Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnitedFire

At least they can make a pay cut and still keep their players, imagine us giving our best players a pay cut, they would be gone in a flash. we had to give Bruno a pay rise even though he was shit.
We probably give pay rises based on social media presence!

WPMUFC

Which, by all acounts, won't happen as none of them clubs are interested.
Again, if we're going by reports no other club aside from United are in negotiations with Barca. Chelsea have rumoured to be interested, but that could easily be something said by Barca to speed up Uniteds negotiations. I don't know as i've not really read much into it or where the rumour started
The Chelsea stuff was a non-story from literally the first sentence of the guardian article. They said Chelsea may be interested if MUFC pulled out of any negotiations. Literally the first and only sentence in the entire article. :lol: Of course, the usual redcafe crowd flipped it :wenger:

RkkMan

Most these lads are still earning 10-12m even with 40-50% cut.

Hardly on the breadline.

Reality is they've just been astronomically overpaid in recent years.
It doesn't work that way with rich people. Them already being on millions doesn't automatically mean they'll immediately settle having millions less unless there's a very special caveat to it which FDJ isn't getting.
He's already on a wage deferment/wage cut an extra 40-50% cut is a significant amount of money to just give up knowing well he's due €40m in a season
Not even Scholes/Giggs/Keane would accept such offers if Utd were in turmoil

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Reminds me of a time on the old PES games where I got bored and made a team full of Camera's and Kamara's.

Keefy18

It doesn't work that way with rich people. Them already being on millions doesn't automatically mean they'll immediately settle having millions less unless there's a very special caveat to it which FDJ isn't getting.
He's already on a wage deferment/wage cut an extra 40-50% cut is a significant amount of money to just give up knowing well he's due €40m in a season
Not even Scholes/Giggs/Keane would accept such offers if Utd were in turmoil

And yet he very much seems to be considering it otherwise we'd be in discussion personally with him and we are not. We haven't even managed to close out the full agreement with the club and the club can't convince him to leave either.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
And yet he very much seems to be considering it otherwise we'd be in discussion personally with him and we are not. We haven't even managed to close out the full agreement with the club and the club can't convince him to leave either.
Again how do you know this? How do you know that Ten Hag hasn't got some assurances? You truly do believe we're just going for a player knowing full well he doesn't want to come?? Plus if we're still negotiating with Barca over addons and fee structure, why would we be talking with de Jong? We'd have some kind of assurance that he's open to the move for us to be pushing this hard
You're free to believe what you want though, as are we i suppose

Rockets Redglare

Most these lads are still earning 10-12m even with 40-50% cut.

Hardly on the breadline.

Reality is they've just been astronomically overpaid in recent years.
So if you could live comfortably with a 40-50% pay cut and your boss came to you with that proposal you’d accept it?

RkkMan

Show me one reliable report in the media saying he's considering halfing his wages.
You literally posted a Fabrizio tweet saying he sees a wage cut as unlikely
I'm one of the few here trying to be reasonable with you but you're making it hard cherry picking lies or agendas that only suit your narrative
As for the fee it's just the add ons structure left which should not take much longer

redshaw

I'd be utterly amazed if Dembele, who's been looking for a better contract, accepts that.
I wouldn't be. I don't think the opportunities and clubs willing to pay close to what he wants is there at the moment.

Aye. I really my job, I’ve a part time gig as a carpenter at an open air museum, now if going into salary negotiations, my priority would be to stay there, it’s great.
If they wanted to drastically cut my salary though, I absolutely would desire finding a new work place.

You seem to think that because remaining would be my priority, I’d have no desire to work elsewhere, which obviously would not be the case, for anyone.

Keefy18

Again how do you know this? How do you know that Ten Hag hasn't got some assurances? You truly do believe we're just going for a player knowing full well he doesn't want to come?? Plus if we're still negotiating with Barca over addons and fee structure, why would we be talking with de Jong? We'd have some kind of assurance that he's open to the move for us to be pushing this hard
You're free to believe what you want though, as are we i suppose
So if you could live comfortably with a 40-50% pay cut and your boss came to you with that proposal you’d accept it?
Show me one reliable report in the media saying he's considering halfing his wages.
You literally posted a Fabrizio tweet saying he sees a wage cut as unlikely
I'm one of the few here trying to be reasonable with you but you're making it hard cherry picking lies or agendas that only suit your narrative
As for the fee it's just the add ons structure left which should not take much longer
Christ on a bike, you lot do not get it.

The club owner, Laporta has publicly demanded he take a pay cut or sod off... two freakin months into a transfer negotiation.

Where in that narrative does it seem like FDJ is chomping at the bit to leave Barca and join another club, much less one in that is a complete circus currently. It strongly suggests he is either A) attempting to strong arm them to cough up and make cuts elsewhere or B) considering the pay cut!

This is all before his own personal statements about wanting to stay put, lets ignore every single tier 1 reliable journalist stating he wants to stay and not leave!

Again, Malacia completed in 3-4 days, Martinez telling his club he wants to leave.

It's polar opposites.

Keefy18

Aye. I really my job, I’ve a part time gig as a carpenter at an open air museum, now if going into salary negotiations, my priority would be to stay there, it’s great.
If they wanted to drastically cut my salary though, I absolutely would desire finding a new work place.

You seem to think that because remaining would be my priority, I’d have no desire to work elsewhere, which obviously would not be the case, for anyone.
That's your priority, not his.

See the difference is, you've posted your priority instantly as you know what it is.

Our clubs are two months into a negotiation and FDJ has stated his priority is to stay put for two months solid.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

The club owner, Laporta has publicly demanded he take a pay cut or sod off... two freakin months into a transfer negotiation.

Where in that narrative does it seem like FDJ is chomping at the bit to leave Barca and join another club, much less one in that is a complete circus currently. It strongly suggests he is either A) attempting to strong arm them to cough up and make cuts elsewhere or B) considering the pay cut!

This is all before his own personal statements about wanting to stay put, lets ignore every single tier 1 reliable journalist stating he wants to stay and not leave!

Again, Malacia completed in 3-4 days, Martinez telling his club he wants to leave.

It's polar opposites.
And again you're completely disregarding the fact that pretty much ALL sources have said he doesn't want the pay cut, so how exactly could he be considering it?

I'm done though, you believe what you want, and i'll believe what i want. One of us will be right, and one of us will be wrong. Time will tell

RkkMan

It's polar opposites.
The narrative where FDJ doesn't have to PUBLICLY state his desire to leave a club he prefers to stay at. The pay cut or leave ultimatum is something that became news recently it wasn't a major report before.
You're making it seem like news that staying at Barca is his first option. You say that there's been nothing to suggest he wants to leave. Same way there's been nothing to suggest he WON'T leave if push comes to shove and that's where I'm saying you need to stop choosing one side of the coin when there's two.
You say he can either have his full money paid or take the pay cut none of those options will happen because
1. Barca don't have the money to pay his full wages unless they make drastic cuts elsewhere if they didn't do it for Messi they won't do it for FDJ
2. It's been reliably reported a pay cut is an UNLIKELY OPTION. He's not halfing his wages when he's already on a wage cut
If he chooses to stay without a wage cut it'll mean registering signings and paying their wages will be hard/impossible. That will immediately make him public enemy number 1 at Barcelona and the Catalan media won't hesitate to make his life difficult.
Something somewhere will have to MASSIVELY cave in for order to be achieved and the most realistic option that suits all parties still remains a departure

Bogga

Discussing contract terms happens at the HQ in London or could it happen in Manchester? If the ones responsible meets up with de Jongs agent in Manchester, why not get his contract done and dusted while he's there :)

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Discussing contract terms happens at the HQ in London or could it happen in Manchester? If the ones responsible meets up with de Jongs agent in Manchester, why not get his contract done and dusted while he's there :)
They most probably already have. Person terms will be no issue.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Because he clearly only cares about a club showing respect to HIM.

That’s what all players care about really, and FDJ has been seriously disrespected, I don’t think there’s a chance he takes the massive pay cut you suggest he might. He would‘ve joined PSG over Barça if that was suggested back then, and what’s changed? Barça are in a much worse state, Messi is gone and they treat their players like horse shit.
That's exactly what I wrote. There is no club in the world which treats his players with less respect than Barcelona. First deferring their salary, then trying to sell them despite the player wants to stay and finally trying to put all the blame to the player with crazy salary cuts, which won't pass any labour court. At the same time this cash strapped club is linked to almost every ongoing mega transfer.

Still FdJ doesn't come out and officially says he wants to get out and join United. Why? Only reason can be he really, really wants to stay despite all the shenanigans from Barcelona.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If you're fed up of a transfer saga you probably need to step away from this thread
I am thinking of cancelling my Netflix account and just spending my time here. Way more twists & turns, comedy, drama, meltdowns, hysteria and post-apocalyptic narratives than on Netflix.
And it's all free.

Man-United

Apparently FDJ was a big Barca fan as a kid so it would always be a problem getting him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Apparently FDJ was a big Barca fan as a kid so it would always be a problem getting him.
He seemed more than happy to ignore them in favour of some oil money in Paris before they showed him the cash though.

Sir Erik ten Hag

I am thinking of cancelling my Netflix account and just spending my time here. Way more twists & turns, comedy, drama, meltdowns, hysteria and post-apocalyptic narratives than on Netflix.
And it's all free.
Berbatov, Sneijder, Thiago, Vidal, Pogba, Griezmann, Sancho, De Jong... Our muppet sagas just never drop in quality. Meanwhile even Game of Thrones flopped towards the end. :wenger:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
And it's all free.
I'm looking forward to the unnecessarily long 8 episode documentary series on this saga

James35

And it's all free.
You forgot unbridled optimism and blind loyalty.

Zed 101

The difference between Utd, Barca and Real Madrid right now

Barcelona / Real Madrid;
"Our fans do not really love you, we will bench you lots, would rather play Spaniards and by the way we want you to take a 50% wage cut, I know we have a contract but it is the terrible league bosses they make us do it"
Player;
"Yes please I love you so much and whilst you are at it would you like to shove your foot up my butt?"

Man Utd;
"Please stay with us we will double your wages even though you are an atrocious waste of space and money!"
Player;
"I would rather eat £$£%"

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
So you truly believe that Ten Hag will just chase a player that he knows has no intention of ever joining us? Not sure if you're just trying to convince yourself or truly believe it.

There is no way he'd want us to push that hard if he was certain that de Jong wouldn't want to come! What would be the point in agreeing a fee, going through two months of negotiation just for de Jong to say "nah lads, feck off". Makes no sense! What do you expect de Jong to say? He's bigged up the fact that Barca are his dream club in the past, and he doesn't want to come across as money obsessed, so obviously he's going to say he wants to stay. Do you truly think he's going to come out and say "Feck Barca and their financial woes, i want out at the earliest opportunity!". Not a chance. Ronaldo on the other hand, it's all about him, he doesn't care. He's coming to the end of his career and has feck to lose.

Mock you all you like? I don't think i've seen one positive post from you at all.
Seeing as you seem to know all about this transfer, and everything thats going on behind closed doors with what FDJ has told ETH, you should whack quite a bit of cash on him staying at Barca... you know, put your money where your mouth is. You'll make a whole crap ton of money!

Do people truly think in this day and age clubs just bid for players with absolutely no idea of whether they'll join?
This is another case of football fans who think they are smarter than the professionals and based on no inside information. Its just projection on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.