Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This is very interesting. It would solve and sort so much...

ACM- Bruno (VDB)
CM- FDJ (Eriksen)
DCM- Fred (McT)

Again interesting thought, thanks for sharing.
I actually think ETH will play FDJ and Eriksen together, if we signed both.

AM/CM - Bruno/Eriksen/VDB
CM/DM - FDJ (Zidane/Garner)
DM - Fred (McT)

House Mkhitaryan

According to reports, we're supposed to believe Frenkie "is in constant dialogue with ten Hag" and also that he doesn't want to leave Barça. As if these two are talking everyday about how much Frenkie loves Barça and wants to stay there.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
According to reports, we're supposed to believe Frenkie "is in constant dialogue with ten Hag" and also that he doesn't want to leave Barça. As if these two are talking everyday about how much Frenkie loves Barça and wants to stay there.
Is it so hard to believe that they're talking quite often... is it really hard to believe that they've kept in contact even after de Jong left to go to Barca?
It's clear that de Jong respects EtH a lot and to be fair, we have no idea what they talk about. And to be honest, it's absolutely none of our business anyway

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
And this could be the problem why he didn't sign yet. He probably saw a few imbeciles here posting rubbish and changed his mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Noooo we're a sane, responsible bunch on here! Nothing but high class and top notch banter and conversations. Totally rational too

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
ETH and even Murtough deserve whatever the consequences are for this chase. If it goes tits up and we wait till the end and cannot adequately reinforce if he doesn't come, then they should have no complaints if they're let go because the season went badly. We didn't need a De Jong signing to fix our midfield, we just needed a couple good signings, instead once again we've gone for the Hail Mary approach. Fergie would would have walked a long time ago cause it's clear his desire is not to be here, why must we continue to drag the clubs name in the mud chasing these kinds of players??

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Is it so hard to believe that they're talking quite often... is it really hard to believe that they've kept in contact even after de Jong left to go to Barca?
It's clear that de Jong respects EtH a lot and to be fair, we have no idea what they talk about. And to be honest, it's absolutely none of our business anyway
You call your ex boss daily? I never called him bar a few comments on facebook once in a blue moon

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You call your ex boss daily? I never called him bar a few comments on facebook once in a blue moon
It's not impossible that they become good friends too.
I know quite a few people who are in contact with their ex bosses and actually go out quite often with them. People can and do become friends and keep in regular contact when they leave their job

OrcaFat

It is not credible at all that ETH does not know FDJ’s position in this. They know each other. It is near-as-damn-it certain that he’s willing to come here; if not, ETH would know it and we’d have moved on.

I can’t think of a motivation for FDJ to mislead ETH. If he really wants to stay at Barca it would be much better for him if we drop our interest and that would happen if he just told us he won’t come here. Any club that wants him can be told the same.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It is not credible at all that ETH does not know FDJ’s position in this. They know each other. It is near-as-damn-it certain that he’s willing to come here; if not, ETH would know it and we’d have moved on.

I can’t think of a motivation for FDJ to mislead ETH. If he really wants to stay at Barca it would be much better for him if we drop our interest and that would happen if he just told us he won’t come here. Any club that wants him can be told the same.
Just look at Timber, he changed his mind, either he told EtH the situation or the club found out and moved on real quick. Same with Brobbey, he told EtH that he'd rather stay at Ajax and we moved on quickly no questions asked.
If FdJ told EtH that he didn't want to leave and that he was hopefully a solution could be found where he could stay, then i'm sure EtH and the club as a whole would move on swiftly. The fact we've not tells us that de Jong is happy to come and he's looking for a resolution to his wage issues.

Not sure why people can't understand that to be fair

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Just look at Timber, he changed his mind, either he told EtH the situation or the club found out and moved on real quick. Same with Brobbey, he told EtH that he'd rather stay at Ajax and we moved on quickly no questions asked.
If FdJ told EtH that he didn't want to leave and that he was hopefully a solution could be found where he could stay, then i'm sure EtH and the club as a whole would move on swiftly. The fact we've not tells us that de Jong is happy to come and he's looking for a resolution to his wage issues.

They stick with the negativity so that they don't get their hopes up and feel the pain if things don't go their way. That way, they can get some joy out of United even if they fail.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
They stick with the negativity so that they don't get their hopes up and feel the pain if things don't go their way. That way, they can get some joy out of United even if they fail.
Suppose so, but sometimes people need to look at this objectively. It's pretty obvious that whats being said to the media isn't whats being said behind closed doors.
I truly would love to know whats being said rather than whats being leaked to the media

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

This is the only reason why I am still hanging into this, despite the tiresome saga with so many ups and downs everyday.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Suppose so, but sometimes people need to look at this objectively. It's pretty obvious that whats being said to the media isn't whats being said behind closed doors.
I truly would love to know whats being said rather than whats being leaked to the media
As long as they have their own version of reality, they will never look at things objectively.

OrcaFat

Yeah, exactly. To not understand it seems wilfully obtuse.

marktan

I actually think ETH will play FDJ and Eriksen together, if we signed both.

AM/CM - Bruno/Eriksen/VDB
CM/DM - FDJ (Zidane/Garner)
DM - Fred (McT)
Neither Fred or Mctominat are DMs though, we've seen that so many times. They're more B2B than FDJ is.

I'm guessing FDR will be that one that's asked to sit deep.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
ETH and even Murtough deserve whatever the consequences are for this chase. If it goes tits up and we wait till the end and cannot adequately reinforce if he doesn't come, then they should have no complaints if they're let go because the season went badly. We didn't need a De Jong signing to fix our midfield, we just needed a couple good signings, instead once again we've gone for the Hail Mary approach. Fergie would would have walked a long time ago cause it's clear his desire is not to be here, why must we continue to drag the clubs name in the mud chasing these kinds of players??
Fergie would've pushed it all the way to the final weeks of the window like he did with Van Persie and Dwight Yorke.

Fergie chased Patrick Kluivert all summer in 1998, before settling for Dwight Yorke near the end of the window due to Kluivert making a decision to join Van Gaal at Barcelona late in the window.

Last edited:

Eplel

Neither Fred or Mctominat are DMs though, we've seen that so many times. They're more B2B than FDJ is.

It doesn't matter especially for McT.

There is not a single thing that McT can do better than FdJ.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Yes but we still need a ball winner or combative midfielder don't we, FDJ isn't really reliable in defending, he will be our deep lying playmaker in DM, next to him would be combative midfielder or box to box, like Fred or McT.

Woziak

Yep FDJ will be the CDM/Deep lying playmaker with James Garner as back up and Charlie savage kept in the under 23’s who occasionally plays, all 3 will be our DM options as well as Lisandro Martinez in certain games that’s more than enough, Fred and Mctominay will be both used as a BTB midfielders in certain games but don’t be surprised if McTominay is sold next summer or replaces DVB as AM, one will leave for sure.

Firas United

According to Romano Barca have been in direct contact with Memphis and they are open for “ low “ transfer conditions

obviously they are desperate to sell anyone so “ the next lever will allow them to register all the players “ isn’t completely true otherwise they would not send the message that clear regarding Memphis and obviously they are looking for plan B if De Jong really stays

A friend of mine who’s Barca fan spent 15 mins explaining to me why we should sign Memphis and how we should give him second chance and I’m like no thanks:nono:

Last edited:

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Pretty sure if Fergie knew he had a good chance of getting a player then he'd chase them throughout the window. Look at Berba, that looked so unlikely for the whole window and he got him on deadline day.
I'm sure he had the same assurances from Berba as EtH has from de Jong, just the cirumstances of the transfer are so so so much different.

If a manager believes he'll get his player, then he'll chase him for as long as needed.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Really concerning that EtH is now sending messages that he is prepared to wait beyond the start of the season. For someone who would be our playmaker/talisman you need to know very soon if he is going to be part of the squad or not ASAP; then coach the team accordingly.
It’s rather irrelevant. All that matters is that he ‘joins in the summer’. That goes for De Jong and any other coach chasing a player. Clubs make these huge investments and they are long term. ‘Coaching the team ASAP’ makes little difference whether this month or next.

Take Pogba as an example. He joined in 2016 after playing in the Euros. The deal was confirmed the day of the Community Shield, then he had a suspension which caused him to miss the first league game against Bournemouth, only making his debut the following week against Southampton. He spent 6 years here after that, and whatever anyone feels about how successful that spell was, I am certain that we are at least all in agreement that the week that he signed in 2016 had no bearing. It wouldn’t have stopped him from going on to be our greatest ever player if he wanted to, or our worst. By the time the season is underway, nobody was commenting about the day he joined. Ten Hag will have plenty of time to coach De Jong, most important is that he signs. We broke a record to sign Rooney, similarly, who was injured when he joined. Made his debut a month into the season. Then got on with it. Imagine we ‘just moved on’ and signed some other guy on the basis that we didn’t like the date Rooney would have his first training session!

Maticmaker

FdJ’s only preferred choice is Utd due to EtH*.
Do we know that for certain? Everything I've seen or heard suggests he doesn't want to leave Barca at all, not heard of one utterance from FdJ that he wants to come to United.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If Frenkie signs I think its a massive step in the right direction.

This summer we've got Matic, Mata out the door which is huge in itself for making squad spaces available, now a few in the starting XI can warm the bench with new arrivals.

Having Martinez, FDJ and Eriksen means United pass with purpose and retain possession too.

I feel like United would really just be looking at fullbacks and a striker in future windows if FDJ signs. if Martinez is at CB alongside Varane for example if Martinez steps up with the ball FDJ just steps back.

One of my biggest gripes with Bruno is he takes too many risks and hands over possession, he has the quality but just needs the right coaching. Pogba obviously much quality but just hollywood.

Sancho and Rashford will see a lot of joy from long diagonals this season I'm excited under ETH, FDJ would be a massive statement if he comes. I expect third this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.