Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This is what gets lost in the pessimism and obsession for new signings. We have an exciting group of young players coming with potentially more than a few capable of making a major impact. Having a proper manager in place will make this an exciting process.
I think most people aren't patient enough to wait for these kids to develop. They want instant success and see that as arriving via transfers. Even though over the year we've seen that signings don't equal success all the time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Aaaah ok then. So barca really are viewing things as de Jong is leaving, whether he like it or not (yes for those who question that, i know he can't be kicked out if he doesn't want too)
Not necessarily. He's just going to be in the rotation. Pedri and Busi are pretty much locked in so you have Frenkie/Gavi/Kessie/Pjanic for the one spot.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Not necessarily. He's just going to be in the rotation. Pedri and Busi are pretty much locked in so you have Frenkie/Gavi/Kessie/Pjanic for the one spot.
But if you're de Jong as looking at that possible lineup, are you really wanting to tussle with all those other guys for just one spot? If you're not in the starting 11 with his talent, then is he really going to want to stay there?
I just don't know, but i think he has to look at that and think that his playing time is very very limited now

Berbaclass

But if you're de Jong as looking at that possible lineup, are you really wanting to tussle with all those other guys for just one spot? If you're not in the starting 11 with his talent, then is he really going to want to stay there?
I just don't know, but i think he has to look at that and think that his playing time is very very limited now
Also even if he does start he will very likely be the first substitute like last season which happened a lot which frustrated him.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Also even if he does start he will very likely be the first substitute like last season which happened a lot which frustrated him.
All in all it's not really looking good for him regardless.
Thats what makes me think that once the issues with his wages are sorted, he'd be open to joining. He'd be the main man at United and have a team built around him.

lex talionis

Is there any evidence yet that Frenkie actually wants to join United?

Not trying to prove a point…just wondering how likely this deal is likely to happen.

Berbaclass

Not trying to prove a point…just wondering how likely this deal is likely to happen.
There is no factual evidence either way.

We have had multiple reports stating he is open to joining and has repeatedly spoken to Ten Hag though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is what gets lost in the pessimism and obsession for new signings. We have an exciting group of young players coming with potentially more than a few capable of making a major impact. Having a proper manager in place will make this an exciting process.
Exactly, we have to make a pathway and take a chance on our own too. This is an exciting group with high potential. ETH is the right coach at the right time I feel

pascell

Nah, if you don't want to visit it, then don't.
No ones forcing you or anyone else to come in here are they?
That's not the point. I've come into this thread a few times this week having worked all day, opened the thread to 10+ pages, flicked through to people saying the same thing as the previous day and absolutely no update.

Berbaclass

That's not the point. I've come into this thread a few times this week having worked all day, opened the thread to 10+ pages, flicked through to people saying the same thing as the previous day and absolutely no update.
So you're not happy that people are discussing a transfer on a football forum?

Check the transfer tweets thread if that's all you want.

lex talionis

There is no factual evidence either way.

We have had multiple reports stating he is open to joining and has repeatedly spoken to Ten Hag though.
Very helpful. Thanks!

What I’m struggling with is that it seems — emphasize seems — that Frenkie wants to stay at Barcelona. Dream club, all that. Every angle has been discussed at length here, but as of yet there appears to be no indication that Frenkie wants to leave Barcelona.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Yeah, my thinking too. Not too expensive either.
Would he want to me back to United though? I mean I suppose he'd be happy to work under EtH. Would be a decent player of Ronaldo does go, but even that's looking a bit iffy at the moment. Seems no one wants him and Bayern have distanced themselves again

Berbaclass

Would he want to me back to United though? I mean I suppose he'd be happy to work under EtH. Would be a decent player of Ronaldo does go, but even that's looking a bit iffy at the moment. Seems no one wants him and Bayern have distanced themselves again
Martial simply won't play every game. He'd get plenty of minutes I think. Also we have plenty of Dutch lads who he's friends with.

RopersReturn

Both McTominay & Maguire are faultless when it comes to effort. They simply lack the skills and attentiveness to compete at a level normally associated by a club of our stature.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Martial simply won't play every game. He'd get plenty of minutes I think. Also we have plenty of Dutch lads who he's friends with.
I personally don't think Martial has what it takes to make it at United. He's had sl many tries now but after an amazing season or so he just trailed off.

I hope that Ten Hag can rejuvenate him but if an offer did come in I think we'd accept it

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
They want to sell Depay too? Any real source from this? First time I’m hearing this
It has been known for months but here you have a recent source. Also he is in the last year of his contract.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!

Thing Is we'd never know anyway... details of what's said between the clubs will never be public knowledge and what's leaked to the press is what they want you to hear to further their agenda and narrative

OpenIntrovert

Well the first step to any deal is by contacting the agent of the player. If FDJ did not want to join us, the agent could have just closed shop right there. The fact that we have continued pursuing the deal, shows that there is certainly a strong interest from the player.

Basically the recruiment staff knows how to assess if the player is really interested, so they are only moving with this deal because the chances are very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.