g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Ducker: "MUFC was given the green light from FDJ's camp to keep negotiating the deal"

Stone: "FDJ doesn't want to leave without a deal sorted"

Romano: "I never said he didn't want to join MUFC"

Redcafe: "This is embarrassing, why are we chasing a player that hates MUFC"

:houllier: :houllier:
Because Sport said it. The paper that went through 48 different angles of this transfer in the span of 24 hours

Man-United

And how do you know he doesn't want to come for certain?
Going by twitter reports? The same reports that also say he doesn't want to leave because of the huge wages Barca owe him?

Picking and chosing what you want to believe. Yep sounds right
I know as much as you do. It's all speculation which is what a forum is much about.

George The Best

They don't owe him any money it seems, you are missing the latest narrative. It seems FdJ signed a contract where most of his deferred wages are actually written into his contract as payments that will come later in his contract as part of his wage structure. He and his agent believe they are due that if he is sold, Barca view is that they owe him nothing legally, he took a deal with no protections for if he was sold. If this is the case then he and his agent were foolish to sign
Not as simple as that though is it? They can’t force him to leave as he is sat on a legally binding contract. He is within his rights to just sit there and be paid his inflated new salary. If Barca want him out they need to reach an acceptable compromise.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I think this’ll it get done but it’s obvious Barca pushed him out - the callous cnuts. Though I’m not getting Di Maria vibes - we had van gaal whom had no idea how to use him and a bunch of other reasons that aren’t similar to de Jong

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
They fly out on tour today so I expect some big news
Don't hold your breath. He's still under contract with them, they're also playing hardball over deferred wages, so him going on tour wouldn't mean much. You can expect a proper meltdown in here if he does, though

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They fly out on tour today so I expect some big news
If de Jong is left behind then i think he'll have to accept that his Barca career is over and that there is likely no way back for him.
From there on, it should be pretty quick.

If he goes, its not the end of the saga, as, you know, private aircraft exist and he can get back quickly.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Don't hold your breath. He's still under contract with them, they're also playing hardball over deferred wages, so him going on tour wouldn't mean much. You can expect a proper meltdown in here if he does, though
By all accounts, Barca have told him he's not going on tour with them, so lets see if they stick to that

MinGin

Ducker: "MUFC was given the green light from FDJ's camp to keep negotiating the deal"

People's thinking always be a binary system.
"FDJ don't want to leave" is not equal to "FDJ refuses/hates to join us".
I don't think we are still chasing him if he don't want to join us after ETH talked with him.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

This should be printed out and daily copies sent to the homes of every red cafe user until this is sorted. The issue is that he wants the money that he’s owed. That’s it.

sillwuka

Would be so disappointing if this goes all the way to deadline day and when we miss out on him and have no time to secure a 2nd/3rd choice. Hope it doesn't pan out like that!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'd be really surprised if he went on their tour, the way Barca are behaving, it seems massively unlikely.
Same it would be really weird given that if he stays they can't register the other players that would be on that tour, so no chance to work on team shape etc

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Someone on the Barca forum has said Frenkie's removed the Barca logo from his Instagram page. I don't know if I recall ever seeing it there?

Transfer sagas make your eyes deceive you!

croadyman

Lots of obstacles, yeah... the huge amount of money he's owed is the main obstacle. I'm certain he won't leave until its paid.
You are one of the confident ones, so how does he finally get paid that money he is owed

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Next summer wishlist: A clean not so long drawn out saga for our marquee signing.

MinGin

I think this’ll it get done but it’s obvious Barca pushed him out - the callous cnuts. Though I’m not getting Di Maria vibes - we had van gaal whom had no idea how to use him and a bunch of other reasons that aren’t similar to de Jong
I do think it is a defferent story if Di Maria joins us when Mourinho is in charge after a year.

AndySmith1990

Would be so disappointing if this goes all the way to deadline day and when we miss out on him and have no time to secure a 2nd/3rd choice. Hope it doesn't pan out like that!
Club would deserve criticism if that were to happen. There has to be a deadline when we remove the offer and then move on to other midfield targets

mctrials23

Can't help but feel that with no deadline on this from our side that it will just drag until the very end of the window when we will do what we always do and capitulate.

We do need to give Barca a deadline where we will walk away and they will be stuck with him on wages they can't afford. They have to sell to be able to buy and they are clearly lining up players to buy.

We need to get FdJ or another player in to fill his role. If we leave that position empty and just sit on our hands Barca will know that ultimately we will pay them whatever they want for Frenkie i.e. we will give them money to cover the deferred wages Frenkie is demanding to leave.

This isn't a complicated deal. The issues are known and the solution is simple. Frenkie and Barca have to agree how much they pay him to cancel the contract and leave. I would assume Barca are haggling over 5m or so. If we genuinely walk away they will have made a colossal feck up over 5m which they can't afford to do.

Biggins

I do think tt is a defferent story if Di Maria joins us when Mourinho is in charge.
Agreed. For the same reason, I don’t think that we should worry abt FDJ turning into ADM. ETH is the manager and I expect FDJ to be one of the standouts in our team.

croadyman

You would tend to think if there was any chance of him not going on tour that people like Whitwell, Ornstein, Ducker would know

WPMUFC

I'd be really surprised if he went on their tour, the way Barca are behaving, it seems massively unlikely.
If Barca journo's are to have any shred of credibility (outside like 3 of them) and this barca briefing war is true, he shouldn't be on it. But thinking Barca's journos are credible outside 3 of them is asking for trouble.

All i know is if he leaves for the tour, we're going to have to through doomer meltdown Part 5976 :lol:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Looking forward to Frenkie's 12/10 performance against Barca in CL next year.
Making them lose out on money from the tournament as revenge for not paying what they owe him.

Paul778

if he doesn't go on tour it strengthens FDJ hand regarding constuctive dismissal I'm guessing. I'm sure his agents are telling him to still turn up to Barcas training facilities and conduct some light training. His number potentially being given away also helps

it feels like there is a logjam of players waiting on him to be gone before they can be registered. Would Barca actually sign these players without the ability to register them? FDJ would then have them over a barrel completely.

Can an unregistered player go on a preseason tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.