Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

I'm still undecided whether I miss the old school transfer experience of newspapers and teletext compared to the now minute by minute updates of what the player is doing on a beach or having for his tea.
I’ll never forget the Teletext main story which said Alan Shearer had agreed to sign for Man Utd. I’ve had trust issues ever since.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Well when a club does shady business like Barcelona it would only serve them right.
its only bothering you because its holding up Utd

If it was Liverpool chasing a Barc player you wouldnt give a shit

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I'm still undecided whether I miss the old school transfer experience of newspapers and teletext compared to the now minute by minute updates of what the player is doing on a beach or having for his tea.
Even teletext used to have bizarre rumours. Especially ITV text. It used to be headlines advertising expensive hot lines. So you would see Utd in for Shearer or Kluivert call this number to find out more (I may or may not have done this a few times :nervous:)

BBC text was solid though. Found out about Andy Cole and it was all signed and sealed on same day. Amazing time

Chief123

Why can't they just use the money they get from United to pay him off ?
Listening to Graeme Hunter’s (meant to be a La Liga Guru) interview on talkSPORT, he was quite adamant that the idea of Barca not wanting to pay FDJ is complete nonsense. He said Barca have got no issues paying him what he’s owed. The only issue is that Barca want to pay it in instalments over a period of time. Also, the fact that FDJ wants to stay if possible and fancies his chances at getting back in.

Teja

I just think that he will take a salary reduction on a new contract, with a very sizable signing on bonus, then he has ultimately got what he wants.
Yeah it's possible. If they really want to keep FdJ and if he's willing to sign a Dembele like contract with very little base pay + lots of performance bonuses and takes a onetime sign-on, maybe they can get it done.

The problem is if they even want to keep him. It's clear the CM future is Pedri / Gavi. FdJ is not particularly good at this position. Busquets is not getting displaced and Xavi is not changing to a 4-2-3-1 with FdJ - Kessie double pivot and a #10 ahead of them.

Along that note, does anyone know where Kessie was used yesterday? Like for like instead of Busquets?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't mind witing for FDJ until the end IF we land him, I doubt we can get anyone on his level anyway.
If we can't land him and don't get anyone else it'll be a major feckery though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Murtough - "Dave..."
De Gea - "Yeah?"
Murtough - "Remember that time you unplugged the fax machine to stop Real buying you?"
De Gea - "Iol yeah."
Murtough - "Did you remember to plug it back in afterwards?"
De Gea - "........feck."

Status
Not open for further replies.