Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Fully expect this to happen super fast after the internationals. No doubt there is an understanding but if he breaks his leg etc you don't want to have an agreement announced beforehand. I'd say almost right after the internationals we'll get the English press coverage ramping up.

croadyman

He's desperate to stay and Barcelona are still Arthuring him.

This is only good for us. He will come here with a fire inside of him not seen since his Ajax days just to show Barca what they gave up on.
Hope you are right on that

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
He's desperate to stay and Barcelona are still Arthuring him.

This is only good for us. He will come here with a fire inside of him not seen since his Ajax days just to show Barca what they gave up on.
Or it could be another Di Maria situation, where he only comes here to play so he can move to a club he'd rather be at the season after.

WPMUFC

Is this really happening ?
Probably. Spanish journo was contacted directly by an agent to say the process was "activated". But these tournaments always slow down deals. We'll get the usual filler newspaper stories about "agreements" all the way up till the last game then the real reporting will start.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Another player using us near contract extension. Just like Ramos.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Does he have a crush on amad?
Such a strange choice for following :lol:
"Hi Amad I see from the website that you are a Manchester United player. How does it feel like to play there as a young player?"

Amad : "Dunno, never played for them but I have the shirt. Its aerodynamic"

Red the Bear

Something less generic
"Hi Amad I see from the website that you are a Manchester United player. How does it feel like to play there as a young player?"

Amad : "Dunno, never played for them but I have the shirt. Its aerodynamic"
Write the erotica that follows thereafter as well.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
You need to grow up. I'm pretty much the same age because after 34 you might as well stop counting, and I play video games. Should I grow up? I don't work long hours at the business factory, literally ripping my remaining hair out because computer not worky worky, dealing with team members coming to me in tears because Mr Feckface - Director of Fecking Shit Up and External Comms - is fecking their shit up, only to come home to a house full of kids who need me to do everything except wipe their arses and sit watching some crap film about a dumb fish who lost his dad. Boo fecking hoo, feck that shit.

Once they've been herded one by one for their baths or showers and had their school clothes washed and pressed, finally going to sleep after spending the hours of 5:30-9:00 making more noise than Cina's mum during the last spin cycle of a 1600rpm cotton wash, I'm not going to sit and do something boring as shit like read an Avon brochure or find out how many capybaras are left in the wild. I'm pretending to be a fecking Thargoid destroying motherfecking Space Pirate, or building a dynasty made up entirely of inbred monks in CK3 before I invade France (because FECK. THEM.) or flying a tank through a helicopter just in time for Battlefield to lose its shitty connection again.
:lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You need to grow up. I'm pretty much the same age because after 34 you might as well stop counting, and I play video games. Should I grow up? I don't work long hours at the business factory, literally ripping my remaining hair out because computer not worky worky, dealing with team members coming to me in tears because Mr Feckface - Director of Fecking Shit Up and External Comms - is fecking their shit up, only to come home to a house full of kids who need me to do everything except wipe their arses and sit watching some crap film about a dumb fish who lost his dad. Boo fecking hoo, feck that shit.

Once they've been herded one by one for their baths or showers and had their school clothes washed and pressed, finally going to sleep after spending the hours of 5:30-9:00 making more noise than Cina's mum during the last spin cycle of a 1600rpm cotton wash, I'm not going to sit and do something boring as shit like read an Avon brochure or find out how many capybaras are left in the wild. I'm pretending to be a fecking Thargoid destroying motherfecking Space Pirate, or building a dynasty made up entirely of inbred monks in CK3 before I invade France (because FECK. THEM.) or flying a tank through a helicopter just in time for Battlefield to lose its shitty connection again.
:lol: This is how I see my not-so-distant future look like. It's depressing compared to now. :(

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol: This is how I see my not-so-distant future look like. It's depressing compared to now. :(
True. Hair loss is no joke. You may try to hide it by comb over, but you can't lie to your eyes that always drawn to that regressed spot.

ash_86

Good news. If it comes downs to the fee, we will get it over the line eventually. I still think its' more got to do with the structure of the payments.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Seems like now we’ve finally been able to persuade de jong to join it’s just the fee that’s stopping the deal from happening. We ain’t gonna pay 80 for him… we’ll try and negotiate the price down a little bit.

Cman

The first time British press have said the he wants to come. Promising signs. Wrapped up by this time next week. Fingers crossed

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So who do we move for after de Jong is sealed? Timber? Antony?

MiracleInMadrid

If we cave in to Barcas demand for a fee, and don’t manage to get him at a good price, we surely must be the worst negotiators in Europe.

Barca will be desperate to any kind of money right now, with serious financial issues and a herd of players lined up to sign deals with them - some already signed but can’t be registrered because of the financial mess they are in.

As someone mentioned above, it must be the structure of the payments that’s most likely the biggest issue.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It was clear midfield was the priority so chunk of our budget was supposed to go to FDJ. Think Nunez deal is officially done as we surely cant pay what is being demanded.

I am glad we were able to convince FDJ. He will most likely transform our team and with Ronaldo staying, we can focus on some other area this window. Maybe get a young upcoming striker for next season

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
In this article there is a slight implication that Joel Glazer took decision that only one of Nunez or FDJ can be signed considering both are high transfer fee signing. Think that was the delay for FDJ as they were seeing what will be the final price for Nunez.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
In this article there is a slight implication that Joel Glazer took decision that only one of Nunez or FDJ can be signed considering both are high transfer fee signing. Think that was the delay for FDJ as they were seeing what will be the final price for Nunez.
FDJ this summer, striker next summer then? Can hardly believe the club's transfer strategy centred around possibly getting a striker before a midfielder. Obvious to anyone where the greater weakness is.

RkkMan

FDJ this summer, striker next summer then? Can hardly believe the club's transfer strategy centred around possibly getting a striker before a midfielder. Obvious to anyone where the greater weakness is.
Or perhaps FDJ and a cheaper ST/RW? I doubt we fail to sign a forward with Cavani and Greenwood gone with Martial possibly leaving too

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

You didn't have to destroy him this bad.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The only thing I could pick out from the article that slightly concerned me, is the bit below. It seems Joel Glazer wants deals to be done later in the window due to there being a 'different kind of price' as Whitwell puts it.

Laurie Whitwell: "For Ten Hag’s first summer however, it would be prudent to deliver a marquee player in a key area of the pitch, even at a significant cost. There is a different kind of price for doing deals later, in terms of manager satisfaction and pre-season preparations. Joel Glazer’s role in United’s decision-making is well-known and remains the case."

https://theathletic.com/#_=_

Lentwood

Am I the only person that worries we don't seem to have learnt much here?

It seems like we're once again trying to buy someone for a large fee who we expect to transform a dysfunctional side.

Realistically, I think we'll need four players before we see consistently good results. A GK, two CMs and a CF. If we can't afford to buy FDJ plus 2/3 more, we should probably look elsewhere to get max expected value

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Am I the only person that worries we don't seem to have learnt much here?

It seems like we're once again trying to buy someone for a large fee who we expect to transform a dysfunctional side.

Realistically, I think we'll need four players before we see consistently good results. A GK, two CMs and a CF. If we can't afford to buy FDJ plus 2/3 more, we should probably look elsewhere to get max expected value
But we are not expecting one player to transform the side, we are expecting a good coach to transform this side and player like De Jong will/may play big role in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.