Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They've got 200-250m under FFP.
So within the realms of possibility for Chelsea at this point, interesting to see if he prefers CL / London or ETH if Chelsea do decide to explore the option of FDJ.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Aye, London or Cheshire is give or take. Some will prefer the leafy life, some a big city.

A fluked CL a couple of years back in a season they fired their manager for being so wank means little when making a decision today for the next 4-5 years.

The manager - clearly United have an advantage here.

CL next season - Chelsea have an advantage here.

Money - equal

Chances of doing better in league - past 4 years says, feck knows.

He’d be a bigger star at United of course, because well, it’s United, but that also means little in the grand scheme of things.

The rest is just noise and self loathing drivel.
Fluked Champions League? We dominated at every stage of the competition. :houllier:

Smashed Juve 4-0 early on, spanked both Atleti and Real Madrid each over 2 legs, and then were clearly the better team on the day in the final against City. If that was a fluke, what was this last one for Real Madrid, the heist of the century?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Although its easy to see United as a bigger side in terms of History, Tuchel isn't a stone throw away from ETH and also we're talking about a very good Chelsea side.

Chelsea are bigger than United based on the last decade and London definitely has its appeal. That's if we're completely objective without any sentiment attached to it (and FDJ will pick the best option for him based on footballing terms, where he lives etc).

I can see FDJ slotting nice into a Chelsea side especially with an aging Kante but I'd honestly prefer United to bid slightly more to just get it over with at this point than let Chelsea have a sniff.

We're talking about a player that would easily sort out Uniteds midfield with a figure we haven't had since Carrick and Scholes and he's still only 25, rather pay more and have a good midfield for 5-6 years then let Chelsea get a player that pushes them further into the top 3.

Mr PG

United fans have been misled that the reason he isn't coming is because Barcelona owe him money so let's break it down to certain factual points.

1. Barcelona are contractually obliged to pay him whether he leaves or not. It's a contract...unless he agrees to lower his wages drastically to stay.
2. He has said a thousand times he wants to stay. This is true. No player ever wants to leave a warm city on the beach.
3. Barcelona do not want to have to push him out so they're hoping United entice him with financial and other incentives.
4. This will probably carry on for a while as a test of wills between barcelona hoping United do more and United hoping barcelona get desperate and push him out. Frankie will only come to United as a last resort and the risk is another club shows up and offers him cl football.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Although its easy to see United as a bigger side in terms of History, Tuchel isn't a stone throw away from ETH and also we're talking about a very good Chelsea side.

Chelsea are bigger than United based on the last decade and London definitely has its appeal. That's if we're completely objective without any sentiment attached to it (and FDJ will pick the best option for him based on footballing terms, where he lives etc).
Is this a piss take? :lol: Every summer we have Manchester United fans telling everyone how brilliant and super massive Chelsea are and how they’ll swoop for all our transfer targets. feck me sideways it’s a parody at this point.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
United fans have been misled that the reason he isn't coming is because Barcelona owe him money so let's break it down to certain factual points.

1. Barcelona are contractually obliged to pay him whether he leaves or not. It's a contract...unless he agrees to lower his wages drastically to stay.
2. He has said a thousand times he wants to stay. This is true. No player ever wants to leave a warm city on the beach.
3. Barcelona do not want to have to push him out so they're hoping United entice him with financial and other incentives.
4. This will probably carry on for a while as a test of wills between barcelona hoping United do more and United hoping barcelona get desperate and push him out. Frankie will only come to United as a last resort and the risk is another club shows up and offers him cl football.
Not sure if point 1 is true. Don't think they're obliged to pay him the €17m if he leaves, unless I've missed something?

Irrational.

At United, FdJ would be following in the footsteps of some Dutch greats: van Nistelrooy, van Persie, Van der Sar. At Chelsea he’d be following in the footsteps of… Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink?

Womp

idiot
At United, FdJ would be following in the footsteps of some Dutch greats: van Nistelrooy, van Persie, Van der Sar. At Chelsea he’d be following in the footsteps of… Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink?
Do you genuinely think he would give a shite about which Dutch players came before him at a potential employer

He will choose the team he wants to go to. There is no shame in admitting Chelsea might look like a safer bet right now given their recent success. We haven't won anything in a while and have been quite shit for even longer. ETH is hopefully what gets this over the line, if he does indeed leave

VivaRonaldo85

We never learn our lessons repeating the same mistakes for over a decade now. Chasing players all summer who don’t mind if they end up playing for us or staying put. We end up stopping actively recruiting other players because we get transfixed on one. If they do arrive, they arrive late in the day after months of distraction. This summers version is just another example of poor transfer management and strategy. He’s going to have to be darn good to justify this transfer farce.

El Jefe

The rate at which this thread adds pages is truly something to behold. Definitely up there in the all time sagas, though not as entertaining as the Thiago chase.

This deal has basically been at an impasse for weeks so not sure whats driving all the traffic here.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The rate at which this thread adds pages is truly something to behold. Definitely up there in the all time sagas, though not as entertaining as the Thiago chase.

This deal has basically been at an impasse for weeks so not sure whats driving all the traffic here.
Sheer will and desire.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Is this a piss take? :lol: Every summer we have Manchester United fans telling everyone how brilliant and super massive Chelsea are and how they’ll swoop for all our transfer targets. feck me sideways it’s a parody at this point.
It's not a piss take no, since SAF left United have won a Europa League, EFL cup and FA Cup.

Chelsea have won an EFL cup, two premier leagues, the champions league and the club world cup.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea have had a higher points per game and had much better recruitment over that period too. The major issue for United has been the changes and stagnation where-as under Roman Abramovich he made good calls frankly.

Being purely objective Chelsea have had a better decade, 2 premier leagues AND a champions league, United haven't come close honestly.

The closest United came is under Jose with finishing 2nd in the league and winning the Europa League and EFL.

I could see why FDJ would pick Chelsea over United based on how the club was run and trophies in general. Under Tuchel you are going to a champions league winning coach he's an elite manager in himself.

To go to United you are going to a footballing superpower that's been waning for 10 years under a manager who has had a good run at Ajax admittedly but you have to really buy into his vision and Frenkie obviously knows ETH (I have major confidence in ETH too, he's the best manager since SAF in my books).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

Erik the Red

Isn't Kessie a free agent right now (Barca can't register him). Why don't we sign him, and then immediately offer Barca a straight swap - a midfielder we want for one that they want? All sorted, simple.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It's not a piss take no, since SAF left United have won a Europa League, EFL cup and FA Cup.

Chelsea have won an EFL cup, two premier leagues, the champions league and the club world cup.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea have had a higher points per game and had much better recruitment over that period too. The major issue for United has been the changes and stagnation where-as under Roman Abramovich he made good calls frankly.

Being purely objective Chelsea have had a better decade, 2 premier leagues AND a champions league, United haven't come close honestly.

The closest United came is under Jose with finishing 2nd in the league and winning the Europa League and EFL.
And how does anything you’ve just said equate to Chelsea being a “bigger club” than Manchester United?

Loon

:lol:
If everyone is so worried he’ll go to Chelsea, why hasn’t he just fecking got on with it?

Speedicut75

It probably is BS. But you can definitely argue Barca have a higher ceiling than United and have had more recent success as well.
Never said he wants to leave Barca. I'm sure he'd prefer to stay, but life's difficult to navigate at times and all of this rancor does nothing but feed the agenda that we're some sort of professional backwater and every other option is preferable, when it's clearly not the case.

Barca's finances are a shit show and they're using a form of equity release to pay for short term success at the expense of what comes when the club looks to secure its mid/longterm future.

In fact it's not guaranteed, where their interpretations of contact remuneration is concerned, that going forward they've got much to crow about; they seem to feel that a revamp of the ESL might come to the rescue as they plot their ponderous route through judicial redress.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
And how does anything you’ve just said equate to Chelsea being a “bigger club” than Manchester United?
Over the last 10 years they have been on the pitch, we're not talking commercially here. Purely from a footballing perspective over the last decade Chelsea are a bigger club.

If you're talking about stadium capacity and history no, but you don't always join a club for its history. Players join City for their on the field record over the last 10 years, City are bigger than United over the last decade too but before the oil money they were a nothing club.

Chelsea certainly has major advantages over United right now and that's just being truthful.

Varane around town

Slightly concerned that the only player that Ten Hag can see for this role is a player he's already coached.

I completely understand that any manager wants to bring in as many known quantities as possible ,and the United squad was such a toxic mess last year that I don't blame him for bringing in good eggs.

However, Ten Hag's reliance on players he's coached/Dutch based players is quite something.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Severance package? They …. Owe …. Him …. Money. Not future money n his contract. Not a severance. Money he has already earned and they have failed to pay.
Nope. He agreed to renegotiate the contract. They don't owe him deferred payment, they owe him what is agreed in the current contract

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If everyone is so worried he’ll go to Chelsea, why hasn’t he just fecking got on with it?
Chelsea haven't made an offer, if he's forced out of Barca and Chelsea make an offer I can see him wanting London, unless he has absolutely faith in ETH and fancies a challenge.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Very good my arse. Very average for Chelsea in fact, who have had some genuinely great sides.

74 points last season, “very good”.
United since SAF left, 1 finish above 74 points. I'm just not going to succumb to bias when we talk about the squads and results over the last decade, Chelsea is an appealing option and I don't think we can deny on the field United have been below the high standards expected.

SeasonLeagueLeague LevelWDLGoals+/-PointsRankManager
21/22Premier LeagueFirst Tier16101257:570586Ralf Rangnick
20/21Premier LeagueFirst Tier2111673:4429742Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
19/20Premier LeagueFirst Tier1812866:3630663Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
18/19Premier LeagueFirst Tier1991065:5411666Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
17/18Premier LeagueFirst Tier256768:2840812José Mourinho
16/17Premier LeagueFirst Tier1815554:2925696José Mourinho
15/16Premier LeagueFirst Tier1991049:3514665Louis van Gaal
14/15Premier LeagueFirst Tier2010862:3725704Louis van Gaal
13/14Premier LeagueFirst Tier1971264:4321647Ryan Giggs

Loon

:lol:
Chelsea haven't made an offer, if he's forced out of Barca and Chelsea make an offer I can see him wanting London, unless he has absolutely faith in ETH and fancies a challenge.
Good. He can feck off there then and we won’t have to go on with all this bullshit. Robben did it, Hazard did it, let him go if he wants it.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Isn’t that just an assumption? At United he’s promised to be at the centre of a project and all that jazz. One club happens to be in the CL one year shouldnt really play into the Project that any club puts forward. It’s stupidly short term.
Look at Sancho situation as an example. Kane nearly left Spurs because they missed the CL one season as another example
It's a reasonable and plausible assumption. I also don't quite understand the logic of turning down a perennial CL contender for a project. Playing in the CL offers an opportunity for more awards and money. Mind you, we are talking about teams who are consistently in the Champions League and have a realistic shot of winning it. Unless he cares primarily about being the MOST important player, rather than one of many important players, the assumption makes far more sense.

TheReligion

Abusive
Why do you believe the reports that Chelsea are interested but you don’t believe the multiple tier one reports that United, and Ten Hag, have assurances he’s happy to go to United. There’s also been numerous reports He’s not interested in Chelsea only United.

Seems very selective

United since SAF left, 1 finish above 74 points.
I’m not saying we haven’t been average, or shite :lol:

I'm just not going to succumb to bias when we talk about the squads and results over the last decade, Chelsea is an appealing option and I don't think we can deny on the field United have been below the high standards
Of course Chelsea is an appealing option to players.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Why do you believe the reports that Chelsea are interested but you don’t believe the multiple tier one reports that United, and Ten Hag, have assurances he’s happy to go to United. There’s also been numerous reports He’s not interested in Chelsea only United.

Seems very selective
Thats because the negative reports are so much easier to believe than the positive ones.
If something negative pops up, it doesn't need to be questioned because people have such little faith in United to do anything, so it's easy to believe. People can't accept that United might actually be getting their shit together now.
If something positive comes out, then people will be quick to dismiss it or turn it negative, it's just daft

Status
Not open for further replies.