Frenkie de Jong | The last muppeting lap

Frenkie to United?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Murthough and Arnold are on holidays, Barcelona is a great city to visit.

It is insane that Murthough has been working on this deal from before the Arnold videos came out, there's no way.
What vids, of them knocking up prozzies on De Ramblas or summat?

reddev3

If they successfully trigger the second lever, they would have generated around €500-550M. Doesn’t this mean that they can afford to keep De Jong if they wanted to, pay his outstanding salary and still sign players?
They don't want to though. That money has to be used to get the club in good shape over the next how many years. They can't really burn a ton of cash on player that isn't really indispensable. They wouldn't shed a tear if he left.

He's obviously a great player but the upsides of selling him massively outweigh the downsides for them. The only way he stays is if he doesn't get his money somehow if he left and then decides to dig his heels in. I think that's highly unlikely though because the chances of him not getting that money are slim to none.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Naah it’ll be the Danish bloke with the dicky ticker
We'll get shit on if we play a midfield two of Eriksen and Frenkie. He needs a hard-working defensive-minded player next to him. Not necessarily a DM but just someone who knows when to drop back like we saw Scott/Fred do at times today.

city-puma

If they successfully trigger the second lever, they would have generated around €500-550M. Doesn’t this mean that they can afford to keep De Jong if they wanted to, pay his outstanding salary and still sign players?
This is good news, because it means they will have money to pay FDJ’s deferred salary. They have decided to sell.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
But they’re in Barcelona on the piss, I read it on the BBC
On the piss... code for getting de Jong hammered before having a random club official get all giddy over seeing him, presenting him with a contract and asking him for his "autograph" on a certain dotted line

buchansleftleg

I think they also have a huge amount of other players back pay and staged transfer payments to that are due.

Given these levers are basically selling future TV rights revenue ahead of time the large numbers involved would surely have to be to service all this debt as well as fund their current transfer activity.

Red00012

I mean if people want to believe that were after a player that has no intention of coming to United or leaving Barca at all, but at the same time has no intention of taking another pay cut or giving up his deferred wages... well, I don't know what to tell you.

There is no chance we're going for a guy that's said he won't come at all. It just wouldn't happen when we're trying to rebuild our reputation in the market too... some guys need to use common sense here
I think you need to come out of that rock you’ve been living in

Red00012

It’s not just FDJ they owe wages to.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
I think you need to come out of that rock you’ve been living in
Why, because I don't believe we'd waste our time chasing an unobtainable player? Because I don't believe random journos spouting the same shit over and over pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes?

Because we all know that these twitter guys have a hard wire tapped into de Jong's brain reading his every thought

Berbaclass

Why, because I don't believe we'd waste our time chasing an unobtainable player? Because I don't believe random journos spouting the same shit over and over pretending to know what's going on behind the scenes?

Because we all know that these twitter guys have a hard wire tapped into de Jong's brain reading his every thought
You're definitely not talking about Romano right? :wenger:

Reiver

Signing Frenkie de Jong from Barcelona is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. It feels like you've been hard at it for months, levers will be pulled and in the end you just want the cnut and hope they come.

peridigm

It’s not just FDJ they owe wages to.
I found a couple of articles stating they owe Pique 50m and Busquets 20m over the next two years. There are probably more. Did Messi let them off the hook for his wages or do they still owe him?

Red00012

Murtough and Arnold have been spotted in Barcelona … Most reliable UK journalists have confirmed Utd are interested …do you not think we’d have walked away if we knew FDJ had absolutely no intention of joining us?

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
You're definitely not talking about Romano right? :wenger:
Naaaah never.
Funny though how, as mentioned before, one of the most reliable reporters connected to Barca said things were going well, yet Romano says de Jong AND his agent have told United he has no intention of leaving United and the thread brings out the walk away line.

Shows the influence Romano has over people. He could tweet anything and people would believe it. As I said though, I do rate him and I do believe he has a lot of contacts, but I think he has the tendency of going rogue sometimes

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
Murtough and Arnold have been spotted in Barcelona … Most reliable UK journalists have confirmed Utd are interested …do you not think we’d have walked away if we knew FDJ had absolutely no intention of joining us?
Hang on, have you got my messages mixed up?

I believe he HAS given assurances to ten Hag and so has his agents hence why were pushing hard for him. I was saying I don't understand why People still believe we haven't got them assurances and are chasing him blindly, ultimately making a fool of ourselves

Red00012

I found a couple of articles stating they owe Pique 50m and Busquets 20m over the next two years. There are probably more. Did Messi let them off the hook for his wages or do they still owe him?
They owe Messi , they still owe money for the Coutinho transfer ( a debt collection agency rather than Liverpool )

Berbaclass

I'm pretty sure that's what he's saying.

In fact. I know for sure he is.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

Romano quoted his agent directly. If Ten Hag has been talking to the prick and his agent still comes out and says De Jong does not want to leave Barca then its not a good fecking look is it?

Especially since it had already come out previously the two clubs agreed a deal structure you would assume would address his deferred wages he is owed the figure quoted was €85M all in by all reports.

So if he has had ETH in his ear and if his deferred wages issue has or will be sorted yet he still tells his agent to tell Barca he doesn't want to leave how is that beneficial to United? Have we not learned from Di Maria, Pogba, Sanchez etc?

Also not waste time going after unobtainable players?? Have you met us? :lol:

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca
It does.. but Barca don't want to keep him, don't be fooled by Laporta or Xavi's words. This is one way traffic from the start, club want him gone but Frenkie is/was reluctant to leave. I personally believe the player wants to stay as Barca are his dream club + he's settled, but not that he's against joining United/Chelsea/whoever. Laporta and his media contacts started to leak Frenkie's wages (which no doubt pissed him off) to put pressure on him and in turn, Frenkie has let it be known Barca owe him deferred wages, something like: If you are going to force me out against my wishes, pay me what I'm owed, bitch.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think the club needs to get Eriksen wrapped up, and then set themselves deadlines for Martinez and De Jong to move on. Neither player is worth severely overpaying to secure or convince to move here, nor can we afford these deals to fail whilst squandering the opportunity to sign alternatives before the season starts.

croadyman

What I think will happen is:

Barca will agree a fee with United - apparently done.

Barca will tell de Jong its pay cut or leave - also done apparently

Barca will offer de Jong a take it or leave it offer, one they KNOW he won't take, it'd be the absolute max they can legally cut his wages by, and writing off his deferred wages or cutting them big time

De Jong will refuse the offer and Barca will flat out tell him that he has no future at the club. His only option is to leave.

De Jong will reluctantly leave and Barca will spin it as they tried their best to keep him and offered him a deal that they believe was modest and acceptable. They'll paint him as a mercenary who cared more for money then the club.

This will all play out over the next few days in my opinion
Fair play if you call how this plays out right

croadyman

That midfield is getting cut to pieces by any good attacking midfielder/10. Fred or Mctom will start... whether people like it or not :lol:
Surely we can find a DM around the £20-£25m which gives De Jong (if he signs) that little bit of extra protection

Status
Not open for further replies.