Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenIntrovert

Very helpful. Thanks!

What I’m struggling with is that it seems — emphasize seems — that Frenkie wants to stay at Barcelona. Dream club, all that. Every angle has been discussed at length here, but as of yet there appears to be no indication that Frenkie wants to leave Barcelona.
Players wont openly leave the club as long as they are under contract, and it also depends on the relationship with the club. FDJ is fond of Barcelona so he is not doing anything to burn his bridges with them. He is doing it in a professional manner where you are not going to hear a word till he resolves the contractual issues and signs one with us.

MinGin

[/QUOTE]
It's a shame that the midfield market is so crap at the moment. Looking for alternatives is good and well but when these alternatives are freaking Ruben Neves I rather we really hang on to this tedious saga and try and somehow get him to sign for us. Huge shame this is dragging on for so long though. One midfielder was the bare minimum this season and I hoped we would get this sorted early on. It's a position we really have the most problems in recruitment wise. Even under Fergie we struggled there or straight out neglected it.
We did have a chance to sign Kroos before, but the chosen one rejected it :lol:

MinGin

30M for Tielemans as a squad player till we get Frenkie wouldn’t be a bad deal to be honest. The Caf would self combust if McFred starts the first league game again

I agree on Neves. For the mooted 70-80M to get him, we must stay away
No way Leicester will sell us Tielemans in 30m, lets think about the transfer fee of our captain

mu4c_20le

No way Leicester will sell us Tielemans in 30m, lets think about the transfer fee of our captain
He's on his last year with no interest in renewing. They will be forced to sell as the time keeps ticking.

Pickle85

I strongly disagree. McTominay has been a very important part of our team for a number of years, every bit as good as those around him.

Do I think we should improve if we can (see:Frenkie, although McTominay partnering him wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest) absolutely, but the idea that McTominay is dragging us back is bollocks.
Rubbish. McTominay is symptomatic of perspiration and pashun winning out over ability on the ball. He's an average player and not good enough to be starting for a side that has aspirations for the title. Nice lad and tries very hard but is limited. He's a prime example of standards at United having fallen. As a bench player he's useful but if you think he belongs as a key component in a top four side then you're dreaming.

Chief123

At what point do Man Utd move to plan B? Chelsea has been burned chasing a player all window and the result was a panic buy at the end.
Transfer window has only been open 17 days. I wouldn’t call any purchase right now a panic buy.

NLunited

This is very interesting. It would solve and sort so much...

ACM- Bruno (VDB)
CM- FDJ (Eriksen)
DCM- Fred (McT)

Again interesting thought, thanks for sharing.
Frenkie will be deepest midfielder under Ten Hag, so Eriksen is not a stand him for him.

mu4c_20le

Could go either way.... could be disliking the fact he's being pushed out, or screwing around with the wages thing. (and not letting him reunite with his favourite manager)

Chief123

FDJ just bought a new house recently in Barcelona. I bet he’s not even got furniture in before he has to sell it again.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

He liked a comment under a post which explained: “Frenkie de Jong wants to stay, it is impossible for him to leave. It's his dream club and he's already planned his life at Barcelona.

Nero

So the person who runs his social media liked something. Okay.

Chief123

Most of the top players don’t even manage their own accounts. Or they’ll have their team logged in as well to interact on their behalf.

Cantonalegod

Well, today I released my first economic lever.

£6 off a £40 shop at Tesco!

I still have two more levers to use over the next two weeks, only £4 each unfortunately!!!

Nero

Most of the top players don’t even manage their own accounts. Or they’ll have their team logged in as well to interact on their behalf.
It's a lost cause. I've been trying to point this out for years.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Leicester would be happy to get 30m for Youri, he's in the last year of his contract & Leicester need the money to invest in new players

Woziak

Fair enough. Guess I misunderstood you. Agree also on Ronaldo, who obviously is not a good investment for anyone. Not sure if the 2025 FFP rules apply on a team if he's only signed for 2 years and therefore leaves before that season. Nevertheless most teams simply can't afford those wages and on top of that he will destroy a teams chemistry. Unless Ronaldo would agree to a significant wage cut, there are barely any teams that would be able to afford him. If he would drop his wages, obviously there would be CL teams interested in him (Milan?). Probably only PSG could afford to take a gamble on him for a year or two on his current wages (or close to it). They also don't have any chemistry in their team anyway, so that won't stop them. I don't even think Real would want him back at this point. Let's hope for Cristiano's sake he won't have his manager exploring that option, might be painful for him.
The New FFP rules start next season with a 90% ratio, then drop the season after 24/25 to 80% Then 25/26 70%. Agents will be F…..which means a lot of them will be pimping players out left right and centre in the next two seasons. We just need to get a settled wage structure back to 55% of our total turnover revenue . Which would mean about £275m on £500M turnover. This year losing Pogba(300), Cavani (250), Mata(180), Matic(140), Lingard(120), Pereira(60) - £1 billion per week of the wage bill plus or 52M from 326M - £274M then the 25% CL clause which I believe only United have in their contracts actually looks genius with the new FFP rules. We probably have a wave of about £265m next year with reductions and if we go deep in EL the turnover will probably go up to £525M which means we will be one of the best placed teams to spend 90% against turnover next year on wages, transfers and agents fees so basically £473M - wages of 300M - Ronaldo £25M off the books so we have £198m next year for Transfers and new contracts, In other words next season transfer window is our best chance to build a top 3 PL side that challenges again. That’s why this season trimming the squad is so critical and why I genuinely see so many players leaving to reset the wage to revenue structure. Youth players won’t be getting £100k per week until they prove they are bonafied stars. FDJ is no different he wants £16-18M per year and in all honesty, Only one midfield player in each Elite club can have that and Barcelona have Busquets on that wage already, City have KDB, Chelsea have N Kante, Sours and Arsenal are not paying those wages, PSG have Veratti, Bayern have Kimmich, I’m pretty confident for these reasons United are playing the long game and I feel so to are Liverpool who also have their wages under control.

EtH

Come on, if you’re gonna be named after ETH, at least show the same spirit of determination and optimism as the coach
I’m only optimistic about the new manager and the new project. I am just concerned about the guys in the cat bird seats getting him what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.