Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not gonna lie. I thought Erik would bring in his top Ajax talent with him. Surprised to hear that Gravenberch decided on Bayern and Timber reluctant to join now. If De Jong doesn't fancy it and Antony doesn't happen either I fancy a deadline day snatch of Haller, Schone and Klaasen. :lol:
Blind - PL proven, knows the club and manager

AndySmith1990

- If he stays, a salary reduction will be made.
- €19M if all the variables of his contract were met.
- No, with the economic agreements Barcelona does not need to take away FDJ's salary to register new players.
- Barcelona's finances will be good or bad in the future depending on the management they do.
Must be nice living in the fantasy land of Barcelona, where you can accumulate a billion pound of debt and then continue to sign high profile players and lower players wages at will without consequence.

What a truly ridiculous club.

RopersReturn

Absolute nonsense. Insenstive? Worried he'll hurt the feelings of the club that want to bin him?
Not really, he’s ambitious so even if Barcelona no longer want him, he’s more likely to sign for another successful club competing in the top competitions.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
What if he says no thanks? :lol:
Well, then there will be no salary reduction. Another thing is if that affects him to play more or less and what the relationship with his teammates will be.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Must be nice living in the fantasy land of Barcelona, where you can accumulate a billion pound of debt and then continue to sign high profile players and lower players wages at will without consequence.

What a truly ridiculous club.
Precisely to me you are going to tell me, that I have been predicting this for 5 years.
You lack a lot of information.

Explain to me the consequence of signing high-profile players and lowering players' salaries.
You lack a lot of information.

Rolaholic

If that's the case I have no real problem with the club playing hardball with Barca, might as well try to get the best possible deal for us

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
But you still haven't registered Kessie, Christensen and that young lad according to reports. Why's that then?
Before June 30 Barcelona will close an economic agreement to end the season with benefits, this is important for financial fair play.
Once this is done, work will be done to close the remaining economic agreements and the players will be registered.
This is the roadmap.

Withnail

Before June 30 Barcelona will close an economic agreement to end the season with benefits, this is important for financial fair play.
Once this is done, work will be done to close the remaining economic agreements and the players will be registered.
This is the roadmap.
You're not actually saying anything here at all so we'll leave it there. They'll sell because they have to imo.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
You're not actually saying anything here at all so we'll leave it there. They'll sell because they have to imo.
I think they will sell because they want to. Very few clubs keep a 19m a year salaried player unless he's not producing to the high expectations set by the club.

BarstoolProphet

Not gonna lie. I thought Erik would bring in his top Ajax talent with him. Surprised to hear that Gravenberch decided on Bayern and Timber reluctant to join now. If De Jong doesn't fancy it and Antony doesn't happen either I fancy a deadline day snatch of Haller, Schone and Klaasen. :lol:
Gravenberch has already said that he had already given his word to Bayern by the time ETH became United manager and tried to convince him. Timber by all account is worried about his playing time, even though he shouldn't have a hard time displacing Maguire, Lindelöf or Varane.

caid

Well, then there will be no salary reduction. Another thing is if that affects him to play more or less and what the relationship with his teammates will be.
Cool, sounds like a good way to reduce his price next january / summer.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

If that's the case I have no real problem with the club playing hardball with Barca, might as well try to get the best possible deal for us
We should give them a deadline and move away afterwards. Whenever barcelona get back to us we should reduce 5m for every week past that deadline from our final offer till the end of this window.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Considering Madrid paid 100m euros for
Tchouameni, 85m euros is not that bad evaluation. Maybe 75m + 10m will get the deal done. According to Romero we have offered 70m , expecting this to close in 2 weeks

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not sure what you're saying here. I didn't follow the Nunez thing at all so you'll have to enlighten me. Also which clubs are also trying to buy Frenkie?
Who knows. Pool signed Nunez within days of their interest being public. Just because there is no other club publically showing interest, doesnt mean there isn’t other clubs interested.
Also just because there isn’t any others interested today, doesn't mean there won’t be tomorrow. That is why it is dangerous to drag out deals publically

caid

Tchouameni, 85m euros is not that bad evaluation. Maybe 75m + 10m will get the deal done. According to Romero we have offered 70m , expecting this to close in 2 weeks
Hes a good enough player that i dont particularly care what we pay. All of the prices seem fine to me really. Its just too good an opportunity to get a good deal. And barcelona are too annoying to deal with for me to be inclined to give them a good deal back.
I wouldn't mind throwing a bit extra at an ajax player to get it over the line because dealing with them tends to be discreet and professional. And they dont try to rinse us every time we deal with them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Who knows. Pool signed Nunez within days of their interest being public. Just because there is no other club publically showing interest, doesnt mean there isn’t other clubs interested.
Also just because there isn’t any others interested today, doesn't mean there won’t be tomorrow. That is why it is dangerous to drag out deals publically
Nunez was already linked with Liverpool publicly since May.

dal

Bruno, Sancho, Varane.

Granted our management has been shit however we have done very well recently with out signings and negotiations. Will probably end at £60 million with £9 million add ons (€80m) hope hes worth it, my least confident signing since lukaku.

Everybody negotiates ffs our is just more public than most, £10 million could be the difference between signing a full back/ CF/ DM or not.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Anyway probably no longer relevant as he's gone but I always get reminded of this when news of us haggling over the price comes up. :lol:

Mainoldo

Madrid signed anyone else?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona if they don't want to sell him won't. With these economic agreements they do not need it. Another thing is that if Barcelona does not see him essential they prefer to sell it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Madrid signed anyone else?
But thats not how you evaluate players. Barca doesn’t care if we buy no one after FDJ. They see 22 year old from Monaco who hasn’t done much going for 100m, they will obviously ask for something closer to that. Its upto us to decide what sort of fee we want to pay. But in general i dont think the price is atrocious

sepulturite

We officially signed Sancho over a month after the 'far/20m apart' stories too.

The Muppet life isn't for the feint of heart, squeamish or impatient :lol: :nono:
You have to take in to account though that Sancho and Varane were on holidays for part of that period before officially signing I think, (correct me if I'm wrong?) so I wouldn't be surprised if they were basically signed during that period, but it just wasn't made official because of those player holidays etc.

It's going to be same story here, we'll agree the deal with Barca, (maybe we have already) but it won't be official until he's back from holiday some time.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Remember when Romero said like more than a month ago that de Jong will be ten Hag's first signing? He might not be wrong at all.

Withnail

I see what you mean. It's a balancing act though but as far as all information available goes there's no one else interested. Hopefully, they can stop swinging dicks soon and agree a price.

NoPace

I don't understand this at all. He's a ball playing midfielder who isn't a #10 those are impossible to find and good teams need them. Much rather spend 70M on him than 30M on a decent DM and 40M on a #10 like Arsenal did with 40M on Odegaard or Vieira and then 20M on a decent but limited DM.

Status
Not open for further replies.