Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
You've answered your own question in that post. FdJ is playing this very intelligently. Basically, letting the clubs decide his fate. This way whatever happens he remains squeaky clean and doesn't break his relationship with either club.
Don't know about you but I prefer to have my future in my own hands rather some 3rd parties deciding it.

I find it interesting, that most of you take it for granted Frenkie already decided to leave so long he gets his deffered wages sorted out. I mean is there any statement or behavior from him that suggests something like that? Yes, the clubs negotiate for weeks now, but in my opinion it doesn't necessarily mean he decided already, but keeping his options open.
Many players say or give at least a hint in that direction if they have decided to leave, while Frenkie acts as nothing is happening around him a few days short of his start in barca's pre season. Probably he is now sitting at home and humming:
Darling you''ve got to let me know, should I stay or should I go (...)
Should I stay or should I go now (...)

For me, its a total 50-50 at this point.
Talk about only seeing one side of this which is the side you want to see. :lol:
NO, the majority, in fact the vast majority of posters in here understand that to stay at Barcelona and be paid as per his contracted terms would clearly be his main priority.

What most people also believe (and has been reported by good sources) though is that rather than get screwed over by Barcelona for the money they owe him and take another pay cut, he would likely prefer to leave the club and not accept being treated like a piece of shit.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Frenkie has no choice but to find new club, but at the same time before he is being sold by Barcelona that he wants to make sure Barcelona pays everything what they owe him. It's all depends on Barcelona if they can pay it.
Of course he has a choice and that is to stay and demand every penny of his contract, no matter what Laporta wants. Dembele also did this in january, while barca pushed hard to sell him and nothing happened. Dembele even became the most important player during the seasons second half. Barca can pay Frenkie the €19m gross, but they simply dont want to, because they dont value him that high to earn double of Pedri, Araujo, Fati and Gavi. And this would mean the end of dreams like B. Silva, who fits way better in Xavi ball than Frenkie.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Don't know about you but I prefer to have my future in my own hands rather some 3rd parties deciding it.
It is in his own hands. If Barca pay him enough he’ll leave. If they don’t he’ll stay and collect the 88m he’s owed fecking up any chance they have to make these precious signings they’ve lined up. He’s happy to stay - it’s Barca that want him gone - they need to incentivise it for him.

Teja

Or it could be PSG want to sell and they're using us to drum up interest.
Fine by us too I assume. I think we should actually start talking to the player as a backup plan anyway. Gets the rumor mill really going.

I assume this gets harder to do as time goes by. Bilva is a pretty important player for City and they'd need to find a replacement for him too.

It is in his own hands. If Barca pay him enough he’ll leave. If they don’t he’ll stay and collect the 88m he’s owed fecking up any chance they have to make these precious signings they’ve lined up. He’s happy to stay - it’s Barca that want him gone - they need to incentivise it for him.
B Munich has been struggling for the past 24 hrs to understand that FDJ holds all the cards here.
He’s absolutely happy to stay on 17m /year, delighted I’d imagine.
If they want his wages off the books they have to make it worthwhile for him.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Life is complicated. The decision is ultimately in his own hands.

However, it's not an ideal choice either way with Barcelona's financial issues. He either stays without the blessings of his present club or goes where he's desperately wanted.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Barca can pay Frenkie the €19m gross, but they simply dont want to, because they dont value him that high to earn double of Pedri, Araujo, Fati and Gavi.
I think again you are mixing up gross and net here. If the deferred wages of the last 2 years are included into his salary starting upcoming season he will earn definitely more than 19m Euro gross.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Fine by us too I assume. I think we should actually start talking to the player as a backup plan anyway. Gets the rumor mill really going.
I'm happy with him if we are in contact, and he would absolutely improve the team. There's no reason at all why we can't go after him whilst still working on FdJ.

I still think de Jong will happen and see no reason as to why it won't. There's a wage issue and lots of crap being spread in the media, most of which people choose to believe for some reason. Just give it time and see what happens.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course he has a choice and that is to stay and demand every penny of his contract, no matter what Laporta wants. Dembele also did this in january, while barca pushed hard to sell him and nothing happened. Dembele even became the most important player during the seasons second half. Barca can pay Frenkie the €19m gross, but they simply dont want to, because they dont value him that high to earn double of Pedri, Araujo, Fati and Gavi. And this would mean the end of dreams like B. Silva, who fits way better in Xavi ball than Frenkie.
Frenkie preference choice was always to stay, so it was always down to Barcelona decision if they want to sell or no, if they do then pay his full wages as per the contract term. Barcelona must pay Frenkie the money because that's part of the contract the club and the player had agreed. Not following the contract term is basically breaking the rule and being unprofessional, meaning scumbag. You don't want Barcelona to operate like scumbag don't you?

AndySmith1990

I'm happy with him if we are in contact, and he would absolutely improve the team. There's no reason at all why we can't go after him whilst still working on FdJ.

I still think de Jong will happen and see no reason as to why it won't. There's a wage issue and lots of crap being spread in the media, most of which people choose to believe for some reason. Just give it time and see what happens.
The problem with giving it time and seeing what happens is, if we ultimately don't end up signing him we then start a new season with a pathetically weak midfield. It's a huge gamble to take, pinning all our hopes on this one signing

I think again you are mixing up gross and net here. If the deferred wages of the last 2 years are included into his salary starting upcoming season he will earn definitely more than 19m Euro gross.
No he won’t.

He had a five-year deal on 13 million a year basic. That’s 65m over the 5 years.

Reports say he (after the first year) signed a new 6 year deal to receive 3 million for year 1, between 6-9m for year 2 (so we’ll take 9m in our example), then 17m for years 3-5 and 18m for year 6.

That over the 6 years is 3 + 9 + 51 + 18 = 81m.

81 /6 seasons = 13.5m year (around his original contract)

Dannn411

This deal looks dead in the water IMO. Time to move on. I'd be fine with Paredes and Neves honestly. They're hardly star names but they are still many levels above Fred and Mctominay.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
It seems straight enough for me. Even with money out of the equation, Barca are a much more coveted club than us in the recent years. They're in the CL whereas we are not. Apparently, he just bought a house there and his family likes the city. Manchester is not exactly a city these multi-millionaires have in mind.
Barca are a mess. They are not going to win the CL anymore than we are currently and he could happily holiday in his new Barca house if that is true. More to it than that.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
B Munich has been struggling for the past 24 hrs to understand that FDJ holds all the cards here.
Yup. It’s a fairly simple situation and all boils down to money Barcelona owe him. Suspect everything will happen once these 2nd levers get added. We haven’t had a single update from anyone reliable since Ornstein and Stone said we’d agreed a deal in principle but that there were significant barriers and it wasn’t happening imminently. Everything since is just shitty papers making up noise for clicks.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Orioldomenech was always the best source when it came to Frenkie. When he writes Frenkie earns €19m from now on, I believe him. And no I don't believe it's net, even deffered it would be ridiculous. (Although you have to expect everything from Bartomeus last acts as president of course.)
I have no permission link this tweet.

DickDastardly

15th is the day we sign him.

Tomorrow the spanish papers start talking about Barca's debt and Frenkies anger....tuesday it's ETH only wants him....aaaaand friday it's here we go.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This deal looks dead in the water IMO. Time to move on. I'd be fine with Paredes and Neves honestly. They're hardly star names but they are still many levels above Fred and Mctominay.
What gives you the impression it's dead in the water? Some reports in Spain from less than reputable sources that no reliable UK journos have confirmed or backed up?

If it was dead, we'd know fairly quickly

Sparky Rhiwabon

Barca are a mess. They are not going to win the CL anymore than we are currently and he could happily holiday in his new Barca house if that is true. More to it than that.
Exactly - EasyJet fly out of Manchester direct to Barcelona and, with the wages we’d be paying him, Speedy Boarding would even be an option

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
would you suggest we… walk away?

Plant0x84

Who knows how far we've even gone?

Nobody knows shit.

Truth is, nobody outside of United and Barca representatives really know what's going on. People have just thrown together little tid-bits of info here and there off random journos and twitter clowns, and made up a whole fecking pantomime.
The tier 1/2 journos have links to the club and agents. For sure there is a lot of misleading bs around this deal, but We have enough reliable info to get a solid idea of what’s going on.

frostbite

I am reading here that Barca owes de Jong 17 million in past wages. How and why did de Jong accept this? This is a huge amount that he can invest or whatever. Basically it is grounds for him to just leave for free because of breach of contract by Barca. The whole thing sounds ridiculous, perhaps because there are details that I don't know about. Does anyone know more? Can you point me to an article that explains the whole situation?

I am reading here that Barca owes de Jong 17 million in past wages. How and why did de Jong accept this? This is a huge amount that he can invest or whatever. Basically it is grounds for him to just leave for free because of breach of contract by Barca. The whole thing sounds ridiculous, perhaps because there are details that I don't know about. Does anyone know more?
It wasn’t breach of contract.

At the height of the Covid pandemic when Barcelona FC were on their knees the player agreed to renegotiate his deal so that he received 17 million less for those two Covid years and that the 17 million would then be made up in his wage packet during years 3 to 6.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
From a pure legal point of view you are surely right. But there is more than just the legal side, it's the human side as FdJ isn't a robot.

I just doubt that a young player who still has his best years to come, wants to stay and play in a toxic atmosphere where everybody in the club will make him feel unwanted in order to get him to leave eventually (or take the pay cut).
Even many of his fellow team members, who are on our accepted lower wages, won't have much sympathy for FdJ who is earning double or more than them.

Of course I might be wrong here but if I would be FdJ I would at least consider that possibility.
Not everybody is as thick skinned as Bale who wasted the last years of his career on the bench of Madrid just so he can get his huge pay check.

frostbite

It wasn’t breach of contract.

At the height of the Covid pandemic when Barcelona FC were on their knees the player agreed to renegotiate his deal so that he received 17 million less for those two Covid years and that the 17 million would then be made up in his wage packet during years 3 to 6.
This is totally different! What you are saying is that he restructured his wages. So Barca owes him nothing in past wages.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Barca can pay it but dob't want to? And you have no problem with that? It's like you signing a contract with your boss and then after a year he startd paying you half your contract because he feels like it.

FC Barcelona are a disgrace of a football club. Laporta treated Koeman like shit as well and he was a club legend. If Barca's fans would have any dignity they would chase Laporta away from their club after being such a disgrace time after time. That man has no integrity and it's come to the point where he turns the club Barcelona into a club with no integrity. There's absolutely no class left in Barcelona.

I just doubt that a young player who still has his best years to come, wants to stay and play in a toxic atmosphere where everybody in the club will make him feel unwanted in order to get him to leave eventually (or take the pay cut).
Even many of his fellow team members, who are on our accepted lower wages, won't have much sympathy for FdJ who is earning double or more than them.
Well that’s just nonsense as we already saw with Dembele when they didn’t get to sell him in January.

You’re making up some stupid nonsense scenario where De Jong is getting paid more than the others which simply isn’t true; because of his renegotiated contract he will be getting paid around 13 million per year for the length of his deal.
Do you really think any of the Barcelona players gave a shit whilst many of them were earning over 100,000 more a week than him for the past two seasons?

If the player stays there is simply no way he is going to be left out in the cold (just like Dembele wasn’t), not only is he too good for that, he’s helped the club out massively during Covid yet you’re trying to make it seem as though he’d be looked at badly, because you’ve been fooled by Laporta’s utter dogshit spin. All leaving him out in the cold would do is reduce his value, it aint happening.

if he stays he will remain an important member of the first team, not least because he’ll be highly paid, or his quality, but also because they will not be able to add to the squad as they hope.

This is totally different! What you are saying is that he restructured his wages. So Barca owes him nothing in past wages.
Appears that way legally, but no-one knows what clauses exist in the contract for early termination.
Either way the player is happy to stay on the current wage so Barcelona will have to heavily incentivise him to leave if they want him of the books.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
No he won’t.

He had a five-year deal on 13 million a year basic. That’s 65m over the 5 years.

Reports say he (after the first year) signed a new 6 year deal to receive 3 million for year 1, between 6-9m for year 2 (so we’ll take 9m in our example), then 17m for years 3-5 and 18m for year 6.

That over the 6 years is 3 + 9 + 51 + 18 = 81m.

81 /6 seasons = 13.5m year (around his original contract)
If true and FdJ is their highest earner. How can they get to the reported 570 million Euro wage bill?
I don't have any inside but at Barcelona nothing adds up or makes any sense.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I can’t recall the last time a drawn out transfer saga like this concluded with us getting the player. Sancho excepted because he ended up coming in a different window.

Either this really is the start of a new era or it was dead weeks ago.
Pogba. Thread was longer than this one too (i think people were celebrating when it reached 1000 pages and it wasn’t even done yet by then) while the caf had less posters than now. Juve were a bitch to deal with and Raiola wanted big agent fees. there were alot of rollercoaster tweets.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Great, now we're going for PSG's 28-year-old backup midfielder.
Caf: We should walk away, he doesn’t want to come, it’s off, why haven’t we got other targets? We should leak other midfield players etc….

United link to other midfielders

Caf: oh god not him, he’s shite. No thanks

Never fecking happy.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Yes, and you will also see VDB, Christian Eriksen, Hannibal, James Garner, Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage amongst others.
Oh great, we'll win 6 leagues with those now.

One could see from the beginning of this transfer of FDJ that he didn't want to come here as he wants CL football - i had said this at the time.

This transfer has been an embarassment for the club and all the fans.

Barcelona are a deceitful club and led us by the nose.

Get Ruben Neves.

If true and FdJ is their highest earner. How can they get to the reported 570 million Euro wage bill?
I don't have any inside but at Barcelona nothing adds up or makes any sense.
That includes Messi and Coutinho money right? And something like 400m of deferred wages.

They are a mess, but make no mistake, De Jong helped them out massively during Covid, how many players at other clubs, after being there just one year would accept almost 200k /week less wages for a year?

And make no mistake here, De Jong’s new contract guarantees him 260k euros /week for the duration of the 6 year contract. It’s look bad on the salary sheet now though, due to saving so much on his past two seasons.
No one in the club is looking at him as a mercenary when his salary is something we would expect for any top player at any top club. 260k /week just isn’t very high with today’s wages.

And to be fair, if they reimburse him the 17m from the past two seasons of shit pay and ask him then to take a slightly lower wage, I’d imagine he’d consider it. But by all accounts they want him to basically write off the last two years which is fecking disgusting and then also take a wage reduction.
It’s no surprise he’s told them feck off.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Letting Barca sign a load of new players while they still owe this guy money is an utter disgrace from the governing bodies.
They are just writing checks they cannot cash and they also cannot register any new players either. This is why they are busy trying to sell portions of TV rights.

It’s a disgrace that La Liga allows the big clubs to sell their own TV rights instead of collectively licensing them to benefit smaller clubs like the premier league does. Other clubs would straight up boycott if the top 6 in England were allowed to do so.

Plant0x84

Oh great, we'll win 6 leagues with those now.

One could see from the beginning of this transfer of FDJ that he didn't want to come here as he wants CL football - i had said this at the time.

This transfer has been an embarassment for the club and all the fans.

Barcelona are a deceitful club and led us by the nose.

Get Ruben Neves.
Ah yes, the golden child. The cafs darling. A player some are as fixated with as bloody bissouma or that lad that ended up at Villa on a free.
Sorry but, ironically, if neves moves he ends up at Barcelona.

Status
Not open for further replies.