred will most likely be De Jong's main partner. Let's just hope it's enough to get top 4.

Keefy18

I like him, I think he's a good player and obviously improves us, but I do have my concerns about signing tbh.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
De Jong is a no-brainer signing IMO. But he should be played in the position that he's most comfortable with.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Her was a bizarre player at times. Fat and lazy but also tried to play at like 100mph, doing lots of long runs with the ball, charging around the pitch playing 1 2's. I still laugh at that picture of him with the face mask on when he was subbed off for Internacional when they were playing at altitude. I know it has happened to plenty of players but it still made for an amusing picture.

He is still only 34 ffs, what a waste of talent.
He doesn't have the physical heart to be running at that speed for more than 35 minutes near the end of his United career but you can't fault his actual heart. A funny guy, a winner and makes me appreciate him more after being forced to watch Lingard generations.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I was one of those fans and I don't mind saying that I was wrong if this does happen. That doesn't justify us not making other signings/not getting rid of deadwood yet though.
We are working on a budget and would like to know how much we have left to sign other targets after FDJ? Not sure why is it so hard to understand !

cyberman

From what I’m reading we will be pressing up into the oppositions half so that will negate the space we left through midfield last year. Might settle that problem down a bit.
My optimistic viewpoint is how we listened to Ralf and his pressing demands during the first half of his tenure. We were winning the ball high suffocating the play only we faded after an hour and kept letting the opposition back into games.
Ten Hag has us doing that for 90 and a major problem lessens for us imo.

M4YON

Is there anything related to FFP (or whatever La Liga's rules are) that means Barca won't want this done until such a time they can reflect it in the upcoming seasons figures, rather than "this" (last) season?
Yes the deadline is Thursday. Barcelona are due to activate a Lever tomorrow selling some TV rights for €210 million just before the deadlin, likely for the same reason.

Andrew7582

From what I’m reading we will be pressing up into the oppositions half to that will negate the space we left through midfield last year. Might settle that problem down a bit.
My optimistic viewpoint is how we listened to Ralf and his pressing demands during the first half of his tenure. We were winning the ball high suffocating the play only we faded after an hour and kept letting the opposition back into games.
Ten Hag has us doing that for 90 and a major problem lessens for us imo.
High pressing teams still have a defensively capable player to snuff out danger mainly on counters, Fabinho/Fernandinho etc.

devilish

We are working on a budget and would like to know how much we have left to sign other targets after FDJ? Not sure why is it so hard to understand !
We must be able to move targets if the price is not right irrespective of budget constraints.

cyberman

High pressing teams still have a defensively capable player to snuff out danger mainly on counters, Fabinho/Fernandinho etc.
I’m not saying the problems solved, it’s lessened. We are still far off comparing ourselves to City or Liverpool

M4YON

Article states the deal isn't complete YET because the add-ons haven't been finalised.

ti vu

When we're at it with ETH, Ajax, FdJ, or current Netherland NT. Who was it that defensively capable player?

Chairman Steve

Sooo Frenkie Friday anyone? :p

I feel like our social media admin will force that as a hashtag if that happens.

John Dillinger

I like him, I think he's a good player and obviously improves us, but I do have my concerns about signing tbh.
Dear me.

We actually sign a young, world-class player - one of the most coveted young talents only a couple of years ago, who is a huge upgrade for our midfield, one of the best players for Holland, with none of the ego or baggage of our departed star midfielder, a player who WOULD get into City or Liverpools team...

And you have 'concerns'...

Status
Not open for further replies.