Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Can't you lot feck off the pound in favor of the Euro? Makes the transfer figures confusing for us continental folk.
Dude, our PM seems to want to revert to buying things in medieval units of measurement to appease the over 90s who vote for him; I’m going to guess that adopting the Euro will be a bit of a stretch!

It’s clearly the right thing to do though, but hey ho.

big rons sovereign

Dude, our PM seems to want to revert to buying things in medieval units of measurement to appease the over 90s who vote for him; I’m going to guess that adopting the Euro will be a bit of a stretch!

10 groats, 3 peppercorns and 5 virgins should cover it.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

Oh right, I actually read that on here :lol:

OmarUnited4ever

I don't think 65 is a good deal for Barça at all. In fact, I think it is extremely bad. Not bad, EXTREMELY BAD.
I would honestly be very surprised if we get less that 80 between the "base" price and "guaranteed addons". It is not the same add-ons like winning the Ballon D'or or 1 million per appearance up to 20, for citing 2 examples.
Agree to disagree .

As per reports, 65m upfront, total is 80m-85m with add-ons, I think United will offer achievable add-ons like qualify to CL, appearances and xo on, given Barca circumstances, this is a good deal, if Barca weren't in such dire situation, De Jong would have been an untouchable and Xavi would want to keep him.

Pronewbie

Peep
I don't think 65 is a good deal for Barça at all. In fact, I think it is extremely bad. Not bad, EXTREMELY BAD.
I would honestly be very surprised if we get less that 80 between the "base" price and "guaranteed addons". It is not the same add-ons like winning the Ballon D'or or 1 million per appearance up to 20, for citing 2 examples.
65M upfront is probably equal to 80M spread equally over 5 years. It's a fair deal for both parties.

Gurtej

Agree to disagree .

As per reports, 65m upfront, total is 80m-85m with add-ons, I think United will offer achievable add-ons like qualify to CL, appearances and xo on, given Barca circumstances, this is a good deal, if Barca weren't in such dire situation, De Jong would have been an untouchable and Xavi would want to keep him.
Like how you think CL Qualification link to the add ons in achievable...

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
I am still taking precaution until we have all parties agreeing terms.

But I have some questions :

Who can play alongside him and provide a very good duo behind Bruno?

Will FDG play deep lying midfielder, or more like a 8 ?

Are we thinking having FDG+1 this season (Fred, Mc To, VDB) ? which seems low in quality.

Or are we hoping to add someone like Rice next year ? which may be a very good duo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I am still taking precaution until we have all parties agreeing terms.

But I have some questions :

Who can play alongside him and provide a very good duo behind Bruno?

Will FDG play deep lying midfielder, or more like a 8 ?

Are we thinking having FDG+1 this season (Fred, Mc To, VDB) ? which seems low in quality.

Or are we hoping to add someone like Rice next year ? which may be a very good duo.
Frenkie de Gong.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
About 65m for de Jong, eriksen and malacia is quality business! Something Ed Woodward would of never done!

SATA

:drool: :drool:

Also Gerard Romero should be bump up to Tier one when it comes to Barca and his sources. The first one to break this news and them in financial trouble before any other

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:drool: :drool:

Also Gerard Romero should be bump up to Tier one when it comes to Barca and his sources. The first one to break this news and them in financial trouble before any other
He already is unless I missed something. He has been the most reliable Barcelona reporter for a while.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The actual article says:

However, ManUnited must first come to a common denominator with de Jong so that the transfer can be finalized. The problem is: According to SPORT1 information, the Dutchman is not happy about the possible change.

In his opinion he plays at a big club, in a wonderful city and should trade the Spanish sun for English rain. Furthermore, De Jong sees Barca as an exciting project and would like to achieve a lot with the club in the future.

In addition, United would have to pay the 25-year-old a high salary, because according to SPORT1 information he currently earns around 20 million euros at Barca.

What could convince de Jong from Manchester is the Red Devils' new manager. Erik ten Hag has been in charge since this summer. He came from Ajax Amsterdam and has already coached De Jong during his time there.
The coach is seen as his promoter and he is planning the upheaval at United with de Jong as a central figure.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The actual article says:
We always hear about the weather but, and maybe I'm biased because of where I live, but I wouldn't trade British countryside for the Spanish one which in my experience is dry grass and boring as feck.

Status
Not open for further replies.