• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Barca fans rattled. You arrogant cnuts :lol:
:lol::lol:
Love this one
I hope for his sake he doesn't go there as it's pretty much career suicide.
Well I suppose at least we can afford to pay our players what we promised them? Defo barca is a much better option for a footballer atm?

George The Best

I do wonder what would happen if he dug his heels in and said i'm not leaving, and i'm not taking a pay cut or deferring anymore of my salary.
He's signed to a contract that Barca have an obligation to honour... wouldn't it be incredible if he didn't want to leave because he loved the club, but was the catalyst for other players to do the same, ultimately destroying the club.
If he takes that stance he could well destroy Barca - which is why I don’t think he will do it. He would become public enemy number 1 which is the picture Barca are trying to paint. He’s being hung out to dry. Take a massive pay cut (and possibly agree to a reduction in his deferred salary - which Barca may also throw in) or leave getting Barca a salvaging transfer fee. He’s being stitched up despite me really wanting him at Utd.

croadyman

This is dragging on a bit. It doesn't appear there is a date that works as a demarcation point. At this point, anytime before September will do.
Yeah door definitely slammed shut on him being done in time for tour, can say the same for Eriksen too so only new face will be Malacia

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
If he takes that stance he could well destroy Barca - which is why I don’t think he will do it. He would become public enemy number 1 which is the picture Barca are trying to paint. He’s being hung out to dry. Take a massive pay cut (and possibly agree to a reduction in his deferred salary - which Barca may also throw in) or leave getting Barca a salvaging transfer fee. He’s being stitched up despite me really wanting him at Utd.
If those are his options, i really don't see him taking the pay cut. He'd likely leave the club on a promise to return in the future, which to be fair would be a bigger kick in the balls for us

hobbers

Barca fans jelly jelly of a club that can get by without committing financial fraud, dishonouring contracts and ripping their employees off.

George The Best

If those are his options, i really don't see him taking the pay cut. He'd likely leave the club on a promise to return in the future, which to be fair would be a bigger kick in the balls for us
But Barca don’t really want him or can afford to pay him. They wouldn’t want him back.

Irrational.

Or he could just ask Barcelona to honor the contract that they signed with him. Scumbag club.
They are a scumbag club masquerading as some kind of holier-than-thou safehaven of footballing purity. And being broke at the same time. I hope they lose everything that is valuable to them.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
It's almost a shame we're doing them a favor by taking Frenkie from them.
Or we could tell Frenkie to stay... dig his heels in, destroy the club, cause them to liquidate, then sign him on a free :D

In all seriousness, Barca are truly in the shite at the moment. We may be poorly run, be at least we're honest with the players when it comes to contracts! (future plans and signings etc, maybe not so much haha)

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
ButtonFC might pull another chocolate lever soon.

lex talionis

What exactly is holding up the deal? We were told previously that it takes a great deal if time to prepare a bid. Then we were told that the clubs were closing in on terms. What is it that we’re being told now?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
What exactly is holding up the deal? We were told previously that it takes a great deal if time to prepare a bid. Then we were told that the clubs were closing in on terms. What is it that we’re being told now?
I'm sure we'd all love to know for sure.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Were being told it's add-ons etc, but some believe it could be the fact that Barca owe Frenkie €40m which he'd rightly want

WPMUFC

Man Laporta is a massive scumbag. So that is why he added the wage comment to his press conference. He's turned this into FDJ vs money and setting the narrative that if Frenkie doesn't lower his contractually agreed wage then he's a money grubbing snake and had to be sold. How can anyone want to play for a club like that?

The Bloody-Nine

You should stop paying attention to what you're being told.

bosskeano

hell i think we all want this saga sorted sooner rather than later including ETH.....key though is to have it done before they fly out on Friday

Zoo

Frenkie de Jong tonight at LÍO in Ibiza with teammates from the Dutch national team

WPMUFC

I expect a flurry of updates when his holiday ends. Now we know it's MUFC or a second wage reduction, the player will have a much bigger say than just his agent dealing with it. Hell, he was preparing to propose to his partner, I doubt he wanted to think about these decisions at that time.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I expect a flurry of updates when his holiday ends. Now we know it's MUFC or a second wage reduction, the player will have a much bigger say than just his agent dealing with it. Hell, he was preparing to propose to his partner, I doubt he wanted to think about these decisions at that time.
Looks like it’s soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.