g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RkkMan

For evidence on Lewandowski and Barcelona's new salary cap here you go and now try to tell me how Barca can implement a practical solution to keep Frenkie on his current wages without a big consequence @romufc

AlexUTD

I don't think it was helped by the ewok's sexually aggressive facial expression :lol:
I would delete it bro. I don’t think you meant it that way but it’s a rapey meme for sure.

Sorry bros! Is it allowed to blame this saga and how it has corrupted my mind? :nervous:

I think im the only one that found it funny :D
You are corrupted like me bro! :eek:

Sorry if i offended anyone who saw the meme,i see now it was in poor taste. (I have poor taste)

romufc

Lewandowski is earning 9m net and I read from somewhere Barcelona are trying to get EVERY player to earn below 10m net which is the limit they`re trying to achieve. Frenkie is currently on 18m net if his wage stayed the same he`d be the highest paid player in the squad. There`s a reason why they`re desperately trying to get his salary either down or off the books completely if even one of the best STs ITW is only on 9m net and on a contract with a REDUCING salary over time. It may not be 100% concrete but that there is the evidence needed to show that Frenkie`s wages if he stayed is unsustainable if he stayed. They will pay yes but at a big cost they are trying hard to avoid and I`ll say again for the last time because everyone on the CAF has tried to tell you but you`re intentionally going in circles Frenkie doesn`t want to stay "at all costs" and there`s again evidence of that
Jones is a poor example because we weren`t in the same financial situation as Barca to make that point relevant or similar
Firstly, Frenkies wage is that high because they defered the wages and will compensate by increase wages. So why would Barca pay him his 17m if they wont pay his wage? Its the same thing, the reason they want to get rid is because they dont want to pay the 17m.

Secondly, there is plenty of evidence that Frenkie wants to stay. 1. they have accepted a fee for a transfer and as it is, it seems like he is not entertaining Manutd, otherwise there would be discussions on personal terms. 2. After the way Barca treating him, his main priority is to stay.

So it is clear apart from the caf that he wants to stay.

Gandalf

Neither do you, no clear evidence that it is not the case. The money owed to De Jong is not a lump sum 17m, I hope you understand that?

Would it be ideal if Frenkie said okay thanks, you have accepted the fee, I am off? Yes. You are missing the key point that Frenkie does not want that and wants to stay at Barca, regardless of how he is treated.

He is under contract and they will have to pay his wage this season and next season regardless, they cannot do anything if he does not accept to leave. Remember Jones ? he rejected a move to France? United want to get rid but can't because he wants to stay and pick up the wage.

However; In Frenkie's case, he knows if he stays Xavi will play him, so its win win for him.

On the bolded part, you have no evidence that Barca can't afford him. A few weeks ago the caf was saying they cant afford Lewandowski or Raphinia... but oh wait they signed both and resigned Dembele.

So you have 0 evidence that they cannot afford FDJ.
You have no clear evidence of the bolded so your argument is no more valid than the one you are competing with. The one thing that is abundantly clear is that so far as all of the public comments from the clubs and the player are concerned is that everyone is lying to some degree. If you want to talk facts then it is a fact that Barca have accepted a bid from United and that in itself indicates that regardless of any briefings they may give they would like to bank that fee and get Frenkie's wages off the payroll. It has been laid out on a number of occasions that there is a timeline around the implementation of this seasons FFP in La Liga and so I don't expect significant developments until we reach that date. Could the deal fall through? Of course it could but when both clubs want it to happen it is most likely that it will happen and again it is hard to imagine that we would have stayed in this so long if there was not some indication from Frenkie's camp that if he gets his money he will come.

romufc

For evidence on Lewandowski and Barcelona's new salary cap here you go and now try to tell me how Barca can implement a practical solution to keep Frenkie on his current wages without a big consequence @romufc
You are actually forgetting that Frenkie is under contract at Barca. Laporte can say what he wants but he cannot change the players contract without his approval.

Lewandowski wanted to join Barca.

Oranges038

I believe he's been paid what he's owed but he signed a contract that lowered his pay for the past two years but raised it for the next two years to compensate. If he leaves now he essentially doesn't get the compensation for taking a wage cut over the past two years.
My understanding is that he is being paid what his current rate is, but they still owe him the 17m in unpaid/deferred wages from the last 2 years that he is due. They will also have to pay him almost 100m over the next 4 years if he stays.

RkkMan

You are actually forgetting that Frenkie is under contract at Barca. Laporte can say what he wants but he cannot change the players contract without his approval.

Lewandowski wanted to join Barca.
Lewandowski is 34 he`s at a stage where money isn`t that big a priority anymore because he`s raked up a fortune compared to Frenkie who`s still 24/25 with his best years ahead of him and about to marry. Nobody at that stage of life walks away from 17m no matter how much they love the organization

Mainoldo

Remove United from the situation. How are they refusing to pay him what they owe him yet taking him on tour.

Is he owed a lump sum now? & if so, what would happen if he said he went on strike because they won’t pay him?
From there point of few those are future earning. So if he leaves why should they pay him. Obviously it’s good will and the right thing to do considering he took a pay cut for them.

But lesson learnt from him. Why take a cut that’s not in your contract.

Gandalf

Firstly, Frenkies wage is that high because they defered the wages and will compensate by increase wages. So why would Barca pay him his 17m if they wont pay his wage? Its the same thing, the reason they want to get rid is because they dont want to pay the 17m.

Secondly, there is plenty of evidence that Frenkie wants to stay. 1. they have accepted a fee for a transfer and as it is, it seems like he is not entertaining Manutd, otherwise there would be discussions on personal terms. 2. After the way Barca treating him, his main priority is to stay.

The point just sailed right over your head didn't it?

Subtract the 17M in deferred wages and FDJ would still have a contract earning over 15M net per season because he was already on huge wages and so therefore is breaking the wage structure they are trying to implement. Why would they pay him 17M? Because if they do they can bank the remaining 58M from the sale and save 80M in wages over the next 4 years for a total of 138M and also be free to register every one of their new signings with no concerns over meeting FFP.

fallengt

Barca will never give FDJ the money, not in this season.
If they paid him 17m, other Barca players would ask for money they owe and Barca doesn't want that to happen. Simple logic

Deal is dead unless United pay FDJ, which is a very stupid thing to do.

RkkMan

Again you have no clear evidence this is the ONLY thing he wants with information out there suggesting it's his preference but open to other options.
We will only know with absolute certainty about it once he gets his deferred wages because this is the one obstacle that's not been fully explored with a potential avenue to tilt things and its now been mentioned in Spain as an issue when it was only English Media saying this

Acquire Me

I think we are safe to assume that Frenkie want to stay at Barca. I think we also can assume that he wants his deferred payment.
I also think we can assume that if he works out this economic issue with Barcelona, he would be fine to play for us and EtH.

I think it’s safe to say that most of us have had some cross roads in our life that gave us choices. Sometimes the first choice don’t materialised and you had to go for the second choice or something different. It tend to work out just fine either way.

For me it makes sense that Frenkie never saw himself leaving this year, but now it’s real and he need to wrap his head around it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Barca will never give FDJ the money, not in this season.
If they paid him 17m, other Barca players would ask for money they owe and Barca doesn't want that to happen. Simple logic

Deal is dead unless United pay FDJ, which is a very stupid thing to do.
Not really, if a player who adjusted their contract for Barcelona is then sold, then it's natural to ask to be paid back what you adjusted to future years. Other Barca players will either stay, but if they're sold, they will of course do the same and there's nothing "weird" that Barca want to avoid. It's just how it is. Most of them probably won't need to leave.

AFC NimbleThumb

From there point of few those are future earning. So if he leaves why should they pay him. Obviously it’s good will and the right thing to do considering he took a pay cut for them.

But lesson learnt from him. Why take a cut that’s not in your contract.
Thank you.

I’ve been looking at it as a deferment but like you say if he restructured his contract to pay him ‘X amount’ in year. . . then I see the technicality they’re clinging to.

Piss poor thing to do though, genuine disgust when looking at how that club parade themselves in a way their actions aren’t following.

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Lewandowski is 34 he`s at a stage where money isn`t that big a priority anymore because he`s raked up a fortune compared to Frenkie who`s still 24/25 with his best years ahead of him and about to marry. Nobody at that stage of life walks away from 17m no matter how much they love the organization
Or maybe he’ll just stay put and carry on with Barca in the hope they can give him that 17 million down the road should circumstances change.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Here's a rational approach.

This article is from Luckhurst's opinion piece:

Every time Luckhurst writes an opinion piece, he goes in with a certain agenda and then portrays the appropriate information to fulfill it. In this case, he wants to satisfy you and other people who are getting tired of this saga. As a result, he's going to make United look bad, and he does that in a somewhat cheap manner by trying to draw parallels to Moyes's Fabregas chase along with alluding to how close we are to starting the PL season. The info from your first Tweet isn't anything new, either; his sources are people who are close to Barcelona's players, who would have already relayed this info to the Barcelona-connected journalists months ago. It's the same with the second Tweet, hence why Luckhurst used the word "believed" instead of alluding to "sources".

In the end, there's no new development or revelation in this opinion piece. It's simply there to satisfy the negative United fans on top of the opposition ones.
I find this kind of crap massively frustrating and infuriating. We have a new CEO who wants to learn from past mistakes and has made a number of impressive proactive moves in the short time in the role.
We have a FD who is a football man, the chief criticism of the last guy being that he wasn’t. We have a manager hailed as one of the brightest and most promising up and coming coaches, and yet something comes along that doesn’t fit a perfect narrative, and clowns like Luckhurst and Goldbridge jump on it, and overinflate the issue to drive panic and hysteria amongst the fan base - who by and large gobble it up and come back for more, nothing ever being good enough.
Soon enough a good think turns toxic, the prophecy self fulfills and ETH will be hounded out the way the Ole and Rangnick were. Restart the 2/3 year rebuild allover again never moving forward. Thank you very much.
Can we never just be patient and see what happens before we jump to judgement?!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was trying to save my 5,000th post for FDJ signing but with the podcast threads and such that chance has gone :(

That being said, I still do think he will sign and ETH sounds like that is who is wanting, and will not just compromise to get another player that is cheaper / not as good but more freely available. I actually agree with that stance, instead of filling the squad with more players the manager might not be sold on make do and get the number 1 target. Iqbal has been a pleasant surprise and Garner might get a good opportunity to play plenty of games too, so let's see.

But the muppet in me is certainly still well aboard the train. Choo-fecking-choo.

RedMilo

I understand this 2nd Lever has resolved the funding side of things, hence they can spend on transfer fees to bring these new players in but does there remain issues registering new players, or does the extra £'00m's count towards revenue thus increase the salary amount by default - I'm confused on this point?

Basically does Barca still need to sell FDJ to meet La Liga FFP?

Laurencio

I actually think it's down to a disagreement on bonus payments and the timeframe of the payment. I reckon de Jong wants it all now including bonuses owed and loyalty bonus for the remainder of his contract given that they are pushing him out, and Barca are trying to get away with paying only guaranteed salary over a longer period of time.

If de Jong gets all the bonuses he's potentially owed we could be talking about tens of millions of euros in addition to the 17M in deferred guaranteed wages.

In that scenario they aren't squabbling over 17M, but rather 30-40M. At which point the fact that it is taking forever is understandable.

Acquire Me

I was trying to save my 5,000th post for FDJ signing but with the podcast threads and such that chance has gone :(

That being said, I still do think he will sign and ETH sounds like that is who is wanting, and will not just compromise to get another player that is cheaper / not as good but more freely available. I actually agree with that stance, instead of filling the squad with more players the manager might not be sold on make do and get the number 1 target. Iqbal has been a pleasant surprise and Garner might get a good opportunity to play plenty of games too, so let's see.

But the muppet in me is certainly still well aboard the train. Choo-fecking-choo.
It will happen :devil:

Plant0x84

Truthfully none of us know how this might pan out. The bigger question now is how much are we willing to RISK playing next season without a really decent midfielder. I would say we simply can't allow that happen so at some point we need to move on Neves whether we like it or not, at which point this farce ends.

I would suggest that time is very close, if not now.
It’s like he’s the only other midfielder on the planet.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looks like FDJ or bust. ETH will get destroyed here if we don't get our man.

Plant0x84

This chat uses a lot of ''clear", "by definition", "100%" and "certain".

I think he'll still come, and I think Barça is probably horribly led. They've yammered themselves out of more immoral business before, so could even be a chance that he'll stay and they CAN actually register the new fellas.

Then again, all words "by Frenkie" were said by someone else (mostly guess-work and no more than alleged inside information), so whether he really wants to stay is still up in the air and not based on a single factor I assume. Meanwhile, Laporta and Alemany both said they wanted him to stay, but had a lot of difficulty in saying those sentences without big BUTs. Which would seem to favor the stance of the anacondas in this chat.

Outside of the fact I prefer Man Utd to Barça, on a personal and player profile level I really hope he makes the move. It's getting sad to see him used as the Donny rather than the Frenkie of a team. For Barça I assume Gavi, Nico and Kessié would all be more natural Donny's than Frenkie is, and in the 4-3-3 next to Pedri and Busquets that seems to be the preferential fill-up right now. Meanwhile Man Utd only has Donny's, so many in fact that Donny himself simply won't get any minutes.
Nope, just 95% :wenger:

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Yeah no way thats true, Barca has at least 10 players earning over 10M.

Status
Not open for further replies.