Etc.
To the left to the right,
Romero tweets, whilst we track flights,
Sort his wages, pack his bags,
Make the Glazers back Ten Hag

RkkMan

Memphis could be joining him.
I said it the other day.
Buy Memphis for €20m, Barca use that to pay off FDJ, we get a back up versatile forward and our No1 target while Barca get 2 players off their wage bill
Win win situation for everyone

Rolaholic

I said it the other day.
Buy Memphis for €20m, Barca use that to pay off FDJ, we get a back up versatile forward and our No1 target while Barca get 2 players off their wage bill
Honestly wouldn't be bad for us at all. Memphis can play multiple positions in attack and he'd give us better striker depth than we currently have without Ronaldo. Also Frenkie would get another friend in the dressing room after Donny

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I said it the other day.
I’m on board - I wanted him on a free last summer. I think under the right manager Depay can be class in the role martial is playing. Him, Martial, Rashford, Sancho, Antony and Elanga would be a good set of modern forwards all very comfortable exchanging positions.

Lynty

I said it the other day.
Sounds reasonable.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
I said it the other day.
Ironically this could make happy folks who've banging about Antony being too light weight for Premier League.

Memphis is ripped AF, but still didn't lost his agility. He's also much more experienced footballer than before.

the_cliff

Listening to Graeme Hunter’s (meant to be a La Liga Guru) interview on talkSPORT, he was quite adamant that the idea of Barca not wanting to pay FDJ is complete nonsense. He said Barca have got no issues paying him what he’s owed. The only issue is that Barca want to pay it in instalments over a period of time. Also, the fact that FDJ wants to stay if possible and fancies his chances at getting back in.
So it could be as I thought all along, he actually wants to stay and we haven't convinced him yet.

Lynty

So it could be as I thought all along, he actually wants to stay and we haven't convinced him yet.
No, it's been well reported that Barca wanted to pay in installments. Their first offer being £3m, which equats to paying him back over 5 years - which is exactly the sort of structure they try to sign players with.

It's an absurd offer, and De Jong is rightly contesting it. Look at the state of Barca's finances and how they've conducted themselves in forcing him out the club despite him previously agreeing to defer his wages. I wouldn't have any trust in them, nor would I want to do them any favours by spreading the cost of my owed wages, whilst they are spending out on more players. He's right to contest and he should hold out for court.

the_cliff

No, it's been well reported that Barca wanted to pay in installments. Their first offer being £3m, which equats to paying him back over 5 years - which is exactly the sort of structure they try to sign players with.

It's an absurd offer, and De Jong is rightly contesting it. Look at the state of Barca's finances and how they've conducted themselves in forcing him out the club despite him previously agreeing to defer his wages. I wouldn't have any trust in them, nor would I want to do them any favours by spreading the cost of my owed wages, whilst they are spending out on more players. He's right to contest and he should hold out for court.
First I've read about their being numbers in the negotiations, what's the source ?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I said it the other day.
I'd take that, we're short on numbers up top with Mason being out.

mu4c_20le

I like Memphis, but isn't he more of a LW than a CF?
Fun fact: When he was here, he played at CF one time, and scored. After the departures of Lingard and Pogba, we have a void in the dressing room for a cool guy.

you know it makes sense.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Fun fact: When he was here, he played at CF one time, and scored. After the departures of Lingard and Pogba, we have a void in the dressing room for a cool guy.

you know it makes sense.
Don't need to convince me, I have a lot of time for this swaglord

Lynty

First I've read about their being numbers in the negotiations, what's the source ?
There was a few sources. I read it in the Guardian but it's saying i've read 12 articles this year now so can't access it. It was also quoted in a Talksport interview - but not sure what source they were using.

There's also other sources that are saying Barca owe nothing, as how the deferred wages/contract was structured means that if he leaves, the money isn't technically owed anymore. So the 3.5m offer would be a literally a peace offering.

Peicing it all together, we see that it's certainly the money thats the problem - and Barca either want to pay installments or a minimal severance package on what he is morally owed.

De Jong should not back down, and we shouldn't bail Barca out of the situation. They'll break eventually and either keep him on his contract (to be paid in full) or pay him off and get him out (most likely).

Last edited:

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
I would get Depay over Tony any day in case Ronaldo leaves. What is wrong with the board? Feels like you guys basically have no money to spend this summer.

GinobiliTheGOAT

This reply has nothing to do with my post. They cannot buy back their tv rights and future revenue, it’s sold. Possibly 2bn+ of rights for 500m or so.

And no, anyone with a brain said the opposite when Messi left, I was one of the most vocal in the Messi contract thread bullshitting the idea that Barça would lose tonnes of revenue due to Messi and that he was responsible for much of their revenue.
Yes they can, you actually have zero clue how this deal works and are spouting complete nonsense. They can absolutely buy back their BLM rights as stated in the contract for the 49.9%. They can buy back the 49.9% for 300 million.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
There was a few sources. I read it in the Guardian but it's saying i've read 12 articles this year now so can't access it. It was also quoted in a Talksport interview - but not sure what source they were using.

3.5 and 1% stake in Barca licensing & merchandising will crack the deal.

Amazing club, no wonder Frenkie is playing "am not leaving" scene.

SAFMUTD

So that's Barca offering 3.5M of the reported 16M they owe him.

I don't think FDJ will accept

croadyman

Can't believe this thread is still going. Every time I open it, 30-40 pages have been added, with no new information at all. Just people going in circles debating the same things and pointlessly speculating over and over again. This has to be one of the saddest threads I've seen in here since.........oh....last summer?

Should be locked until there's some actual news. People are losing their lives and sanity in here.
Kinda wish it was locked until anything concrete happens then wouldn't be tempted to check it

the_cliff

There's also other sources that are saying Barca owe nothing, as how the deferred wages/contract was structured means that if he leaves, the money isn't technically owed anymore. So the 3.5m offer would be a literally a peace offering.

Peicing it all together, we see that it's certainly the money thats the problem - and Barca either want to pay installments or a minimal severance package on what he is morally owed.

De Jong should not back down, and we shouldn't bail Barca out of the situation. They'll break eventually and either keep him on his contract (to be paid in full) or pay him off and get him out (most likely).

I'll pass on that source.

No reliable source I have seen has mentioned any numbers in terms of negotiations, not from the Spanish side or the English.

Status
Not open for further replies.