Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Why do you believe the reports that Chelsea are interested but you don’t believe the multiple tier one reports that United, and Ten Hag, have assurances he’s happy to go to United. There’s also been numerous reports He’s not interested in Chelsea only United.

Seems very selective
I believe the fact he's willing to go to United if he's forced out, but I also believe that if Chelsea made a good offer he might take that over United.

My feeling and if I have bias of being a United fan is that he would choose United for its history. But Frenkie is 25 years old, that means when SAF left he was 15 I think maybe he doesn't really care too much for the history. He seems to like the Barcelona lifestyle from what reports say too so maybe he prefers London?

I think if he was forced out at this second he would choose United because he knows ETH, what he wants and United clearly have made an offer I doubt Chelsea would beat in terms of the total package, especially since Chelsea are looking to add Kounde I don't think Chelseas offer would be strong enough (for Barca that is).

However, I see the appeal of Chelsea, if the Kounde deal is closed maybe Chelsea are priced out though.

Tommy79

The rate at which this thread adds pages is truly something to behold. Definitely up there in the all time sagas, though not as entertaining as the Thiago chase.

This deal has basically been at an impasse for weeks so not sure whats driving all the traffic here.
103 since Saturday afternoon, the mupperty is strong in this one, while I hope I am wrong I can't see him coming here sadly, just hope this doesn't turn into another fibreglass like when moyes spent that summer chasing him and ended up with rubbish.

TheReligion

Abusive
Thats because the negative reports are so much easier to believe than the positive ones.
If something negative pops up, it doesn't need to be questioned because people have such little faith in United to do anything, so it's easy to believe. People can't accept that United might actually be getting their shit together now.
If something positive comes out, then people will be quick to dismiss it or turn it negative, it's just daft
It really grates especially when there’s literally zero logic applied.

Even today Mitten and Reddy have both reiterated that going to United isn’t an issue and is essentially agreed, it’s the problem between Barca and FDJ which is the problem and United are pretty powerless.

Do people really think Ten Hag hasn’t spoken to Frenkie and United haven’t spoken to the players agent (despite the fact he spent days in Manchester at Carrington with Malacia) and are just doing this blindly?

Its just stupid

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I’m sure you can find a Man Utd source for this quote from Romano on youtube tonight.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I believe the fact he's willing to go to United if he's forced out, but I also believe that if Chelsea made a good offer he might take that over United.

My feeling and if I have bias of being a United fan is that he would choose United for its history. But Frenkie is 25 years old, that means when SAF left he was 15 I think maybe he doesn't really care too much for the history. He seems to like the Barcelona lifestyle from what reports say too so maybe he prefers London?

I think if he was forced out at this second he would choose United because he knows ETH, what he wants and United clearly have made an offer I doubt Chelsea would beat in terms of the total package, especially since Chelsea are looking to add Kounde I don't think Chelseas offer would be strong enough.

However, I see the appeal of Chelsea considering how FDJ has (apparently) been about leaving Barcelona.
But again, as i've said so many times, we only know one side of the story, and thats the side that the media are portraying to us. They tell us that de Jong doesn't want to come to United, even though he's never said that. They're saying that he wants to stay at Barca, and yes he has said that in the past, but for the past 4 weeks at least, he's said nothing to nobody in the press. We don't know whats being said in private. We don't know what him or his agent are saying to United or to Barca.

The only people who know what is truly going on are de Jong, his agent, ten Hag, the United board and Barca. Aside from that it's recycle old reports to form new stories in the hopes that his opinions haven't changed.
He could put all this to bed straight away, but he's not said a bloody word to anybody at all lately

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Whether people want to accept it or not Chelsea are a bigger draw than United are right now.

Firstly they are far more likely to be in the Champions league year in year out they have even won it twice in recent times whereas we have barely figured any time we did qualify.

They have won more trophies in recent years they have won bigger trophies than we have managed since Fergie quit, they have a world class manager and a lot of money.
They are at the top end of football right now whereas we are hoping we have a manager that can finally get us back there

Last and not least they are in London which is always a plus for players and their families.

If de jong has a choice of Chelsea or us then the chances are he will opt for Chelsea.

This whole thing has dragged on for so long now i really hope we have alternative options as we will likely need them.
Pretty much this. Find an alternative. He's not the only midfielder in the world ffs.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It really grates especially when there’s literally zero logic applied.

Even today Mitten and Reddy have both reiterated that going to United isn’t an issue and is essentially agreed, it’s the problem between Barca and FDJ which is the problem and United are pretty powerless.

Do people really think Ten Hag hasn’t spoken to Frenkie and United haven’t spoken to the players agent (despite the fact he spent days in Manchester at Carrington with Malacia) and are just doing this blindly?

Its just stupid
They've 100% spoken and Frenkie has shown interest or United would have signed other targets, but right now United are the only team in the race

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
But again, as i've said so many times, we only know one side of the story, and thats the side that the media are portraying to us. They tell us that de Jong doesn't want to come to United, even though he's never said that. They're saying that he wants to stay at Barca, and yes he has said that in the past, but for the past 4 weeks at least, he's said nothing to nobody in the press. We don't know whats being said in private. We don't know what him or his agent are saying to United or to Barca.

The only people who know what is truly going on are de Jong, his agent, ten Hag, the United board and Barca. Aside from that it's recycle old reports to form new stories in the hopes that his opinions haven't changed.
He could put all this to bed straight away, but he's not said a bloody word to anybody at all lately
Agreed its the same narrative, and until he gets paid or forced out we don't know

Loon

:lol:
Top lawyers doubtless all over this, but couldn’t Barca sign a new contract for de Jong to receive his money over the next five/ten years and de Jong just move to the club he’s going to?

Maybe de Jong thinks Barca might not be able to pay if they go bankrupt?

I’m just making shit up now…

TheReligion

Abusive

I think if he was forced out at this second he would choose United because he knows ETH, what he wants and United clearly have made an offer I doubt Chelsea would beat in terms of the total package, especially since Chelsea are looking to add Kounde I don't think Chelseas offer would be strong enough (for Barca that is).

However, I see the appeal of Chelsea, if the Kounde deal is closed maybe Chelsea are priced out though.
You’ve totally ignored the reports that he’s agreed to go to United, wants to play for Ten Hag and isn’t interested in Chelsea.

It’s naive at this point to believe Ten Hag hasn’t spoken to him and that his agent hasn’t spoken to the club (he was at Carrington with Malacia for days).

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I’m sure you can find a Man Utd source for this quote from Romano on youtube tonight.

Or lets spin it another way seeing as its pure speculation either way:

Chelsea love de Jong and would like to bring him to Stamford Bridge, but they know he's promised Eric ten Hag that he'll join Manchester United if he does leave Barcelona, so they feel making an offer is pointless.

Thats the thing, we don't know the truth, so for all we know, what i just typed could be the absolute truth, but we will never know

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Over the last 10 years they have been on the pitch, we're not talking commercially here. Purely from a footballing perspective over the last decade Chelsea are a bigger club.

If you're talking about stadium capacity and history no, but you don't always join a club for its history. Players join City for their on the field record over the last 10 years, City are bigger than United over the last decade too but before the oil money they were a nothing club.

Chelsea certainly has major advantages over United right now and that's just being truthful.
No. They’ve been more successful due to being bankrolled by a Russian oligarch who ran up 1.2bn in debt to compete and has now left. At no point have they been bigger. At no point will they ever be bigger. Despite our ineptitude Manchester United have finished ahead of Chelsea in 4 of the last 7 seasons. They have a far bigger fanbase, are the most successful club in English football and are a global giant. They have just hired a very well regarded manager who FDJ loves and who has promised to build his entire project around in a style of football that suits him perfectly. Despite the continual wanking off of Chelsea on this forum they are miles off City and Liverpool on the pitch - much like Manchester United. They also have far lower revenue streams than Manchester United which will make it harder for them to compete when the new 70% transfer/wage FFP limitation comes in. This summer alone they have lost 2 key CBs, their 100m striker has fecked off on loan and they reportedly want to get rid of Pullisic, Werner and Ziyech - more signings they’ve spent huge money on that haven’t worked out. Two of their 3 starting CMs are also in the last year of their deal. So outside of fullback and goalkeeper they’re going through a full rebuild - hence why they move from high profile target to high profile target waving their new wallet around - they need players everywhere. So no, besides the short term CL football they haven’t got major advantages over us - it’s a genuine toss up who finishes 3rd and 4th outside of us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs next year and if ETH is the real deal as you’d imagine FDJ thinks he is you’d like to bet longer term we’d be more likely to deliver success due to the resource advantage we have outside of this one summer where the new owner is waving his dick around buying the fan’s their love.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Top lawyers doubtless all over this, but couldn’t Barca sign a new contract for de Jong to receive his money over the next five/ten years and de Jong just move to the club he’s going to?

Maybe de Jong thinks Barca might not be able to pay if they go bankrupt?

I’m just making shit up now…
Why the feck would he agree to that? If he stays he makes €90 millions over the next 4 seasons. Why would he wait 5/10 years?

TheReligion

Abusive
Or lets spin it another way seeing as its pure speculation either way:

Chelsea love de Jong and would like to bring him to Stamford Bridge, but they know he's promised Eric ten Hag that he'll join Manchester United if he does leave Barcelona, so they feel making an offer is pointless.

Thats the thing, we don't know the truth, so for all we know, what i just typed could be the absolute truth, but we will never know
Yep. This is more accurate from what we actually know from tier one sources.

Loon

Why the feck would he agree to that? If he stays he makes €90 millions over the next 4 seasons. Why would he wait 5/10 years?
Because Barca haven’t got the money and are looking to move him on without even giving him £17m, never mind £90m.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Doesn't even really need to be said but still no information from any reliable British source regarding the supposed interest of Chelsea.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Doesn't even really need to be said but still no information from any reliable British source regarding the supposed interest of Chelsea.
Nothing at all. It's all from Spain which tells us everything we need to know. With how long ago it was reported, you'd think at least one Chelsea journo would have verified and confirmed by now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because Barca haven’t got the money and are looking to move him on without even giving him £17m, never mind £90m.
They are legally obligated to pay him though. Whether they have the money or not. If they don't he can unilaterally break the contract and negotiate with other clubs directly - with no transfer fee

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They kinda have the money but the thing is De Jong signed a new contract deferring that €17m to be paid to him over the next 4 years. So if he leaves now he won’t get that money even though it is technically owed to him.

Loon

They are legally obligated to pay him though. Whether they have the money or not. If they don't he can unilaterally break the contract and negotiate with other clubs directly - with no transfer fee
This is what I meant about a possible solution with a five/ten year honour contract deal. He would at least stand a chance to get what he is owed. They seemingly don’t have it now.

Maybe your scenario might happen. Even if Barca are spending like crazy.

DomM

it ain't happening, move on to more realistic targets, there must be literally hundreds of better midfielders than mctominay or Fred.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
it ain't happening, move on to more realistic targets, there must be literally hundreds of better midfielders than mctominay or Fred.
There are, but United need the best in class in positions, just like how Klopp was hell bent on VVD, the right player in the spine of your team makes it a lot easier in challenging for major trophies. United doesn't need marginal upgrades.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Time to move on… we’re desperate for midfielders let de Jong and Barca f them selves. We want players who’ll jump at the chance to join us… not players that have to be persuaded to join us! Players who actually want to be here and make a name for themselves will give 110% in every match!
PureMate Air Purifier for Home, Quiet Air Cleaner with True HEPA level to ultimate muppetdom Filter with 4 Speeds and Sleep Mode, Night Light, Odors Dust Mold for Allergens Smokers Goodbye quitter your train stops here

No. They’ve been more successful due to being bankrolled by a Russian oligarch who ran up 1.2bn in debt to compete and has now left. At no point have they been bigger. At no point will they ever be bigger. Despite our ineptitude Manchester United have finished ahead of Chelsea in 4 of the last 7 seasons. They have a far bigger fanbase, are the most successful club in English football and are a global giant. They have just hired a very well regarded manager who FDJ loves and who has promised to build his entire project around in a style of football that suits him perfectly. Despite the continual wanking off of Chelsea on this forum they are miles off City and Liverpool on the pitch - much like Manchester United. They also have far lower revenue streams than Manchester United which will make it harder for them to compete when the new 70% transfer/wage FFP limitation comes in. This summer alone they have lost 2 key CBs, their 100m striker has fecked off on loan and they reportedly want to get rid of Pullisic, Werner and Ziyech - more signings they’ve spent huge money on that haven’t worked out. Two of their 3 starting CMs are also in the last year of their deal. So outside of fullback and goalkeeper they’re going through a full rebuild - hence why they move from high profile target to high profile target waving their new wallet around - they need players everywhere. So no, besides the short term CL football they haven’t got major advantages over us - it’s a genuine toss up who finishes 3rd and 4th outside of us, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs next year and if ETH is the real deal as you’d imagine FDJ thinks he is you’d like to bet longer term we’d be more likely to deliver success due to the resource advantage we have outside of this one summer where the new owner is waving his dick around buying the fan’s their love.
The Chelsea love-in with some of our fans is hilarious, didn’t even realise it was 4 of the last 7 years. Yet our fans talk like they are up there with Liverpool and City :lol:
Since Conte left they’ve been all over the shop, and that bizarre CL win (when they amassed just 67 league points) has masked so much it seems.
Since 2017 many poor big buys have been made (Morata, Lukaku, Werner etc), they had a transfer ban, a Russian ban and now a new not so rich owner.
And I really have no idea who will finish top 4 out of them, United or Spurs next season.

They, like us, are a bit “meh” right now.

Listening to some on here, you’d swear it was Chelsea 2007 or 2015 they were salivating over.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We never learn our lessons repeating the same mistakes for over a decade now. Chasing players all summer who don’t mind if they end up playing for us or staying put. We end up stopping actively recruiting other players because we get transfixed on one. If they do arrive, they arrive late in the day after months of distraction. This summers version is just another example of poor transfer management and strategy. He’s going to have to be darn good to justify this transfer farce.
Why is it poor strategy to go after the one player that the new coach believes will ultimately transform our team?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
The Chelsea love-in with some of our fans is hilarious, didn’t even realise it was 4 of the last 7 years. Yet our fans talk like they are up there with Liverpool and City :lol:
Since Conte left they’ve been all over the shop, and that bizarre CL win (when they amassed just 67 league points) has masked so much it seems.
Since 2017 many poor big buys have been made (Morata, Lukaku, Werner etc), they had a transfer ban, a Russian ban and now a new not so rich owner.
And I really have no idea who will finish top 4 out of them, United or Spurs next season.

They, like us, are a bit “meh” right now.

Listening to some on here, you’d swear it was Chelsea 2007 or 2015 they were salivating over.
It may be 4/8 now actually…I’ve tried to forget last season :lol:

I’m not worried about Chelsea at all. The biggest risk to this deal is him staying at Barcelona.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is what I meant about a possible solution with a five/ten year honour contract deal. He would at least stand a chance to get what he is owed. They seemingly don’t have it now.

Maybe your scenario might happen. Even if Barca are spending like crazy.
They signed Raphinha, Kessie, Christensen and Lewandowski. There is no way in hell they can claim not to have the money to pay him. If they don't that means they're going into administration and again, since they're not respecting the contract, he can break it and sign for someone else on a free. The only reason he should even consider doing what you say is if he believed the club was about to go bankrupt. A club that is about to go bankrupt does not do what barcelona are doing. So no, it does not make any sense for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.