• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Could a team like chelsea come in and pay the difference to DJ and scupper our deal ?

Revaulx

Thank you.

I’ve been looking at it as a deferment but like you say if he restructured his contract to pay him ‘X amount’ in year. . . then I see the technicality they’re clinging to.

Piss poor thing to do though, genuine disgust when looking at how that club parade themselves in a way their actions aren’t following.
Well yes, but players have agents who they rely on to look after the contractual stuff. It does look like Frenkie's didn't do a very thorough job if the question wasn't considered of what happens to the arrears/deferred wages in the event that he leaves before the rescheduled payments are complete. Even more so in the event that the club pushes him out.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For evidence on Lewandowski and Barcelona's new salary cap here you go and now try to tell me how Barca can implement a practical solution to keep Frenkie on his current wages without a big consequence @romufc
His currently salary is way over the cap... well at least what he is expected to earn next season and especially the following season

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Looks like FDJ or bust. ETH will get destroyed here if we don't get our man.
And rightly so. There are literally dozens of midfielders that we could target that are better than Fred and McTominay but it looks like that will be our midfield if FdJ doesn’t sign. Very worrying.

Barthez

I just hope we spend the money on a decent striker now this one is dead in the water. Simply can’t afford to wait and wait and end up with nothing at all at the end of the window.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like FDJ or bust. ETH will get destroyed here if we don't get our man.
It would be a terrible bit of decision making from him and the club to be fair. But we will, so it's ok.
Ten Hag also likes Youri Tielemans, but Tielemans prefers Arsenal at this time, so I can see why United haven't necessarily pushed for him as of yet.

Gandalf

And rightly so. There are literally dozens of midfielders that we could target that are better than Fred and McTominay but it looks like that will be our midfield if FdJ doesn’t sign. Very worrying.
Poor way of thinking. Yes there are plenty of better players than McTominay but that does not make them good enough for us and it is a waste of money to buy a player who will need upgrading in the next window. Rebuilds require patience.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Remove United from the situation. How are they refusing to pay him what they owe him yet taking him on tour.

Is he owed a lump sum now? & if so, what would happen if he said he went on strike because they won’t pay him?
If he is a Barca player he is contracted and will be paid an amount that includes the wage he deferred. If he transfers then they owe him nothing because of the dumb/cunning way the deferral was handled. He seems to be asking Barca to reimburse him the wages he deferred before he leaves the club, but they are not legally obliged to pay him a cent extra, and are being a bit shitty about the whole thing.

L1nk

Poor way of thinking. Yes there are plenty of better players than McTominay but that does not make them good enough for us and it is a waste of money to buy a player who will need upgrading in the next window. Rebuilds require patience.
It's not a poor way of thinking, if there are plenty of better midfielders then McTominay then we should go for them, if then a midfielder appears who's better than them we should go for them and the new midfielder gets bumped down, and McTominay gets bumped out because he's clearly not good enough to be a squad player at that point

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
For evidence on Lewandowski and Barcelona's new salary cap here you go and now try to tell me how Barca can implement a practical solution to keep Frenkie on his current wages without a big consequence @romufc
He can set what he likes…. for new/future contracts.

But he can do jack sh!t about de Jongs… unless de Jong agrees to it. And funnily enough, I think he might not trust Barca.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I understand this 2nd Lever has resolved the funding side of things, hence they can spend on transfer fees to bring these new players in but does there remain issues registering new players, or does the extra £'00m's count towards revenue thus increase the salary amount by default - I'm confused on this point?

Basically does Barca still need to sell FDJ to meet La Liga FFP?
With the 2nd lever? Im not sure they do. I cant keep up with all their fecking levers. They're stuck re. FDJ, even if they pay him whats owed, he'll still refuse to go IMO. It's win win for him.

George The Best

If he is a Barca player he is contracted and will be paid an amount that includes the wage he deferred. If he transfers then they owe him nothing because of the dumb/cunning way the deferral was handled. He seems to be asking Barca to reimburse him the wages he deferred before he leaves the club, but they are not legally obliged to pay him a cent extra, and are being a bit shitty about the whole thing.
So they have to now pay him his new wages inflated by the amount deferred - which they can’t.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Why would FDJ want to stay at Barca when they've made it clear they want him to leave? It doesn't make any sense.
Times change. Clubs change. They want him to go now, but the same may not be true by next summer, he could perform well, Xavi could not work out as manager, who knowes.
De Jong may just think I want to play for Barca, I’m happy here I’ll stick it out and if it doesn’t work out I maybe I’ll have more options than just United next summer.

That’s a completely reasonable stance to take if that’s what he is doing.

laughtersassassin

Ten Hag kinda making it sounds like De Jong or nobody.

If that's the case next season is fecked if we don't get him

SAFMUTD

They do not and that's net
I didnt knew it was net, but still 10M net is roughly 16.3M gross. Which is around 300K per week, which means they're expecting De Jong to either leave or cut his wages.

RedDevil@84

Times change. Clubs change. They want him to go now, but the same may not be true by next summer, he could perform well, Xavi could not work out as manager, who knowes.
De Jong may just think I want to play for Barca, I’m happy here I’ll stick it out and if it doesn’t work out I maybe I’ll have more options than just United next summer.

That’s a completely reasonable stance to take if that’s what he is doing.
The senior muppets on this thread will laugh at you and ask for a threadban for suggesting FDJ wants to go anywhere other than United. That kinda thread

Cassidy

I didnt knew it was net, but still 10M net is roughly 16.3M gross. Which is around 300K per week, which means they're expecting De Jong to either leave or cut his wages.
I mean... well yeah...

Chief123

Not being negative as I suspect there's far more to this than meets the eye and there's a lot of bluffing going on but...

...this is going to look pretty bad if it doesn't happen and things start to go wrong during the season. We're getting our hopes up that this is a new era of competence now that Ed's gone and that we have a vision and a stricture now etc. This sort of seems like previous transfer sagas in the post SAF years however.

Still think he will join us eventually.
It certainly won’t look great for Arnold and Murtough. We don’t know what will happen, but this saga could haunt them for a while. Especially when they are trying to clean up the image of the club with regards to recruitment and transfers.

They’ll look like idiots if after chasing for potentially 3 months, they come out with nothing.

BarstoolProphet

I like the 'de Jong or noone' approach. Better to try and develop some of the talents we got + plus Eriksen can continue to play deep instead of spending a ton on backup players not even close to FdJ's quality.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
If they paid him 17m, other Barca players would ask for money they owe and Barca doesn't want that to happen. Simple logic
It's not logical in any sense of the word. Other Barca players aren't leaving, so they'll get their suspended earnings over the course of their contracts. And they've agreed to take a pay cut for a reason.

BarstoolProphet

Oh god. There a chance we might go into this season with our current Midfield :lol:
We have signed Eriksen and got Garner back after an impressive loan spell. Also Savage and Iqbal have impressed and Martinez can also play a hybrid CB/CM role. There isn't much cheap stopgap qualities left on the market. Tielemans and Neves is not someone we should go for.

Cassidy

I like the 'de Jong or noone' approach. Better to try and develop some of the talents we got + plus Eriksen can continue to play deep instead of spending a ton on backup players not even close to FdJ's quality.
The idea that FDJ is the only player out there who can do that job is...

Status
Not open for further replies.