Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yep. People just write off us finishing above Liverpool just one season back as a total fluke.
But it happened, and can happen again. That's why we all love football.

Who thought the mid 2000s Chelsea who truly looked invincible would drop off so quickly etc.
The summer they bought shevchenko and ballack. I thought we were done and wouldn’t win the league for years :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Unrelated to this deal but just adds context as to the massive financial shitter that lot are in and why they'll likely end up offloading one of their best (non-homegrown) assets...

All those deferred payments are coming back to haunt them...

The previous club president seruously belongs in jail for the type of mismanagement that happened under him :lol: :houllier:.

The obscene money Messi was making was one thing but they absolutely killed themselves with the vast majority of the contracts and transfer fees that were handed out over the years.
Fecking hell...€80m! How long have they been owing him?

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
This window is going to end up exactly like DM first window.

The club are simply awful at conducting transfers and nothing seems to change, no matter what changes happen.

We are seriously going to start the new season with McFred in the midfield.

It’s an embarrassment!

This club is supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, and we need to start acting like it!
Hysterical much!

pascell

This window is going to end up exactly like DM first window.

The club are simply awful at conducting transfers and nothing seems to change, no matter what changes happen.

We are seriously going to start the new season with McFred in the midfield.

It’s an embarrassment!

This club is supposed to be one of the biggest clubs in the world, and we need to start acting like it!
Yeah it's exactly like the Di Maria window, I agree, getting strong Di Maria vibes about all this.

DannyDee

Yeah it's exactly like the Di Maria window, I agree, getting strong Di Maria vibes about all this.
I think Frenkie is probably much more willing to live in Manchester and comfortable in an English speaking nation. Di Maria and his entire family's issue was they hated the idea of moving from Madrid to Manchester. Most players are professional enough to adapt to new surroundings once they get into training and get to know there teammates. Di Maria's issues seemed to derive as much from external pressure from family as him just not wanting to be here.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Muppets are just impatient to the point of making shit up. If we signed De Jong even in two weeks time, it would be an ‘early’ deal. There would still be more than two whole fecking months of the window left, yet people are moaning about United ‘typically dragging it on’ - which is also bollocks.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Muppets are just impatient to the point of making shit up. If we signed De Jong even in two weeks time, it would be an ‘early’ deal. There would still be more than two whole fecking months of the window left, yet people are moaning about United ‘typically dragging it on’ - which is also bollocks.
Exactly. Let Frenkie at least have a couple of weeks to relax before he turns us down and we go on to our second choice; Fellaini.

Ruud89

If we get FDJ then we can forget about signing other players at key positions as we simply won't have the funds.

Best to sign Neves for around £50 million and get a few more players with the remaining budget.

seegoblu

Hasn't Barcelona been lining up various other deals to make up for the CVC deal? Gerard Romero has highlighted them recently, and it seems like they'll give Barcelona some relief this summer. On Frenkie, this'll basically mean Xavi will be the main driver behind the Frenkie sale.

Overall, this feels like the ownership playing politics in attempting to make Xavi bear the burden of this potential sale. This is all despite Xavi stating that he wants to keep De Jong around and sees him as a key piece in the side.
I think this is what many posters don't seem to acknowledge in their posts about Barca being in financial distress and therefore should be willing to sell FDJ at a loss or at least at the price we want. The sale of FDJ will not fix their issues, their CFO said they needed over 500m Euros this summer. That can only happen with the sale of 49.9% of Barca Studios (like MUTV) and 25% of their future TV revenues. The Socios have an annual meeting this week to approve these deals, and if approved will not only fix their short term issues, allow them to register Kessie and Christensen but also provide them with the capital to get Lewandowski...all without selling FDJ. They simply don't need to sell FDJ.

goalscholes

I think this is what many posters don't seem to acknowledge in their posts about Barca being in financial distress and therefore should be willing to sell FDJ at a loss or at least at the price we want. The sale of FDJ will not fix their issues, their CFO said they needed over 500m Euros this summer. That can only happen with the sale of 49.9% of Barca Studios (like MUTV) and 25% of their future TV revenues. The Socios have an annual meeting this week to approve these deals, and if approved will not only fix their short term issues, allow them to register Kessie and Christensen but also provide them with the capital to get Lewandowski...all without selling FDJ. They simply don't need to sell FDJ.
Wouldnt they rather sell a backup player for a couple of million less than they’d like and not give up such a percentage of a key future source of revenue?

If not, they’re idiots.

AndySmith1990

Wouldnt they rather sell a backup player for a couple of million less than they’d like and not give up such a percentage of a key future source of revenue?

If not, they’re idiots.
Well they got themselves in to £1b worth of debt, and even now they're trying to sign god knows how many players despite not being able to register any new players. My point is that they are indeed an idiotic club.

Matst1

It seems like even if we do sign him aswell as 3 others we’ll still be miles behind city and Liverpool they’ve both just improved there strikers even after being the highest scorers in the league… let alone they have 2 of the best managers in the world. Seems like we’re going to be fighting a losing battle. I have every confidence that ten Hag can bridge the gap a little bit but I don’t think it will be enough.. aslong as those 2 managers are in this league and spending like they are then I’m not sure wether we’ll see another league title.
Pool are losing mane, have replaced him with a good goal scorer but he’s definitely no mane, they have been weakened, so far..

Man city on the other hand, god help us all

seegoblu

If not, they’re idiots.
Selling FDJ for 80m or 100m doesn't change the fact that they need 500m+. They have to sell assets off the pitch to meet their obligations. I agree they will rue the day they sold these specific assets, but when the credit card bill comes due, you have to pay.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hopefully this is sarcasm, it’s hard to tell on here at times.
You don’t think neves or tielemans would improve us? I think neves with FDJ would be a good midfield pairing. Definitely better then Fred and mctominay… could them 2 control games? I’m not to sure. I believe FDJ is a midfielder that can control games and set the tempo but won’t that depend on who he’s partnered with?.. Can neves keep hold of the ball?

Abraxas

It's just the usual posturing. The clubs are clearly in negotiations and that's where it stands. Don't know why one or two get so dramatic and start proclaiming that we should wash our hands of our top target just because it hasn't progressed at this early stage in the market. Both clubs are very likely to find a compromise.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You don’t think neves or tielemans would improve us? I think neves with FDJ would be a good midfield pairing. Definitely better then Fred and mctominay… could them 2 control games? I’m not to sure. I believe FDJ is a midfielder that can control games and set the tempo but won’t that depend on who he’s partnered with?.. Can neves keep hold of the ball?
Not at the expense of giving up on FDJ. You sign him first at all costs given this is a special set of circumstances unlikely to be repeated and then yes either Neves or Tielemans would be great, I like both players. I like Fred too though he’s not a DM/6 but we must sign FDJ.

Tarrou

It’s probably agreed and we’re waiting for him to finish his season

these journalists have to fill the void with something

Cantonagotmehere

I think Frenkie is probably much more willing to live in Manchester and comfortable in an English speaking nation. Di Maria and his entire family's issue was they hated the idea of moving from Madrid to Manchester. Most players are professional enough to adapt to new surroundings once they get into training and get to know there teammates. Di Maria's issues seemed to derive as much from external pressure from family as him just not wanting to be here.
And that he's a prick....

SuperiorXI

Anyone else just not really arsed about this? I'm not excited like previous transfer windows. I just hope more than anything to see a style of play and some direction next season over and above any one player.

If we don't get Frenkie, I'm honestly not arsed.

George The Best

It seems like even if we do sign him aswell as 3 others we’ll still be miles behind city and Liverpool they’ve both just improved there strikers even after being the highest scorers in the league… let alone they have 2 of the best managers in the world. Seems like we’re going to be fighting a losing battle. I have every confidence that ten Hag can bridge the gap a little bit but I don’t think it will be enough.. aslong as those 2 managers are in this league and spending like they are then I’m not sure wether we’ll see another league title.
We are not going to fix that problem in one window with a limited budget. We can’t get anywhere near City and Liverpool where we are. We need to be strong enough next season to make top 4 and use the added income from CL to further strengthen the following season. We will get there, but it will take time. We all need a dose of patience and keep supporting the new manager. He’s got a bloody tough job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Anyone else just not really arsed about this? I'm not excited like previous transfer windows. I just hope more than anything to see a style of play and some direction next season over and above any one player.

Well, that style of play requires a player like Frenkie. He could mitigate a lot of shit we won't get around to solving in one window. I know we have alternative midfield targets, but I'd be surprised if we've got any players with a similar skillset as backup options.

It's going to happen.

SuperiorXI

Well, that style of play requires a player like Frenkie. He could mitigate a lot of shit we won't get around to solving in one window. I know we have alternative midfield targets, but I'd be surprised if we've got any players with a similar skillset as backup options.

It's going to happen.
I don't believe for one second that he's our only hope.

luke511

He’ll be the most important signing since RVP, given how hard it is to get hold of a quality deep lying playmaker, so a very good reason to be arsed. A lack of enthusiasm after last season is fair enough though.

Tarrou

I’m the exact opposite. There are no other players available with his skill set. I think we’ll struggle to implement the style of play and direction you’re hoping for without him.

Giggsy13

Hopefully this is sarcasm, it’s hard to tell on here at times.
Nah, it’s not sarcasm when Neves and Tielemans would instantly upgrade our pathetically weak midfield. Chasing de Jong when Barca may find a solution to their financial issues, that sounds a bit haphazard to me.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we do get FDJ, i hope the Club invest a bit more on his home security. We don't want another di Maria happened, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.