Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Banter how Romano's reliability goes up when it's negative news :lol:

He's just copying what was reported in Spain yesterday. He's basically an aggregator

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I do enjoy the 'time to move on lads' posts. As if the general consensus on here dictates if we're chasing a player or not.

What login is Murtough?

MUFC OK

Romano has been the least informed and most active on this transfer to be honest.
You just know he has "here we go" templates saved in his drafts and notifications on the likes of Ornstein/Stones tweets, though.

romufc

Romano knows absolutely feck all. That becomes clearer each passing day.
He is actually becoming very annoying. Literally given us no new updates. He is really struggling this summer on transfers. Its becoming very boring from him, stop rewording the tweet and re posting every couple of days.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've said it for feckin weeks and tagged as negative and a wum and non supporter.

Time to move on now, sadly we don't seem to have a single alternate lined up and we've fecked out all scouting targets lined up over the last year.

You can't see the game that is being played, stop taking everything at face value.

Barca want FDJ to leave without getting paid the money they owe him. FDJ clearly isn't allowing that to happen.

FDJ has all the power. If Barca want him off the books then they need to agree to his terms. He has a contract and can refuse to move anywhere. If he stays then Barca will be forced to pay him even more from next year.

Why can't you understand that instead of getting silly? Barca will HAVE to cave in, they have no leverage.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Well it seems Barcelona are trying to scare him into accepting a pay cut by 'threatening' to sell him. We're used as the leverage on their behalf.

It's possible that De Jong is doing the same thing back to them. Telling EtH that he's wanting to sign, while telling Barca that he's no intention of leaving or accepting a pay cut. Eventually they will have to pay him what he's wanting and he gets to stay while, again, we're used as leverage.
If the relationship between ten Hag and de Jong is as good as people say it is, then no, he won't do that. It's also important to note that his agent has players at the club, he needs to maintain a good relationship with us for that matter.

Keefy18

Aaaaaand here comes the caf meltdown.

I'll call back later when things have calmed down and people see this is Romano just keeping the story relevent why nothing much is happening
TBF, I and a small minority called it.

Every statement from his camp stated he didn't want to leave Barca. He'll take the pay cut I reckon and stay put.

Speaks volumes of the "drawing power" of ETH.

saivet

This is absolutely correct. He's got an army of United fans following him now looking for updates and he knows that he's literally got them hanging on his every word.
If he can say it's stalling, he gets more people asking for updates hoping for good news.
More updates = more traffic, much better for him. Wish people would actually see that.

How much has Romano actually been correct about on this? I've not been through all his tweets but it looks like he doesn't know as much as people think he does on this. He's said the same stuff pretty much daily now for weeks, just worded differently
To be fair, there haven't been any meaningful updates from anyone. It's clearly a slow moving transfer and any updates we've had recently from most journalist has just been rehashing old info.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You can't see the game that is being played, stop taking everything at face value.

Barca want FDJ to leave without getting paid the money they owe him. FDJ clearly isn't allowing that to happen.

FDJ has all the power. If Barca want him off the books then they need to agree to his terms.

Why can't you understand that instead of getting silly?
He wants to justify his negativitiy with any negative tweet that comes out.

Can anyone here actually find out or see how long Romano has been pumping out this same narrative? It has to be over 3 or 4 weeks now. He's never had any new info, or new info he does have is reported after the guys in Spain mention it, which he conveniently "confirms". I do believe he has contacts, but on this one, he's literally copying and pasting

OmarUnited4ever

I've said it for feckin weeks and tagged as negative and a wum and non supporter.

Time to move on now, sadly we don't seem to have a single alternate lined up and we've fecked out all scouting targets lined up over the last year.

Genuine question.

Could this be a tactic deployed by player & agent to force Barca into paying the deferred wages?

The tweet does state that De Jong does not want to accept any salary reduction.

Keefy18

FDJ has all the power. If Barca want him off the books then they need to agree to his terms.

Why can't you understand that instead of getting silly?
Barca are playing games sure, doesn't mean FDJ is.

His camp have repeatedly stated he doesn't want to leave.

The continuation of mental gymnastics is ridiculous at this point.

Reminds me of this... "It's still good".

BarstoolProphet

We might not get him in the end, but this clearly is a negotiation tactic. I mean the agent, Ali Dursun, has established contact with United a long time ago due to him representing Lindelöf. He even did deals with United this summer in the form of Malacia. Even if he officially has informed United of FDJ's stance, I bet he at the same time has told the club what's really going on. I mean, the club would never have sent Arnold and Murtough on a public trip to Barcelona if they knew they were chasing a player that doesn't want to be chased.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Romano is a transfer reporter for those anonymous twitter accounts of twelve year old kids with footballers as their profile picture.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
TBF, I and a small minority called it.

Every statement from his camp stated he didn't want to leave Barca. He'll take the pay cut I reckon and stay put.

Speaks volumes of the "drawing power" of ETH.
You're literally picking the negative news from United's perspective and believing that. The update says he doesn't want to take a pay cut, so how could you possibly read that update and think thats the outcome, other than pessimism?

RkkMan

This is absolutely correct. He's got an army of United fans following him now looking for updates and he knows that he's literally got them hanging on his every word.
If he can say it's stalling, he gets more people asking for updates hoping for good news.
More updates = more traffic, much better for him. Wish people would actually see that.

How much has Romano actually been correct about on this? I've not been through all his tweets but it looks like he doesn't know as much as people think he does on this. He's said the same stuff pretty much daily now for weeks, just worded differently
Romano has NEVER mentioned once about the deferred salary in any of his FDJ updates which is why I`m not fussing over his latest update yet. The journalists closer to clubs like Ducker, Stone, Whitwell, Fernando Polo, Luis Rojo, Oriol Domenech and the likes are the ones to trust because they have the FULL truth.Romano has a part of it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Sounds a bit like the new economic levers have bought (literally) Barca more time/freedom to act in the market. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with FdJ agreeing to defer payments owed even further. It is so obvious that he wants to stay at Barcelona above all else, I'm sure he'll be willing to continue waiting out on payments to ensure that.

Barcelona are going to need to massively change their tact towards FdJ for this move to happen/actively move him on, which there's no real sign publicly they're looking to do.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Imagine BCN telling you to take a permanent paycut so they can pay Lewandowski and Raphinha €300-500k pw! Then still wanting to play for this virus.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Drawn out transfer sagas are nothing new, doesn't mean they are remotely similar situations. Fabregas was a disaster from the get go, almost as bad as going after Bale, yet Moyes insisted that those were the players he wanted and he preferred sticking with those two targets until it was done and dusted. What the feck makes you think Frenkie doesn't want to join? The prospect isn't that fecking bad, it's his former manager from Ajax and we're one of the biggest clubs in the world and the league is probably the most competitive league at the moment, if he was against joining us we wouldn't have negotiated with Barcelona over a fee.
How you feeling about this 10 days on?

Also:

This is looking more and more like the Fabregas pursuit.

pauldyson1uk

Yes.

This is such a weird thing though. Just because he'd prefer Barca to us doesn't mean he doesn't want to join us. It's like, I work in economy and I recently accepted a better job offer. Doesn't mean that I don't want to complete my remaining 3 months in my current job and do my best. Also doesn't mean that I wouldn't love to take over say Matt Judge's job. Very few people are in their literal dream job and very few players are in their literal dream club, but doesn't mean people aren't motivated and thriving just because there's a better job for them out there.

I think it comes down to professionalism / who you are. People will say Di Maria failed at United because he'd rather be in Real Madrid or somewhere else, but I think it has something to do with his general attitude rather than the fact that he wasn't in his dream club.
Cheers.
Very good explanation.

Joseunited

Panic merchants out in force.why would 2 of our senior figures be in Spain sorting out a transfer if we didn't think we could get him?
He's coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.