Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Romano's always been a reliable source.
He has yea because he taps in done deals from other reliable journalists and his fanboys think it's him who gets all the scoops.

It's really quite embarrassing how he almost passes these stories off as his own so much.

izec

He has yea because he taps in done deals from other reliable journalists and his fanboys think it's him who gets all the scoops.

It's really quite embarrassing how he almost passes these stories off as his own so much.
Dont turn this into a Romano thread please.

Red Daz

I said I won’t get excited for any signings this summer until they are in the team and playing well, that lasted all of a day and a bit

Suv666

The more I think about this, the more unlikely it seems. We don't have CL and are rock bottom can't see us attracting players like De Jong at least this window.

This'll be a long drawn saga if it happens, not done overnight. Barca would want the best price possible, a bidding war not a speedy done dealio.

I reckon Romero is making shit up like the De Ligt saga. He'll either stay at Barca or end up at PSG/City

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

And this has absolutely nowt to do with him, or are you just going to wade into every transfer thread and wave your hate boner for Romano around?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

He also posts several exclusives, but because people don’t care about those deals, they become literally blind to them and create some sort of narrative that he is apparently not a journalist with contacts at all, just a teenager on the internet in his room.

Who cares who posts something first? If we do sign FDJ, at some point, several journos in England will post about it. Have they all ‘stolen’ from Romero because he tweeted first?

OverratedOpinion

The more I think about this, the more unlikely it seems. We don't have CL and are rock bottom can't see us attracting players like De Jong at least this window.

This'll be a long drawn saga if it happens, not done overnight. Barca would want the best price possible, a bidding war not a speedy done dealio.

I reckon Romero is making shit up like the De Ligt saga. He'll either stay at Barca or end up at PSG/City
Barcelona have 2 brilliant young midfielders, Kessie coming in and he is their highest earner in a time that they still have wage structure issues.

We have the manager who has gotten the most out of him, a huge name and the ability to pay him huge money. He is also young enough to not panic too much about a season outside of the Champions League.

He has not pulled up trees to the point that City, PSG ect. would be chomping at the bit to get him.

It feels fairly natural.

Suv666

Man some of yous are obsessed with him. He's just a fecking journo no one really cares about him as much as you do.
Let it go.

Irwin99

Physicality maybe. Pace no. De Jong is quick and quick in technique and at thought. Pretty much unpressable. Thiago, Bernardo Silva and Kovacic level. And he could play his favourite position here without Busquets being in the way.
As soon as i asked that i did think of Chelsea's Jorginho who took a while to settle and was written off as too slow/soft for this league but has been a very good player for them since.

So i'm guessing here he'd play alongside another 6 and Bruno would be further forward?

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He's a good journalist for Barcelona, mate, there's no question about that.

I hope he's right.
He's putting all his eggs in the Barca basket that's for sure. Left a well known radio station after a decade to start his own Barca television service (twitch jijantes) claiming he's now got more than triple the sources as before. Could well believe it. Watched a few of his shows with Cesc, Iñiesta, Luis Suarez and Romano as guests. He's definitely got the contacts.

I reckon Romero is making shit up like the De Ligt saga.
He'll either stay at Barca or end up at PSG/City
What are you talking about? The story hasn't even come from him.

OL29

You love that phrase don’t you?

izec

Why City? They have Rodri. You cant have them all. They werent in for him first time around either, so not sure they will go for that type. Maybe more someone better off the ball.

PSG i could rather see, but if he is interested in joining?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Man some of yous are obsessed with him. He's just a fecking journo no one really cares about him as much as you do.
Let it go.
This too.

But there’s a culture of this amongst footy journos altogether these days. People desperate to categorise everyone in some sort of cringeworthy ‘tier’, and hang on to any tweet with some ‘there, he’s said this, so we know now that if it doesn’t happen in 3 months we can agree to never listen to him again because he’s a big far liar’ stuff. The internet becomes a very silly place this time of the year.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
A perfect summer window:

--------------Tchouameni ------ De Jong ------------------

-------------------- Bruno / V.D Beek ------------------------

--- Antony ---------------------------------------- Sancho ---

---------------------------- Ronaldo ----------------------------
I don't think we could get the French lad but antony is pretty getable i feel.

diarm

If he did somehow sign, I'd like to see something along the lines of:
Kamara
De Jong --- VdBeek
Bruno ------------------------ Sancho
Ronaldo/CF​

Bwuk

A perfect summer window:

--------------Tchouameni ------ De Jong ------------------

-------------------- Bruno / V.D Beek ------------------------

--- Antony ---------------------------------------- Sancho ---

---------------------------- Ronaldo ----------------------------
Big improvement but the full backs would still be of concern.

Suv666

Barcelona have 2 brilliant young midfielders, Kessie coming in and he is their highest earner in a time that they still have wage structure issues.

We have the manager who has gotten the most out of him, a huge name and the ability to pay him huge money. He is also young enough to not panic too much about a season outside of the Champions League.

He has not pulled up trees to the point that City, PSG ect. would be chomping at the bit to get him.

It feels fairly natural.
Yeah all of the above could very well be true.

The 95% done thing is bugging me the most. Barca could get much more money if they play their cards right and shop him around Europe for a couple of months.
What's the rush?
Unless we've become better at negotiations and told them either take what's on the table or we're walking away.
Hope the latter is true.

mu4c_20le

Closest to another journo backing up Romero... there's definitely something in this

Status
Not open for further replies.