Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

Yeah all of the above could very well be true.

The 95% done thing is bugging me the most. Barca could get much more money if they play their cards right and shop him around Europe for a couple of months.
What's the rush?
Unless we've become better at negotiations and told them either take what's on the table or we're walking away.
Hope the latter is true.
Yeah who knows.

These sorts of deals do happen and for all we know they have been looking at potential offers for months. It just feels weird for United to be efficient.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Closest to another journo backing up Romero... there's definitely something in this
He's also reliable, and it's good to see another Barcelona journalist give us some more insight. As expected, Xavi is bound to play a part in this given how much of a say he has over the transfers and how much he likes de Jong.

Reddy09

Don't think this will happen, I guess Barca using Utd to starting a bidding war. City? Fernandinho replacement?

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
This would be Muppetastic if true, this is the sort of top tier signing that we need to be making

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
There's no way the likes of City, Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea, Juve just let us sign him unopposed. This has to be Barca trying to spark that bidding war.
Or maybe De Jong has made it clear he only wants to unite with ETH again if the stories of Barca forcing him out are true. De Jong could basically sit on his arse for the next 4 years and Barca couldn't do a thing. Better for them to get 80m now instead of paying out 80m in wages until his contract runs out.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Predictable
He didn't deny that we are interested in signing him and player is interested to come here though. :cool:

Of course it's not closed since there is need more to be done like an agreement between the two clubs. I think that 95% was referring to player wants to come here and we probably already had rough discussion with the player's agent regarding the wages and potential fees.

TsuWave

Closest to another journo backing up Romero... there's definitely something in this
eh. this guy is saying for people to calm down cause Xavi hasn’t OK’d it and there’s still a lot to decide.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's no way the likes of City, Liverpool, PSG, Chelsea, Juve just let us sign him unopposed. This has to be Barca trying to spark that bidding war.
Unless those clubs feel like they've already been priced out of a potential deal. Plus, I don't think the midfield position is a particular weakness for any of those sides.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Shrager blocked me on Twitter because I told him he loves crushing transfer dreams. Weird guy.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
So is this Hen Shagger guy reliable?
Fairly. Worth mentioning that I think it's fairly obvious his source isn't the same as Simon Stone, Simon Peach or James Ducker's so I'd wait for their dream slaying before fully writing the transfer off.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
He's also reliable, and it's good to see another Barcelona journalist give us some more insight. As expected, Xavi is bound to play a part in this given how much of a say he has over the transfers and how much he likes de Jong.
He's not as reliable as Gerard Romero though. Only last year he had to publicly apologise to Romero when Romero said there was contact between Xavi and Laporta on a certain date and Javi club said the information was false. It wasn't. Romero got it spot on.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think the 95% done is more the player himself has chosen us over City if Barcelona decide to sell. Now it's up to us how we can find an agreement with Barcelona. I think Barcelona will force Xavi to sell.

Last week, Hirst said Barcelona are looking to sell for around 60m pounds which equivalent to 70m-80m euro (same amount as what reported today).

Morpheus 7

Welcome to the Summer, jesus this is going to be exhausting with links. Shrager knows lads, this is closed for now unfortunately.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's not as reliable as Gerard Romero though. Only last year he had to publicly apologise to Romero when Romero said there was contact between Xavi and Laporta on a certain date and Javi club said the information was false. It wasn't. Romero got it spot on.
Correct, though with that said, he still has good sources and good info.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Has he been wrong recently? I dont remember him getting something big wrong so far.

I mean it is always easier to deny, but he has not embarrassed himself so far.
I've yet to read something from him that later turned out to be wrong. He was also the first to call out the Cavani contract extension last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.