Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
How the feck are they doing that when they can't even pay their existing players? I'm honestly at a loss.
Yeah, the same. They don't have money but they are planning to spend 200 mil on Raphinha, Silva and Lewa. Plus they will get huge contracts. Meanwhile, current players need to accept lower salaries.
Ok, wtf?!!

Godfather

Yeah, the same. They don't have money but they are planning to spend 200 mil on Raphinha, Silva and Lewa. Plus they will get huge contracts. Meanwhile, current players need to accept lower salaries.
Ok, wtf?!!
Pure insanity. They are using "lever" after "lever" to survive yet have no problem splashing insane amounts of cash every transfer window.

M4YON

We need RW and presence striker I reckon
Sorry, that wasn't my opinion Lockhurst reported and Sport had an exclusive, both said we want 5 transfers and named our 5th as a Flexible forward. De Jong, Martinez, Malacia and Eriksen being the other 4 players.

I agree though we could definitely do with a striker.

croadyman

Sorry, that wasn't my opinion Lockhurst reported and Sport had an exclusive, both said we want 5 transfers and named our 5th as a Flexible forward. De Jong, Martinez, Malacia and Eriksen being the other 4 players.

I agree though we could definitely do with a striker.
Like I said in the thread shouldn't turn our noses up at players like Belotti in that role, same with someone like Mitrovic

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Pure insanity. They are using "lever" after "lever" to survive yet have no problem splashing insane amounts of cash every transfer window.
They remind me of an irresponsible teenager who has just applied for their first credit card, maxed it out then got another and another and another whilst continuously saying to themselves "i'll sort it out next year" or "i'll just flog some of my stuff to pay for the next bill"

HalfBaked22

Telling someone who just proposed to their girlfriend that they are going to have to take a 40% pay cut isn't going to go over well.

croadyman

I actually think we should be turning our noses up at players who most likely aren't good enough. We shouldn't be signing people just to sign people.
So you don't think our attack needs that option

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Telling someone who just proposed to their girlfriend that they are going to have to take a 40% pay cut isn't going to go over well.
To be fair neither is telling her we are moving from Barcelona to Manchester.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well we've got Martial back :nervous:

In all seriousness though, would love to see Mejibri or someone like that break through. He is ready IMO.
Mejbri is a midfielder, Garnacho hopefully breaks through, but having a 37 year old Ronaldo (who seems like he wants to leave) as no 9 and injury-prone Martial as backup is worrying.

diarm

Not to mention the cash the poor lad is shelling out for storage at the moment, having spent 3 weeks clearing out that bloody locker.

I hear that extension they're planning at Carrington is largely just to fit all the stuff.

laughtersassassin

Malacia/De Jong/Lindelof/VDB agent again at Carrington today.

Supposedly not working on Malacia deal so hopefully it's for De Jong.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
CF is included in the spine...
Well let's gloss over that fact for a bit :nervous:

Anyway our offense should improve tenfold when we get to have a functioning midfield and defense, I wouldn't have any problems with us waiting a year to address it if we fix those 2 areas first.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Well let's gloss over that fact for a bit :nervous:

Anyway our offense should improve tenfold when we get to have a functioning midfield and defense, I wouldn't have any problems with us waiting a year to address it if we fix those 2 areas first.
Even if Ronaldo leaves? And considering we don't have a RW?

Status
Not open for further replies.