Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!

izec

Would laugh if Chelsea or Liverpool just swoop in for him :lol:
Liverpool dont need him, they have Thiago and want the more energetic Monaco lad.

Chelsea could be, but they have 2 playmakers, would think they would go for a different type of midfielder. Plus They have that Palace midfielder coming back from loan.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Because Barca needs money.

And apart from already having Busquests, who is better and more important in their DM role. They also have 2 very young and talented midfielders - Pedri and Gavi (their new Xavi and Iniesta). Which means they are not desperate to keep him.
I'd absolutely love to have him here. My only concern is that if he's being forced out for financial reasons, it would worry me as I'm not sure how motivated he would be playing for us. I'm aware that not every player who moves to a club does so because they're superfans of that club. I've just been burnt too many times over the last decade with transfers at this club.

Get the vibe that he's being shopped around because they need him off their wage bill, as opposed to him wanting to come here.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Didn't they sign Torres for like £55m in the summer? I know they're apparently struggling financially, but I never quite know what to believe with these lot.

Also, if they're shunting him out due to financial reasons, I don't particularly like that. I mean, how eager is he to play for us if that's the case. I know I'm jaded.
Fair concerns, but I think a lot more is made of it than what actually goes on. Many will point to Di Maria as an example, but there were a lot of factors surrounding his failed time here.

I think they had a loan which helped them get Ferran.. I'm not too sure.

BerryBerryShrew

I 100% believe that we have the edge on this transfer on every potential buyer except Citeh and Bayern due to the ETH connection (including Chelsea and PSG).

We might still beat Bayern as he may prefer to play in a more prestigious league (and they also may not match his current wage). Hopefully Citeh aren't interested but as we know they could easily sign him just to stop us getting him.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
The De Ligt and De Jong rumours are getting me excited. :D

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
Sancho should rename to De Sancho

Superden

this cant all be resolved in a day or two, we need this to sustain us muppets through the whole summer...

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To summarise.
  • De Jong would prefer to stay at Barca but if they try to force him out he'll make a move but preferably to a CL side
  • Barca have enough players in midfield that they could manage without him given the likes of Gavi and Pedri coming through and Kessie signing on a free
  • Barca need the money, he has 2 years left on his contract and he's one of the only players they could get decent money for (excluding the la masia prospects)
  • City have distanced themselves from a move
  • United are interested but he'd need convincing to go to a side in either the Europa or Conference league
I think the only real thing that points in our favour are that his high wages and the high transfer fee may put off other clubs. His wages are reportedly £200k a week after tax which would be roughly £365k per week before tax in the UK. At most top sides that's either towards the higher end of the wage structure (e.g. DDG and KDB) or above their wage structure (e.g. Liverpool or Arsenal).

If he doesn't want to lower his wage demands significantly then we might be his only choice as I doubt Bayern would match it, Juve won't be able to afford it (and could just sign Pogba on a free instead) and possibly even PSG may not be keen if they give Mpabbe a crazy renewal.
Just like to point out I think myself and @Damien posted pretty much this a while ago. I shall be posting my CV to the telegraph in due course for other such exclusives in the future.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Can we conclude this already??

I've just started a new ML save in PES and don't want to sign and play with Frenkie if he betrays us.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
Bring back De Jong (Nigel) and that is a proper Van midfield.

Mainoldo

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
McFred would be straight back in the team if we are going to have Bruno in the middle.

Superden

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
after all that transfer action, wed still be left needing a RW. plus ca change.

izec

this cant all be resolved in a day or two, we need this to sustain us muppets through the whole summer...
Think it is better to get this done asap, before other clubs realise they could do with him.

Muppets can go to someone else.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Liverpool dont need him, they have Thiago and want the more energetic Monaco lad.

Chelsea could be, but they have 2 playmakers, would think they would go for a different type of midfielder. Plus They have that Palace midfielder coming back from loan.
Yeah you'd hope they stop stockpiling on midfielders. I mean, Liverpool's Curtis Jones is a superb talent in my opinion and despite having him, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita floating around they just got Thiago in anyway. And now they want Tchouameni :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
All that work and still no actual defensive midfielder in sight.

DanClancy

Seems a bit pricey for a lad with 2 years left on his contract and who's not set the world alight in 3 years at Barca. I can't see United paying him £350k a week either.

Blood Mage

I'm very close to saying this is on like donkey kong. It's certainly gathering pace.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I'd absolutely love to have him here. My only concern is that if he's being forced out for financial reasons, it would worry me as I'm not sure how motivated he would be playing for us. I'm aware that not every player who moves to a club does so because they're superfans of that club. I've just been burnt too many times over the last decade with transfers at this club.

Get the vibe that he's being shopped around because they need him off their wage bill, as opposed to him wanting to come here.
Totally understand your concern, but let’s hope ETH would convince him playing his best football here. Afterall there must be level of trust between them.

gajender

Seems a bit pricey for a lad with 2 years left on his contract and who's not set the world alight in 3 years at Barca. I can't see United paying him £350k a week either.
His contract is till 2026 and if he is the primary target for Midfield then I can certainly see United Paying £350k a week if that's whats needed to put it over the line .

KeanoMagicHat

Some of the people that don’t seem to rate him or not worth the money, I think he could sign Salah De Bruyne and Kanté and people would complain, they’re so emotionally moralised from previous United signings.

DickDastardly

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
Loving this.

De Sancho De Nunez De Lingard

------------------- De Bruno ----------------
---- De Jong ---- De Beek --------

De Shaw ----- De Ligt --- De Varane ---- De Bissaka
---------------------- De Gea --------------

Waiting for De Lingard lovers.....

dove

Frenkie De Jong 'wanting to stay' is just PR. It's what big clubs say when they have to sell main players for financial reasons. Messi also 'Wanted to stay'.
Yes, or we will have another Di Maria situation, who knows really. He is constantly talking how he loves playing for Barca and wanting to stay there forever after all, hard to see why would he want to move to us after the season we just had, apart from being forced.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes and I answered this with Tchouameni/Rice/Mukiele.

Realistically though i'm not sure we will get another big name in midfield this window, so Fred can do a decent job next to him.
How is Fred going to do decent job if he's being assigned to sit deep? Fred performs at his best at no 8 role. FDJ doesn't like to stay deep all the time, he needs to be given freedom to roam, basically license to take the ball in deep area and also carry the ball forward.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes, or we will have another Di Maria situation, who knows really. He is constantly talking how he loves playing for Barca and wanting to stay there forever after all, hard to see why would he want to move to us after the season we just had, apart from being forced.
The Di Maria situation only panned out as it did because Van Gaal and him fell out completely and they were complete opposites in terms of what they do/want on a football pitch.

De Jong had his best ever season with Ten Hag, so that wouldn't be an issue IMO. Plenty of times players move to clubs when they didn't want to leave in the first place and it works out fine. I don't think it'd be an issue at all with De Jong at United with Ten Hag, but the main thing is I just don't see it happening in the first place. If Barca are actually going to sell him, I think City swoop in as it just makes sense from their POV.

Withnail

More money, more ambitious owners, and it could be a choice between UEFA Conference League and no Europe.

I can see how players will be attracted to their project, particularly given the recovery they've been on post-January window.
Yeah I can see how a bottom half to mid-table club with no European football at all would be a bigger draw than Manchester United :houllier:

VanDeBank

Ma’am

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
If you want to make "De Team", you could add Malacia at LB and Ziyech RW.
Too bad Mazraoui has agreed with Bayern, IMO the only ED player that would walk into our team.

Wasn't it ESPN who were the early ones to report we were full steam ahead Ten Hag?
The Dutch branch of ESPN broadcasts the league and has staff that are ITK with the Dutch clubs and their staff/players. One of the post match interviewers is ETH's ex teammate, for example.

This FDJ has been breaking from the Spanish side of things and ESPN are notoriously unreliable in general.

Woodzy

Di Maria was a vile creature that downed tools as soon as he decided he didn't like it here. A player's character will have a lot to do with whether they succeed at a club, and United may not be De Jong's 'dream' move but it doesn't mean he's not the type to give 100% if he joins.

Posh Red

The Di Maria situation only panned out as it did because Van Gaal and him fell out completely and they were complete opposites in terms of what they do/want on a football pitch.

De Jong had his best ever season with Ten Hag, so that wouldn't be an issue IMO. Plenty of times players move to clubs when they didn't want to leave in the first place and it works out fine. I don't think it'd be an issue at all with De Jong at United with Ten Hag, but the main thing is I just don't see it happening in the first place. If Barca are actually going to sell him, I think City swoop in as it just makes sense from their POV.
I don’t think it makes sense for City at all.

Member 101269

Sancho——Nunez——New RW
——————Bruno———————
———De Jong——VDB————-
LB——De Ligt——Varane——RB
——————De Gea———————

De Team!
Ajax the united feeder club!

Status
Not open for further replies.