Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwards6

We don't know what's going on behind closed doors.
So many different sources claim he does not want to come to United.
They cant all be wrong.
As professional as he may be, do we want a player that does not want to be here.

Time to move on before our alternative options are limited even further
And so many sources claim he's been in regular contact with Ten Hag, why would we still be going for him if he's told Ten Hag he doesn't want to move here?

GoldanoGraham

Im less convinced of this now…..originally it seemed that Barca needed him off their books but they seem to be able to pull any rabbit out of their hats whenever they feel like it…..no idea what’s going on at that club but they are currently behaving like a child in a candy store…..

I think that it’s all just been a ruse to get him to take a big wage reduction and agree to a more protracted amortisation of his deferred/owed wages.

I think if we don’t actively do something else we could end up with our pants pulled down…..again.

It’s odd that a lot of people can’t get their heads around FDJ, or more likely his agent, potentially telling us what we want to hear while also first and foremost hoping to be able to stay at Barca.
Actually, pretty much everyone thinks he first and foremost wants to stay at Barca, but only on his current deal.
But ETH, de Jong and United have put a deal in place in the eventuality that Barça refuse to honour his current deal and make it known to him in no uncertain terms that no new deal = new club. But even that option for Barça will require considerable compensation for the player for his past two seasons of lower pay.
We’re simply in a waiting game, if Barça green light his current wages (which they won’t) we’ll all move on. Otherwise everyone waits to see what Barça will do.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The only thing keeping this alive is the seeming constant confirmation from all sides that if he's to stay, he needs to take a massive pay cut and there is no indication that he's willing to do that.

We are however in for a quiet couple of weeks I suspect while he's on tour.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Im less convinced of this now…..originally it seemed that Barca needed him off their books but they seem to be able to pull any rabbit out of their hats whenever they feel like it…..no idea what’s going on at that club but they are currently behaving like a child in a candy store…..

I think that it’s all just been a ruse to get him to take a big wage reduction and agree to a more protracted amortisation of his deferred/owed wages.

I think if we don’t actively do something else we could end up with our pants pulled down…..again.
Something which he's said numerous times, apparently, he's not willing to even enter discussions into

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This week is big week and I can feel it. I don't get something wrong too often when I feel something going to happen in transfer.

Chief123

I think the best way to solve this saga is a loan deal for 2 years and agreement on a future move.
Barca will have some more money for loan fees, probably 15m for 2 years. De Jong has to deal with Barca about his deferred salary (from 2020-2022) and will get it in 2024. We will get FDJ in squad and pay 100% of his salary in that 2 years loan.
A winwin sollution for all parties.
That’s a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist though. The problem is FDJ doesn’t want to leave and Barca don’t want to pay him what he’s owed.

Rather than a loan, he could still move on a permanent deal and Barca just agree to pay him the outstanding over a period of years. But they don’t want to.

Chief123

This is going on forever. We’d of played 2 league games before we sign him, if we sign him. Hope the club know what there doing… obvs de Jong hasn’t told the club directly he doesn’t want to come otherwise why would we still be trying to sign him. I’ve not seen us linked with any other midfielder to replace him though, not properly. Seems like we’re putting all our eggs in 1 basket.
It’s reported that Tielemans and Neves are the potential alternatives who would be attainable.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Guys, it all points towards the deferred wage payments. That's the only thing that can possibly be stopping it moving forwards.

We've agreed a deal with Barca already, i'm sure wages won't be an issue either. So what else could it be?

Unless he's flat out said NO I don't want to come - but then surely we'd have moved on?

It's a strange situation, but if Barca have to sell (which is why we are even at this point in the first place) then clearly we want to be his fallback option.

I'm sure FDJ doesn't WANT to leave, but something has to happen. He either accepts Barca's new deal on way lower money and stays where he is happy, or he leaves.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
We’re fecking idiots - when someone says no to you - you don’t hang about like a fecking stalker.
Let Barcelona deal with the fallout of buying all those players and not being able to register them and not being able to pay him his wages.
Some people are just not that into you - no need to be a mental fecking bastard about it.
:lol: He’s coming to work for the club, not marrying it ffs!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
All of you naysayers are going to look dumb when we get an announcement tomorrow......

Plant0x84

Aye, he’s got too much of a good relationship with ETH for it to make any logical sense otherwise.

The idea he has “no interest” make absolutely no logical sense when the manager and player have a good relationship.
This is the crux of the matter now, that and the fact know Barca need him off their wage bill. I can’t see how this doesn’t happen eventually.

We’re fecking idiots - when someone says no to you - you don’t hang about like a fecking stalker.
Let Barcelona deal with the fallout of buying all those players and not being able to register them and not being able to pay him his wages.
Some people are just not that into you - no need to be a mental fecking bastard about it.
Sure, our new manager is a stalker psychopath. Sounds believable.
Every time he speaks with the player he hears “I’m just not at all interested sorry boss, it’s not gonna happen”, but he immediately goes back to Murtough and says “I think deep down he wants it, to come back and play for me, they all do, they just love playing hard to get. Keep trying.”.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
IF he doesn't come here, I sure as heck hope he has the bottle to stick to that but no doubt they'll be putting a hell of a lot of pressure on him to do so
Well from all accounts he doesn't want to reduce his wages anymore and Barca have already said he has too if he wants to stay. The narrative is building now - Stay at the club you love but on less money, or be a mercenary and chase the cash.

When he does leave, it'll be framed as he left the club he loves because he cares more for the money

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i’ve never been convinced by him. he looks like the cool surfer kid’s dweeby brother who ends up embarrassing himself when his brother throws a killer spring break party at their parent’s beach hut.

Banana Republic

You know Luckhurst is talking shite when he uses phrases like…….
Yet #mufc are emboldened enough to have entered a 10th week of discussions to sign him…

He makes out there are continuous ongoing negotiations, which is garbage.
Utd have supposedly had a number of contacts with Barca a few weeks ago, resulting in an agreement in principle between the clubs and a transfer fee.
Then nothing, other than talking with FdJ’s agent.
As widely reported, Arnold and Murtough went to Barcelona last week, to try and move things on and negotiated a deal, with an increased up-front price and reduced add-ons.
Other than that, it’s a waiting game.

These muppets like Luckhurst and Romano, are just regurgitating the same limited snippets of information they have and gradually changing the narrative to make out they were right all along. They know as much as you or I .

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
i’ve never been convinced by him. he looks like the cool surfer kid’s dweeby brother who ends up embarrassing himself when his brother throws a killer spring break party at their parent’s beach hut.
But isn't he usually the one to save the day completely unexpected?

OpenIntrovert

You know Luckhurst is talking shite when he uses phrases like…….
Yet #mufc are emboldened enough to have entered a 10th week of discussions to sign him…

He makes out there are continuous ongoing negotiations, which is garbage.
Utd have supposedly had a number of contacts with Barca a few weeks ago, resulting in an agreement in principle between the clubs and a transfer fee.
Then nothing, other than talking with FdJ’s agent.
As widely reported, Arnold and Murtough went to Barcelona last week, to try and move things on and negotiated a deal, with an increased up-front price and reduced add-ons.
Other than that, it’s a waiting game.

These muppets like Luckhurst and Romano, are just regurgitating the same limited snippets of information they have and gradually changing the narrative to make out they were right all along. They know as much as you or I .
Correct!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
At least his teammates are helping him pressure the management with those statements. Laporta at some point needs to come to the conclusion -- that he needs to make it his while to uproot himself from a club that no longer welcomes him.

So many sources also claim FdJ wants to stay with Barca. Hmmm.. selective believe, eh?
Because both can, and likely are correct.

We’re here because his current deal is a massive problem for Barça, one that must be resolved as even they remind us every other day.

Is that problem resolved? Until it is, we’re still be here.

Plant0x84

Does anyone feel like it's groundhog day? No movement so papers just recycle stories

Sources close to the player says this, sources close to the Barca players say another thing. His agent says he wants to leave then he doesn't want to leave.

FdJ is in constant contact with EtH but doesn't want to leave and has told him that according to papers, but United must have assurances that he wants to come, so it must be a case of what's said in public isn't what's said in private

I still believe, but it's getting so tedious
Nah, I don’t see the tedium/boredom to be honest. We know the situation, we know he’s away on tour and we know the club/his people will be working. It’s just a sit tight and wait for news situation now. Barca still need to sell and we still want to buy so it’ll all come good in the end.
Honestly I think the Eriksen signing has been more boring. Medical took forever, very small announcement, no fan fare, no interview or inspiring video to get excited about. Honestly a bigger deal was made of Malacia. If I didn’t know Eriksen already and what he does it’s would be hard to be excited at all!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because both can, and likely are correct.

We’re here because his current deal is a massive problem for Barça, one that must be resolved as even they remind us every other day.

Is that problem resolved? Until it is, we’re still be here.
If he wants to stay with Barca, there's no one can make him leave. Just like Jones at United.

If he wants to stay with Barca, there's no one can make him leave. Just like Jones at United.
Jones is permanently injured. How often does a player in his prime with no injury issues point blank refuse to leave a club that tells him to feck off?
It tends to be players that have zero chance of getting a similar wage elsewhere that just hold out, like Phil.

Plant0x84

We don't know what's going on behind closed doors.
So many different sources claim he does not want to come to United.
They cant all be wrong.
As professional as he may be, do we want a player that does not want to be here.

Time to move on before our alternative options are limited even further
They are reporting the message coming from his camp. They are not wrong, but the message is a political one for Barcas benefit, not a straight one for everybody.
Read between the lines!!
Maybe this educational video will be helpful;

Plant0x84

All about the wage cap my friend. They can’t register players if FDJ stays, they need to sell a few other too.

GreatDane

De Jong or bust. The alternatives are not good enough and Eriksen can play the deep playmaker.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If he truly does want to stay you should move on. No point getting a player who doesn't want to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.